Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

In The Ghetto Take 1 - Fixed

Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:44 pm

I love this take of the song the very first take the only distracting part from this beautiful performance was elvis messing up the lyrics on the ''As a crowd gathers round an angry young man, faced down in the street with a gun in his hand''. Now i fixed this.. Thanks to the beautiful stereo ''From Elvis In Memphis'' FTD I was able to replace that little part with take 4.

Judge for yourself if you like it..Or not!.

http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/11201633/file.html

(To hear in the best quality you gotta download it, for some reason zippyshare's player plays it at a lower quality)

UPDATE: I made a video to it
phpBB [video]

Last edited by Johnny2523 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: In The Ghetto Take 1 - Fixed

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:46 am

I'm uncomfortable with editing and messing around with what Elvis did in the studio. Just me though.

Re: In The Ghetto Take 1 - Fixed

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:06 am

stevelecher wrote:I'm uncomfortable with editing and messing around with what Elvis did in the studio. Just me though.


Me to.

Re: In The Ghetto Take 1 - Fixed

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:40 am

Maybe Elvis meant to break it.

Re: In The Ghetto Take 1 - Fixed

Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:10 am

Part of the fun about outtakes is that they aren't perfect. I don't want them "fixed."

Re: In The Ghetto Take 1 - Fixed

Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:31 am

Johnny2523 wrote:I love this take of the song the very first take the only distracting part from this beautiful performance was elvis messing up the lyrics on the ''As a crowd gathers round an angry young man, faced down in the street with a gun in his hand''. Now i fixed this.. Thanks to the beautiful stereo ''From Elvis In Memphis'' FTD I was able to replace that little part with take 4.

Judge for yourself if you like it..Or not!.

http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/11201633/file.html

(To hear in the best quality you gotta download it, for some reason zippyshare's player plays it at a lower quality)

UPDATE: I made a video to it
phpBB [video]



2 problem I have with those self-home-made videos:

one, they are never quite right, the video is NOT liypsynch. Sure the video is from Aug 1970, the Audio from over a year earlier, BUT that is not an excuse. There are brilliant video editing programs out there, Final Cut for the Apple fraction, Adobe After effects for the PC ppl, just to name two, with which one can achieve a perfect result! b

But that would take some craftmanship, for example how to use timeremapping and to apply keyframes, it also requires time and maybe even some blood, sweat and tears, but those things are a rare trades those days, almost nobody is willing to go the extra mile, instead instant gratification is what ppl aim for, no paying dues, no working your way up, only instant results and half *ss cr*p like that video. Most bothering is the scene in which the sweets do the bakcground vocals, allthough there is no backgroundvocals on the audio. Seriously, Johnny, could you not put in some creativity and edit it so it would look at least good, let alone cool?!

the second problem I have is, when ppl put in so little effort, yet they must watermark their "work" with their dreamed up trademark name, yet forget to acknowledge the real source of the material they use.


BTW I have no problem with the splicing in that one line from take 4, as long as it is mentioned, which you did. But the video is a pile of BS!

Re: In The Ghetto Take 1 - Fixed

Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:38 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Maybe Elvis meant to break it.


Maybe so, maybe not. As long it (the editing) is mentioned, i find it to be okay. Would i buy it, no way.

But the biggest problem are those dreaful videos those guys put out, cheap, no real work involed, not synch, yet watermarked and then posting it on here as if it is a divine gift from God.

Re: In The Ghetto Take 1 - Fixed

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:38 am

BigBird wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:I love this take of the song the very first take the only distracting part from this beautiful performance was elvis messing up the lyrics on the ''As a crowd gathers round an angry young man, faced down in the street with a gun in his hand''. Now i fixed this.. Thanks to the beautiful stereo ''From Elvis In Memphis'' FTD I was able to replace that little part with take 4.

Judge for yourself if you like it..Or not!.

http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/11201633/file.html

(To hear in the best quality you gotta download it, for some reason zippyshare's player plays it at a lower quality)

UPDATE: I made a video to it
phpBB [video]



2 problem I have with those self-home-made videos:

one, they are never quite right, the video is NOT liypsynch. Sure the video is from Aug 1970, the Audio from over a year earlier, BUT that is not an excuse. There are brilliant video editing programs out there, Final Cut for the Apple fraction, Adobe After effects for the PC ppl, just to name two, with which one can achieve a perfect result! b

But that would take some craftmanship, for example how to use timeremapping and to apply keyframes, it also requires time and maybe even some blood, sweat and tears, but those things are a rare trades those days, almost nobody is willing to go the extra mile, instead instant gratification is what ppl aim for, no paying dues, no working your way up, only instant results and half *ss cr*p like that video. Most bothering is the scene in which the sweets do the bakcground vocals, allthough there is no backgroundvocals on the audio. Seriously, Johnny, could you not put in some creativity and edit it so it would look at least good, let alone cool?!

the second problem I have is, when ppl put in so little effort, yet they must watermark their "work" with their dreamed up trademark name, yet forget to acknowledge the real source of the material they use.


BTW I have no problem with the splicing in that one line from take 4, as long as it is mentioned, which you did. But the video is a pile of BS!


While I disagree with "fixing" the creative process, revealed in outtakes, I totally disagree with your putdown of fan mashups. (I don't do those kind, but some are quite nice.) This is democracy. The record labels no longer can control the videos, nor rip-off the artists to make them as they used to in the old days of MTV.

There are some great artists making every kind of fan video, and it's a fantastic thing! Power to the people, right on! That's what this is about, regarding fan videos.

Just watched the Napster documentary film last night, and I am in a feisty mood about this.

And he did work hard on it, for free, and that is to be respected!

