Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: Did Elvis smoke cigarettes?

Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:54 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
egilj wrote:It seems Elvis increased his cigar/cigarillo-smoking in late 1967. All three Sergio Leone's spaghetti-western movies with Clint Eastwood was released in USA that year, maybe he got inspired. Interestingly it was exactly at this point that Elvis's voice got rougher and a bit hoarsened. I don't know if this has anything to do with his smoking, though, as I understand he didn't inhalate much. Or did he?

The coarse nature of his "rock" voice was influenced by seeing Tom Jones in concert around this time.

I don't think it was simply a chose of singing-style, but also an actual vocal change. You can hear this difference when he talks as well, not only when he sings.

Re: Did Elvis smoke cigarettes?

Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:04 pm

egilj wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
egilj wrote:It seems Elvis increased his cigar/cigarillo-smoking in late 1967. All three Sergio Leone's spaghetti-western movies with Clint Eastwood was released in USA that year, maybe he got inspired. Interestingly it was exactly at this point that Elvis's voice got rougher and a bit hoarsened. I don't know if this has anything to do with his smoking, though, as I understand he didn't inhalate much. Or did he?

The coarse nature of his "rock" voice was influenced by seeing Tom Jones in concert around this time.

I don't think it was simply a chose of singing-style, but also an actual vocal change. You can hear this difference when he talks as well, not only when he sings.

I don't hear much change in his speaking voice in 1967-68.