But do let the outtakes keep their warts and all: it's why we love them.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Re: In The Ghetto Take 1 - Fixed

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:57 am

Thanks for your effort, Johnny! ::rocks

Re: In The Ghetto Take 1 - Fixed

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:59 am

A outtake is a outtake and a live-clip is a live-clip. I do not understand why play with it? :?:

Re: In The Ghetto Take 1 - Fixed

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:09 pm

rjm wrote:
BigBird wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:I love this take of the song the very first take the only distracting part from this beautiful performance was elvis messing up the lyrics on the ''As a crowd gathers round an angry young man, faced down in the street with a gun in his hand''. Now i fixed this.. Thanks to the beautiful stereo ''From Elvis In Memphis'' FTD I was able to replace that little part with take 4.

Judge for yourself if you like it..Or not!.

http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/11201633/file.html

(To hear in the best quality you gotta download it, for some reason zippyshare's player plays it at a lower quality)

UPDATE: I made a video to it
phpBB [video]



2 problem I have with those self-home-made videos:

one, they are never quite right, the video is NOT liypsynch. Sure the video is from Aug 1970, the Audio from over a year earlier, BUT that is not an excuse. There are brilliant video editing programs out there, Final Cut for the Apple fraction, Adobe After effects for the PC ppl, just to name two, with which one can achieve a perfect result! b

But that would take some craftmanship, for example how to use timeremapping and to apply keyframes, it also requires time and maybe even some blood, sweat and tears, but those things are a rare trades those days, almost nobody is willing to go the extra mile, instead instant gratification is what ppl aim for, no paying dues, no working your way up, only instant results and half *ss cr*p like that video. Most bothering is the scene in which the sweets do the bakcground vocals, allthough there is no backgroundvocals on the audio. Seriously, Johnny, could you not put in some creativity and edit it so it would look at least good, let alone cool?!

the second problem I have is, when ppl put in so little effort, yet they must watermark their "work" with their dreamed up trademark name, yet forget to acknowledge the real source of the material they use.


BTW I have no problem with the splicing in that one line from take 4, as long as it is mentioned, which you did. But the video is a pile of BS!


While I disagree with "fixing" the creative process, revealed in outtakes, I totally disagree with your putdown of fan mashups. (I don't do those kind, but some are quite nice.) This is democracy. The record labels no longer can control the videos, nor rip-off the artists to make them as they used to in the old days of MTV.

There are some great artists making every kind of fan video, and it's a fantastic thing! Power to the people, right on! That's what this is about, regarding fan videos.

Just watched the Napster documentary film last night, and I am in a feisty mood about this.

And he did work hard on it, for free, and that is to be respected!

But do let the outtakes keep their warts and all: it's why we love them.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4


Are you aware that your post, the one I am quoteing here, is 100% self refuting?

You babble about democracy and how I am not democratic etc., yet you bash me for exercising my right of free speech, which is THE core principal of every democratic system, more so, free speech is the very oxygen democracy is breathing!!!

Now after our little excurse into politics, let me tell you something else.

Johnny is NOT doing those dreadful video clips for free, he does them to be praised, or at the very least acknowledged, again that is not for free, but selfish in its very core!
He wants to hear how good they are, but they are no good at all and the fact that they are free dont make them any better.
Would you want a free car which does not work at all, or the valves only working in synch here and there, but not always? Would you say, this is a great car, it does not really work, but it is great because it was for free?

See how idiotic you notion is, before you run to the moderator, I did not say that you are idiotic, I said you notion is, which again is free speech, at least i hope so.

Re: In The Ghetto Take 1 - Fixed

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:22 pm

BigBird wrote:
rjm wrote:
BigBird wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:I love this take of the song the very first take the only distracting part from this beautiful performance was elvis messing up the lyrics on the ''As a crowd gathers round an angry young man, faced down in the street with a gun in his hand''. Now i fixed this.. Thanks to the beautiful stereo ''From Elvis In Memphis'' FTD I was able to replace that little part with take 4.

Judge for yourself if you like it..Or not!.

http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/11201633/file.html

(To hear in the best quality you gotta download it, for some reason zippyshare's player plays it at a lower quality)

UPDATE: I made a video to it
phpBB [video]



2 problem I have with those self-home-made videos:

one, they are never quite right, the video is NOT liypsynch. Sure the video is from Aug 1970, the Audio from over a year earlier, BUT that is not an excuse. There are brilliant video editing programs out there, Final Cut for the Apple fraction, Adobe After effects for the PC ppl, just to name two, with which one can achieve a perfect result! b

But that would take some craftmanship, for example how to use timeremapping and to apply keyframes, it also requires time and maybe even some blood, sweat and tears, but those things are a rare trades those days, almost nobody is willing to go the extra mile, instead instant gratification is what ppl aim for, no paying dues, no working your way up, only instant results and half *ss cr*p like that video. Most bothering is the scene in which the sweets do the bakcground vocals, allthough there is no backgroundvocals on the audio. Seriously, Johnny, could you not put in some creativity and edit it so it would look at least good, let alone cool?!

the second problem I have is, when ppl put in so little effort, yet they must watermark their "work" with their dreamed up trademark name, yet forget to acknowledge the real source of the material they use.


BTW I have no problem with the splicing in that one line from take 4, as long as it is mentioned, which you did. But the video is a pile of BS!


While I disagree with "fixing" the creative process, revealed in outtakes, I totally disagree with your putdown of fan mashups. (I don't do those kind, but some are quite nice.) This is democracy. The record labels no longer can control the videos, nor rip-off the artists to make them as they used to in the old days of MTV.

There are some great artists making every kind of fan video, and it's a fantastic thing! Power to the people, right on! That's what this is about, regarding fan videos.

Just watched the Napster documentary film last night, and I am in a feisty mood about this.

And he did work hard on it, for free, and that is to be respected!

But do let the outtakes keep their warts and all: it's why we love them.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4


Are you aware that your post, the one I am quoteing here, is 100% self refuting?

You babble about democracy and how I am not democratic etc., yet you bash me for exercising my right of free speech, which is THE core principal of every democratic system, more so, free speech is the very oxygen democracy is breathing!!!

Now after our little excurse into politics, let me tell you something else.

Johnny is NOT doing those dreadful video clips for free, he does them to be praised, or at the very least acknowledged, again that is not for free, but selfish in its very core!
He wants to hear how good they are, but they are no good at all and the fact that they are free dont make them any better.
Would you want a free car which does not work at all, or the valves only working in synch here and there, but not always? Would you say, this is a great car, it does not really work, but it is great because it was for free?

See how idiotic you notion is, before you run to the moderator, I did not say that you are idiotic, I said you notion is, which again is free speech, at least i hope so.


Selfish?? i do those videos in my free time for the fun of it i been making videos since 2007. Im not doing this to be praised or get acknowlegdement but i do this for the fun of being a elvis fan. I don't want to hear how good they are. but if others do enjoy my videos then whats the problem??

Re: In The Ghetto Take 1 - Fixed

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:25 pm

BigBird wrote:
rjm wrote:
BigBird wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:I love this take of the song the very first take the only distracting part from this beautiful performance was elvis messing up the lyrics on the ''As a crowd gathers round an angry young man, faced down in the street with a gun in his hand''. Now i fixed this.. Thanks to the beautiful stereo ''From Elvis In Memphis'' FTD I was able to replace that little part with take 4.

Judge for yourself if you like it..Or not!.

http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/11201633/file.html

(To hear in the best quality you gotta download it, for some reason zippyshare's player plays it at a lower quality)

UPDATE: I made a video to it
phpBB [video]



2 problem I have with those self-home-made videos:

one, they are never quite right, the video is NOT liypsynch. Sure the video is from Aug 1970, the Audio from over a year earlier, BUT that is not an excuse. There are brilliant video editing programs out there, Final Cut for the Apple fraction, Adobe After effects for the PC ppl, just to name two, with which one can achieve a perfect result! b

But that would take some craftmanship, for example how to use timeremapping and to apply keyframes, it also requires time and maybe even some blood, sweat and tears, but those things are a rare trades those days, almost nobody is willing to go the extra mile, instead instant gratification is what ppl aim for, no paying dues, no working your way up, only instant results and half *ss cr*p like that video. Most bothering is the scene in which the sweets do the bakcground vocals, allthough there is no backgroundvocals on the audio. Seriously, Johnny, could you not put in some creativity and edit it so it would look at least good, let alone cool?!

the second problem I have is, when ppl put in so little effort, yet they must watermark their "work" with their dreamed up trademark name, yet forget to acknowledge the real source of the material they use.


BTW I have no problem with the splicing in that one line from take 4, as long as it is mentioned, which you did. But the video is a pile of BS!


While I disagree with "fixing" the creative process, revealed in outtakes, I totally disagree with your putdown of fan mashups. (I don't do those kind, but some are quite nice.) This is democracy. The record labels no longer can control the videos, nor rip-off the artists to make them as they used to in the old days of MTV.

There are some great artists making every kind of fan video, and it's a fantastic thing! Power to the people, right on! That's what this is about, regarding fan videos.

Just watched the Napster documentary film last night, and I am in a feisty mood about this.

And he did work hard on it, for free, and that is to be respected!

But do let the outtakes keep their warts and all: it's why we love them.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4


Are you aware that your post, the one I am quoteing here, is 100% self refuting?

You babble about democracy and how I am not democratic etc., yet you bash me for exercising my right of free speech, which is THE core principal of every democratic system, more so, free speech is the very oxygen democracy is breathing!!!

Now after our little excurse into politics, let me tell you something else.

Johnny is NOT doing those dreadful video clips for free, he does them to be praised, or at the very least acknowledged, again that is not for free, but selfish in its very core!
He wants to hear how good they are, but they are no good at all and the fact that they are free dont make them any better.
Would you want a free car which does not work at all, or the valves only working in synch here and there, but not always? Would you say, this is a great car, it does not really work, but it is great because it was for free?

See how idiotic you notion is, before you run to the moderator, I did not say that you are idiotic, I said you notion is, which again is free speech, at least i hope so.


I don't run to the moderator!

It's something he posted for no financial gain, and I imagine did his best to provide entertainment for anyone who might like it.

What harm is done? Not everyone can be a Hollywood-film school-trained videographer. And nowadays, ordinary people, who are fans can experiment, learn, and generously give what they can to other fans. If you don't like it, a button is provided for that! MTV had no such button for that Rick Astley junk thing that people use to prank others now. And so many others!

Back then, the labels controled the videos, and took the money spent on the "professionals" out of artist's royalties. The better the video, the more money the labels took!

Mashups really aren't my thing, but people like them. If you don't, fine.

Speech that argues against free expression is not a democratic ideal. This is not electoral politics; it's daily politics. More important!

It's our future, now, not the labels who cheated the artists, always. You can't stop it.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Re: In The Ghetto Take 1 - Fixed

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:43 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
BigBird wrote:
rjm wrote:
BigBird wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:I love this take of the song the very first take the only distracting part from this beautiful performance was elvis messing up the lyrics on the ''As a crowd gathers round an angry young man, faced down in the street with a gun in his hand''. Now i fixed this.. Thanks to the beautiful stereo ''From Elvis In Memphis'' FTD I was able to replace that little part with take 4.

Judge for yourself if you like it..Or not!.

http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/11201633/file.html

(To hear in the best quality you gotta download it, for some reason zippyshare's player plays it at a lower quality)

UPDATE: I made a video to it
phpBB [video]



2 problem I have with those self-home-made videos:

one, they are never quite right, the video is NOT liypsynch. Sure the video is from Aug 1970, the Audio from over a year earlier, BUT that is not an excuse. There are brilliant video editing programs out there, Final Cut for the Apple fraction, Adobe After effects for the PC ppl, just to name two, with which one can achieve a perfect result! b

But that would take some craftmanship, for example how to use timeremapping and to apply keyframes, it also requires time and maybe even some blood, sweat and tears, but those things are a rare trades those days, almost nobody is willing to go the extra mile, instead instant gratification is what ppl aim for, no paying dues, no working your way up, only instant results and half *ss cr*p like that video. Most bothering is the scene in which the sweets do the bakcground vocals, allthough there is no backgroundvocals on the audio. Seriously, Johnny, could you not put in some creativity and edit it so it would look at least good, let alone cool?!

the second problem I have is, when ppl put in so little effort, yet they must watermark their "work" with their dreamed up trademark name, yet forget to acknowledge the real source of the material they use.


BTW I have no problem with the splicing in that one line from take 4, as long as it is mentioned, which you did. But the video is a pile of BS!


While I disagree with "fixing" the creative process, revealed in outtakes, I totally disagree with your putdown of fan mashups. (I don't do those kind, but some are quite nice.) This is democracy. The record labels no longer can control the videos, nor rip-off the artists to make them as they used to in the old days of MTV.

There are some great artists making every kind of fan video, and it's a fantastic thing! Power to the people, right on! That's what this is about, regarding fan videos.

Just watched the Napster documentary film last night, and I am in a feisty mood about this.

And he did work hard on it, for free, and that is to be respected!

But do let the outtakes keep their warts and all: it's why we love them.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4


Are you aware that your post, the one I am quoteing here, is 100% self refuting?

You babble about democracy and how I am not democratic etc., yet you bash me for exercising my right of free speech, which is THE core principal of every democratic system, more so, free speech is the very oxygen democracy is breathing!!!

Now after our little excurse into politics, let me tell you something else.

Johnny is NOT doing those dreadful video clips for free, he does them to be praised, or at the very least acknowledged, again that is not for free, but selfish in its very core!
He wants to hear how good they are, but they are no good at all and the fact that they are free dont make them any better.
Would you want a free car which does not work at all, or the valves only working in synch here and there, but not always? Would you say, this is a great car, it does not really work, but it is great because it was for free?

See how idiotic you notion is, before you run to the moderator, I did not say that you are idiotic, I said you notion is, which again is free speech, at least i hope so.


Selfish?? i do those videos in my free time for the fun of it i been making videos since 2007. Im not doing this to be praised or get acknowlegdement but i do this for the fun of being a elvis fan. I don't want to hear how good they are. but if others do enjoy my videos then whats the problem??


Yes selfish, you hear me right. Now the fact that selfishness does not need to be a bad thing has never accured to you, or did it?
But in the case of your video making it certainly is a bad thing, you videos are amateurish, not synch and if you want to do something good, help out in a soup kitchen and i am sure ppll will be thankful to you!

BTW: you said it your self, you do this because its is fun to you, which means you do that for selfish reasons, if you would not get any joy from it, you would not do it, case closed.
Yes, you also do this to be acknowledged, if you soley do it because of the fun aspect, you would not post it here, you do want ppl to see it, yet another selfish reason.

However it would be all fine if your videos were any good, but they are not good especially since you are doing this since 6 years and still dont know how to do this right. I think it is save to say that you should find something else you could shine in, video editing aint it for you!

Re: In The Ghetto Take 1 - Fixed

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:47 pm

BigBird wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
BigBird wrote:
rjm wrote:
BigBird wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:I love this take of the song the very first take the only distracting part from this beautiful performance was elvis messing up the lyrics on the ''As a crowd gathers round an angry young man, faced down in the street with a gun in his hand''. Now i fixed this.. Thanks to the beautiful stereo ''From Elvis In Memphis'' FTD I was able to replace that little part with take 4.

Judge for yourself if you like it..Or not!.

http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/11201633/file.html

(To hear in the best quality you gotta download it, for some reason zippyshare's player plays it at a lower quality)

UPDATE: I made a video to it
phpBB [video]



2 problem I have with those self-home-made videos:

one, they are never quite right, the video is NOT liypsynch. Sure the video is from Aug 1970, the Audio from over a year earlier, BUT that is not an excuse. There are brilliant video editing programs out there, Final Cut for the Apple fraction, Adobe After effects for the PC ppl, just to name two, with which one can achieve a perfect result! b

But that would take some craftmanship, for example how to use timeremapping and to apply keyframes, it also requires time and maybe even some blood, sweat and tears, but those things are a rare trades those days, almost nobody is willing to go the extra mile, instead instant gratification is what ppl aim for, no paying dues, no working your way up, only instant results and half *ss cr*p like that video. Most bothering is the scene in which the sweets do the bakcground vocals, allthough there is no backgroundvocals on the audio. Seriously, Johnny, could you not put in some creativity and edit it so it would look at least good, let alone cool?!

the second problem I have is, when ppl put in so little effort, yet they must watermark their "work" with their dreamed up trademark name, yet forget to acknowledge the real source of the material they use.


BTW I have no problem with the splicing in that one line from take 4, as long as it is mentioned, which you did. But the video is a pile of BS!


While I disagree with "fixing" the creative process, revealed in outtakes, I totally disagree with your putdown of fan mashups. (I don't do those kind, but some are quite nice.) This is democracy. The record labels no longer can control the videos, nor rip-off the artists to make them as they used to in the old days of MTV.

There are some great artists making every kind of fan video, and it's a fantastic thing! Power to the people, right on! That's what this is about, regarding fan videos.

Just watched the Napster documentary film last night, and I am in a feisty mood about this.

And he did work hard on it, for free, and that is to be respected!

But do let the outtakes keep their warts and all: it's why we love them.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4


Are you aware that your post, the one I am quoteing here, is 100% self refuting?

You babble about democracy and how I am not democratic etc., yet you bash me for exercising my right of free speech, which is THE core principal of every democratic system, more so, free speech is the very oxygen democracy is breathing!!!

Now after our little excurse into politics, let me tell you something else.

Johnny is NOT doing those dreadful video clips for free, he does them to be praised, or at the very least acknowledged, again that is not for free, but selfish in its very core!
He wants to hear how good they are, but they are no good at all and the fact that they are free dont make them any better.
Would you want a free car which does not work at all, or the valves only working in synch here and there, but not always? Would you say, this is a great car, it does not really work, but it is great because it was for free?

See how idiotic you notion is, before you run to the moderator, I did not say that you are idiotic, I said you notion is, which again is free speech, at least i hope so.


Selfish?? i do those videos in my free time for the fun of it i been making videos since 2007. Im not doing this to be praised or get acknowlegdement but i do this for the fun of being a elvis fan. I don't want to hear how good they are. but if others do enjoy my videos then whats the problem??


Yes selfish, you hear me right. Now the fact that selfishness does not need to be a bad thing has never accured to you, or did it?
But in the case of your video making it certainly is a bad thing, you videos are amateurish, not synch and if you want to do something good, help out in a soup kitchen and i am sure ppll will be thankful to you!

BTW: you said it your self, you do this because its is fun to you, which means you do that for selfish reasons, if you would not get any joy from it, you would not do it, case closed.
Yes, you also do this to be acknowledged, if you soley do it because of the fun aspect, you would not post it here, you do want ppl to see it, yet another selfish reason.

However it would be all fine if your videos were any good, but they are not good especially since you are doing this since 6 years and still dont know how to do this right. I think it is save to say that you should find something else you could shine in, video editing aint it for you!


I don't think your the right person to judge that are you???.. Especially not with ur sesame street username..
Besides that.. Are you able to make video edits? What are your skills on this subject?, I make my video's for the fun of working on videos that contain my idol elvis.. But okay.. if u think thats selfish, then i guess u think elvis is selfish aswell because he sang, because he liked to sing, and others enjoyed that.. But ofcoarse you'll say thats a diffrent thing.. well it isnt. but like wise people once said: You can't please anyone..
i LOL at what you say.. Funny my videos got critic from BigBird. :smt006

Re: In The Ghetto Take 1 - Fixed

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:52 pm

rjm wrote:
BigBird wrote:
rjm wrote:
BigBird wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:I love this take of the song the very first take the only distracting part from this beautiful performance was elvis messing up the lyrics on the ''As a crowd gathers round an angry young man, faced down in the street with a gun in his hand''. Now i fixed this.. Thanks to the beautiful stereo ''From Elvis In Memphis'' FTD I was able to replace that little part with take 4.

Judge for yourself if you like it..Or not!.

http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/11201633/file.html

(To hear in the best quality you gotta download it, for some reason zippyshare's player plays it at a lower quality)

UPDATE: I made a video to it
phpBB [video]



2 problem I have with those self-home-made videos:

one, they are never quite right, the video is NOT liypsynch. Sure the video is from Aug 1970, the Audio from over a year earlier, BUT that is not an excuse. There are brilliant video editing programs out there, Final Cut for the Apple fraction, Adobe After effects for the PC ppl, just to name two, with which one can achieve a perfect result! b

But that would take some craftmanship, for example how to use timeremapping and to apply keyframes, it also requires time and maybe even some blood, sweat and tears, but those things are a rare trades those days, almost nobody is willing to go the extra mile, instead instant gratification is what ppl aim for, no paying dues, no working your way up, only instant results and half *ss cr*p like that video. Most bothering is the scene in which the sweets do the bakcground vocals, allthough there is no backgroundvocals on the audio. Seriously, Johnny, could you not put in some creativity and edit it so it would look at least good, let alone cool?!

the second problem I have is, when ppl put in so little effort, yet they must watermark their "work" with their dreamed up trademark name, yet forget to acknowledge the real source of the material they use.


BTW I have no problem with the splicing in that one line from take 4, as long as it is mentioned, which you did. But the video is a pile of BS!


While I disagree with "fixing" the creative process, revealed in outtakes, I totally disagree with your putdown of fan mashups. (I don't do those kind, but some are quite nice.) This is democracy. The record labels no longer can control the videos, nor rip-off the artists to make them as they used to in the old days of MTV.

There are some great artists making every kind of fan video, and it's a fantastic thing! Power to the people, right on! That's what this is about, regarding fan videos.

Just watched the Napster documentary film last night, and I am in a feisty mood about this.

And he did work hard on it, for free, and that is to be respected!

But do let the outtakes keep their warts and all: it's why we love them.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4


Are you aware that your post, the one I am quoteing here, is 100% self refuting?

You babble about democracy and how I am not democratic etc., yet you bash me for exercising my right of free speech, which is THE core principal of every democratic system, more so, free speech is the very oxygen democracy is breathing!!!

Now after our little excurse into politics, let me tell you something else.

Johnny is NOT doing those dreadful video clips for free, he does them to be praised, or at the very least acknowledged, again that is not for free, but selfish in its very core!
He wants to hear how good they are, but they are no good at all and the fact that they are free dont make them any better.
Would you want a free car which does not work at all, or the valves only working in synch here and there, but not always? Would you say, this is a great car, it does not really work, but it is great because it was for free?

See how idiotic you notion is, before you run to the moderator, I did not say that you are idiotic, I said you notion is, which again is free speech, at least i hope so.


I don't run to the moderator!

It's something he posted for no financial gain, and I imagine did his best to provide entertainment for anyone who might like it.

What harm is done? Not everyone can be a Hollywood-film school-trained videographer. And nowadays, ordinary people, who are fans can experiment, learn, and generously give what they can to other fans. If you don't like it, a button is provided for that! MTV had no such button for that Rick Astley junk thing that people use to prank others now. And so many others!

Back then, the labels controled the videos, and took the money spent on the "professionals" out of artist's royalties. The better the video, the more money the labels took!

Mashups really aren't my thing, but people like them. If you don't, fine.

Speech that argues against free expression is not a democratic ideal. This is not electoral politics; it's daily politics. More important!

It's our future, now, not the labels who cheated the artists, always. You can't stop it.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4


First of all, i dont want to stop anything, all i am saying is that Johnnys video stinks.

You at least must admitt that it is NOT synch and that it could been done a lot better, right?

Now, what strikes me astrange is the fact that you are willing to be extremely kind in the face of such a bad video clip, yet on the other hand, you seem to be one of those very critical ppl when it comes to Elvis, especially in his later years, why dont you exercise a little bit of your softer approach on elvis?

One the end of the day, elvis on his worst day, had more talent in his pink toe than any of us, so why dont you apply the same set of rules onto Elvis which you apply on the king of unsynch aka. Johnny?

Re: In The Ghetto Take 1 - Fixed

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:55 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
BigBird wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
BigBird wrote:
rjm wrote:
BigBird wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:I love this take of the song the very first take the only distracting part from this beautiful performance was elvis messing up the lyrics on the ''As a crowd gathers round an angry young man, faced down in the street with a gun in his hand''. Now i fixed this.. Thanks to the beautiful stereo ''From Elvis In Memphis'' FTD I was able to replace that little part with take 4.

Judge for yourself if you like it..Or not!.

http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/11201633/file.html

(To hear in the best quality you gotta download it, for some reason zippyshare's player plays it at a lower quality)

UPDATE: I made a video to it
phpBB [video]



2 problem I have with those self-home-made videos:

one, they are never quite right, the video is NOT liypsynch. Sure the video is from Aug 1970, the Audio from over a year earlier, BUT that is not an excuse. There are brilliant video editing programs out there, Final Cut for the Apple fraction, Adobe After effects for the PC ppl, just to name two, with which one can achieve a perfect result! b

But that would take some craftmanship, for example how to use timeremapping and to apply keyframes, it also requires time and maybe even some blood, sweat and tears, but those things are a rare trades those days, almost nobody is willing to go the extra mile, instead instant gratification is what ppl aim for, no paying dues, no working your way up, only instant results and half *ss cr*p like that video. Most bothering is the scene in which the sweets do the bakcground vocals, allthough there is no backgroundvocals on the audio. Seriously, Johnny, could you not put in some creativity and edit it so it would look at least good, let alone cool?!

the second problem I have is, when ppl put in so little effort, yet they must watermark their "work" with their dreamed up trademark name, yet forget to acknowledge the real source of the material they use.


BTW I have no problem with the splicing in that one line from take 4, as long as it is mentioned, which you did. But the video is a pile of BS!


While I disagree with "fixing" the creative process, revealed in outtakes, I totally disagree with your putdown of fan mashups. (I don't do those kind, but some are quite nice.) This is democracy. The record labels no longer can control the videos, nor rip-off the artists to make them as they used to in the old days of MTV.

There are some great artists making every kind of fan video, and it's a fantastic thing! Power to the people, right on! That's what this is about, regarding fan videos.

Just watched the Napster documentary film last night, and I am in a feisty mood about this.

And he did work hard on it, for free, and that is to be respected!

But do let the outtakes keep their warts and all: it's why we love them.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4


Are you aware that your post, the one I am quoteing here, is 100% self refuting?

You babble about democracy and how I am not democratic etc., yet you bash me for exercising my right of free speech, which is THE core principal of every democratic system, more so, free speech is the very oxygen democracy is breathing!!!

Now after our little excurse into politics, let me tell you something else.

Johnny is NOT doing those dreadful video clips for free, he does them to be praised, or at the very least acknowledged, again that is not for free, but selfish in its very core!
He wants to hear how good they are, but they are no good at all and the fact that they are free dont make them any better.
Would you want a free car which does not work at all, or the valves only working in synch here and there, but not always? Would you say, this is a great car, it does not really work, but it is great because it was for free?

See how idiotic you notion is, before you run to the moderator, I did not say that you are idiotic, I said you notion is, which again is free speech, at least i hope so.


Selfish?? i do those videos in my free time for the fun of it i been making videos since 2007. Im not doing this to be praised or get acknowlegdement but i do this for the fun of being a elvis fan. I don't want to hear how good they are. but if others do enjoy my videos then whats the problem??


Yes selfish, you hear me right. Now the fact that selfishness does not need to be a bad thing has never accured to you, or did it?
But in the case of your video making it certainly is a bad thing, you videos are amateurish, not synch and if you want to do something good, help out in a soup kitchen and i am sure ppll will be thankful to you!

BTW: you said it your self, you do this because its is fun to you, which means you do that for selfish reasons, if you would not get any joy from it, you would not do it, case closed.
Yes, you also do this to be acknowledged, if you soley do it because of the fun aspect, you would not post it here, you do want ppl to see it, yet another selfish reason.

However it would be all fine if your videos were any good, but they are not good especially since you are doing this since 6 years and still dont know how to do this right. I think it is save to say that you should find something else you could shine in, video editing aint it for you!


I don't think your the right person to judge that are you???.. Especially not with ur sesame street username..
Besides that.. Are you able to make video edits? What are your skills on this subject?, I make my video's for the fun of working on videos that contain my idol elvis.. But okay.. if u think thats selfish, then i guess u think elvis is selfish aswell because he sang, because he liked to sing, and others enjoyed that.. But ofcoarse you'll say thats a diffrent thing.. well it isnt. but like wise people once said: You can't please anyone..
i LOL at what you say.. Funny my videos got critic from BigBird. :smt006


Actually I am the right person to judge your "work", because I am a video editor and let me tell you, your video stinks!

The fact to you have to use my user-name as an excuse for not to listen to me seams to be infantile to say the least.

Re: In The Ghetto Take 1 - Fixed

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:58 pm

BigBird wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
BigBird wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
BigBird wrote:
rjm wrote:
BigBird wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:I love this take of the song the very first take the only distracting part from this beautiful performance was elvis messing up the lyrics on the ''As a crowd gathers round an angry young man, faced down in the street with a gun in his hand''. Now i fixed this.. Thanks to the beautiful stereo ''From Elvis In Memphis'' FTD I was able to replace that little part with take 4.

Judge for yourself if you like it..Or not!.

http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/11201633/file.html

(To hear in the best quality you gotta download it, for some reason zippyshare's player plays it at a lower quality)

UPDATE: I made a video to it
phpBB [video]



2 problem I have with those self-home-made videos:

one, they are never quite right, the video is NOT liypsynch. Sure the video is from Aug 1970, the Audio from over a year earlier, BUT that is not an excuse. There are brilliant video editing programs out there, Final Cut for the Apple fraction, Adobe After effects for the PC ppl, just to name two, with which one can achieve a perfect result! b

But that would take some craftmanship, for example how to use timeremapping and to apply keyframes, it also requires time and maybe even some blood, sweat and tears, but those things are a rare trades those days, almost nobody is willing to go the extra mile, instead instant gratification is what ppl aim for, no paying dues, no working your way up, only instant results and half *ss cr*p like that video. Most bothering is the scene in which the sweets do the bakcground vocals, allthough there is no backgroundvocals on the audio. Seriously, Johnny, could you not put in some creativity and edit it so it would look at least good, let alone cool?!

the second problem I have is, when ppl put in so little effort, yet they must watermark their "work" with their dreamed up trademark name, yet forget to acknowledge the real source of the material they use.


BTW I have no problem with the splicing in that one line from take 4, as long as it is mentioned, which you did. But the video is a pile of BS!


While I disagree with "fixing" the creative process, revealed in outtakes, I totally disagree with your putdown of fan mashups. (I don't do those kind, but some are quite nice.) This is democracy. The record labels no longer can control the videos, nor rip-off the artists to make them as they used to in the old days of MTV.

There are some great artists making every kind of fan video, and it's a fantastic thing! Power to the people, right on! That's what this is about, regarding fan videos.

Just watched the Napster documentary film last night, and I am in a feisty mood about this.

And he did work hard on it, for free, and that is to be respected!

But do let the outtakes keep their warts and all: it's why we love them.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4


Are you aware that your post, the one I am quoteing here, is 100% self refuting?

You babble about democracy and how I am not democratic etc., yet you bash me for exercising my right of free speech, which is THE core principal of every democratic system, more so, free speech is the very oxygen democracy is breathing!!!

Now after our little excurse into politics, let me tell you something else.

Johnny is NOT doing those dreadful video clips for free, he does them to be praised, or at the very least acknowledged, again that is not for free, but selfish in its very core!
He wants to hear how good they are, but they are no good at all and the fact that they are free dont make them any better.
Would you want a free car which does not work at all, or the valves only working in synch here and there, but not always? Would you say, this is a great car, it does not really work, but it is great because it was for free?

See how idiotic you notion is, before you run to the moderator, I did not say that you are idiotic, I said you notion is, which again is free speech, at least i hope so.


Selfish?? i do those videos in my free time for the fun of it i been making videos since 2007. Im not doing this to be praised or get acknowlegdement but i do this for the fun of being a elvis fan. I don't want to hear how good they are. but if others do enjoy my videos then whats the problem??


Yes selfish, you hear me right. Now the fact that selfishness does not need to be a bad thing has never accured to you, or did it?
But in the case of your video making it certainly is a bad thing, you videos are amateurish, not synch and if you want to do something good, help out in a soup kitchen and i am sure ppll will be thankful to you!

BTW: you said it your self, you do this because its is fun to you, which means you do that for selfish reasons, if you would not get any joy from it, you would not do it, case closed.
Yes, you also do this to be acknowledged, if you soley do it because of the fun aspect, you would not post it here, you do want ppl to see it, yet another selfish reason.

However it would be all fine if your videos were any good, but they are not good especially since you are doing this since 6 years and still dont know how to do this right. I think it is save to say that you should find something else you could shine in, video editing aint it for you!


I don't think your the right person to judge that are you???.. Especially not with ur sesame street username..
Besides that.. Are you able to make video edits? What are your skills on this subject?, I make my video's for the fun of working on videos that contain my idol elvis.. But okay.. if u think thats selfish, then i guess u think elvis is selfish aswell because he sang, because he liked to sing, and others enjoyed that.. But ofcoarse you'll say thats a diffrent thing.. well it isnt. but like wise people once said: You can't please anyone..
i LOL at what you say.. Funny my videos got critic from BigBird. :smt006


Actually I am the right person to judge your "work", because I am a video editor and let me tell you, your video stinks!

The fact to you have to use my user-name as an excuse for not to listen to me seams to be infantile to say the least.


Excuse not really.. So where is your work??.
You say you are a video editor but don't show ur work|?|?.
And nope your not the right person to judge my video

Re: In The Ghetto Take 1 - Fixed

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:01 pm

Why must you quote the complete topic ever and ever. You can shortened and we can read it better. :roll:

Re: In The Ghetto Take 1 - Fixed

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:12 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
BigBird wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
BigBird wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
BigBird wrote:
rjm wrote:
BigBird wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:I love this take of the song the very first take the only distracting part from this beautiful performance was elvis messing up the lyrics on the ''As a crowd gathers round an angry young man, faced down in the street with a gun in his hand''. Now i fixed this.. Thanks to the beautiful stereo ''From Elvis In Memphis'' FTD I was able to replace that little part with take 4.

Judge for yourself if you like it..Or not!.

http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/11201633/file.html

(To hear in the best quality you gotta download it, for some reason zippyshare's player plays it at a lower quality)

UPDATE: I made a video to it
phpBB [video]



2 problem I have with those self-home-made videos:

one, they are never quite right, the video is NOT liypsynch. Sure the video is from Aug 1970, the Audio from over a year earlier, BUT that is not an excuse. There are brilliant video editing programs out there, Final Cut for the Apple fraction, Adobe After effects for the PC ppl, just to name two, with which one can achieve a perfect result! b

But that would take some craftmanship, for example how to use timeremapping and to apply keyframes, it also requires time and maybe even some blood, sweat and tears, but those things are a rare trades those days, almost nobody is willing to go the extra mile, instead instant gratification is what ppl aim for, no paying dues, no working your way up, only instant results and half *ss cr*p like that video. Most bothering is the scene in which the sweets do the bakcground vocals, allthough there is no backgroundvocals on the audio. Seriously, Johnny, could you not put in some creativity and edit it so it would look at least good, let alone cool?!

the second problem I have is, when ppl put in so little effort, yet they must watermark their "work" with their dreamed up trademark name, yet forget to acknowledge the real source of the material they use.


BTW I have no problem with the splicing in that one line from take 4, as long as it is mentioned, which you did. But the video is a pile of BS!


While I disagree with "fixing" the creative process, revealed in outtakes, I totally disagree with your putdown of fan mashups. (I don't do those kind, but some are quite nice.) This is democracy. The record labels no longer can control the videos, nor rip-off the artists to make them as they used to in the old days of MTV.

There are some great artists making every kind of fan video, and it's a fantastic thing! Power to the people, right on! That's what this is about, regarding fan videos.

Just watched the Napster documentary film last night, and I am in a feisty mood about this.

And he did work hard on it, for free, and that is to be respected!

But do let the outtakes keep their warts and all: it's why we love them.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4


Are you aware that your post, the one I am quoteing here, is 100% self refuting?

You babble about democracy and how I am not democratic etc., yet you bash me for exercising my right of free speech, which is THE core principal of every democratic system, more so, free speech is the very oxygen democracy is breathing!!!

Now after our little excurse into politics, let me tell you something else.

Johnny is NOT doing those dreadful video clips for free, he does them to be praised, or at the very least acknowledged, again that is not for free, but selfish in its very core!
He wants to hear how good they are, but they are no good at all and the fact that they are free dont make them any better.
Would you want a free car which does not work at all, or the valves only working in synch here and there, but not always? Would you say, this is a great car, it does not really work, but it is great because it was for free?

See how idiotic you notion is, before you run to the moderator, I did not say that you are idiotic, I said you notion is, which again is free speech, at least i hope so.


Selfish?? i do those videos in my free time for the fun of it i been making videos since 2007. Im not doing this to be praised or get acknowlegdement but i do this for the fun of being a elvis fan. I don't want to hear how good they are. but if others do enjoy my videos then whats the problem??


Yes selfish, you hear me right. Now the fact that selfishness does not need to be a bad thing has never accured to you, or did it?
But in the case of your video making it certainly is a bad thing, you videos are amateurish, not synch and if you want to do something good, help out in a soup kitchen and i am sure ppll will be thankful to you!

BTW: you said it your self, you do this because its is fun to you, which means you do that for selfish reasons, if you would not get any joy from it, you would not do it, case closed.
Yes, you also do this to be acknowledged, if you soley do it because of the fun aspect, you would not post it here, you do want ppl to see it, yet another selfish reason.

However it would be all fine if your videos were any good, but they are not good especially since you are doing this since 6 years and still dont know how to do this right. I think it is save to say that you should find something else you could shine in, video editing aint it for you!


I don't think your the right person to judge that are you???.. Especially not with ur sesame street username..
Besides that.. Are you able to make video edits? What are your skills on this subject?, I make my video's for the fun of working on videos that contain my idol elvis.. But okay.. if u think thats selfish, then i guess u think elvis is selfish aswell because he sang, because he liked to sing, and others enjoyed that.. But ofcoarse you'll say thats a diffrent thing.. well it isnt. but like wise people once said: You can't please anyone..
i LOL at what you say.. Funny my videos got critic from BigBird. :smt006


Actually I am the right person to judge your "work", because I am a video editor and let me tell you, your video stinks!

The fact to you have to use my user-name as an excuse for not to listen to me seams to be infantile to say the least.


Excuse not really.. So where is your work??.
You say you are a video editor but don't show ur work|?|?.
And nope your not the right person to judge my video


Did you every give me a chance to show you my work?

The answer is no!

Now, why I am not the right person to judge you video? because i think it stinks?

So let me guess, only the ppl who like your video are the right persons to judge it, right?

Cant you see how much of yourself you are showing right now?

Now, if you want to see my work, here:

phpBB [video]



or that:

phpBB [video]

Re: In The Ghetto Take 1 - Fixed

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:14 pm

Winston wrote:Why must you quote the complete topic ever and ever. You can shortened and we can read it better. :roll:


Yes, all I am thinking about is you reading comfort, that is what I live for!

Re: In The Ghetto Take 1 - Fixed

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:34 pm

Havent seen this video but in general most/nearly all are pretty pointless and bad.
As for topic I do this editing thing all the time.....fixing takes with mistakes...even masters.
I enjoy listening to them :D

Re: In The Ghetto Take 1 - Fixed

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:46 pm

It is a pity you did not have a hand in the editing of TFC box set, "BigBird".

Those repeated audience inserts that were used ad infinitum are amateurish in the extreme. :wink:

Re: In The Ghetto Take 1 - Fixed

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:59 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:It is a pity you did not have a hand in the editing of TFC box set, "BigBird".

Those repeated audience inserts that were used ad infinitum are amateurish in the extreme. :wink:


Well, thank you.

But I have to say that, if the producer would have ask me to do that with the audience too, I would have done it too, after all the producer is the producer, if you know what I mean.

For example, in that Aloha trailer I did not really want to do the UFO-thing landing into the animated total stage shot, nor was I thrilled with the superman font (very hard to do), but JP wanted it that way and he of course got it.

... and looking back at it, his idea with the aformentioned things was pretty good and not as cheesy as I thought it would been.

JP if you are reading that, you know what i mean. LOL

Re: In The Ghetto Take 1 - Fixed

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:50 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:I love this take of the song the very first take the only distracting part from this beautiful performance was elvis messing up the lyrics on the ''As a crowd gathers round an angry young man, faced down in the street with a gun in his hand''. Now i fixed this.. Thanks to the beautiful stereo ''From Elvis In Memphis'' FTD I was able to replace that little part with take 4.


Thanks man! Always loved take 1 to. It seems so sincere...

Great job!