Post here your Elvis' pictures

FACEBOOK THIEVES

Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:11 am

I could have sworn I first saw this here on fecc . SO why no mention or credit to fecc and the man and his music magazine ::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: FACEBOOK THIEVES

Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:50 am

The internet is pretty much a free for all. Most pictures are on all kinds of sites. FB, Tumblr, eBay, pinterest, ioffer, and countless forums and other sources. There is NO way to police it or expect thanks for the original source. I'm not disagreeing with you, I am just saying expecting thanks is pointless. But cool picture regardless of the original source.

Re: FACEBOOK THIEVES

Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:53 am

I posted the photos here, after getting permission from the editor of the magazine.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... bes72.html

With security guards J. Tom Miller, Alex Righetti and John Horbelt during his February 1972 Las Vegas engagement

Photos credited to J.Tom Miller / courtesy of 'Elvis - The Man & His Music' - Now Dig This


Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Re: FACEBOOK THIEVES

Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:07 am

ArtyMorty wrote:The internet is pretty much a free for all. Most pictures are on all kinds of sites. FB, Tumblr, eBay, pinterest, ioffer, and countless forums and other sources. There is NO way to police it or expect thanks for the original source. I'm not disagreeing with you, I am just saying expecting thanks is pointless. But cool picture regardless of the original source.


It's a lot less cool with that tacky FB URL plastered on the bottom of the image.

Re: FACEBOOK THIEVES

Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:39 am

I understand exactly what your saying ARTYMORTY . I also agree DR JOHN tacky it is , and thank you PAUL
for sharing . The man and his music always manages to please , as does FECC. ::rocks ::rocks ::rocks

Re: FACEBOOK THIEVES

Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:43 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
ArtyMorty wrote:The internet is pretty much a free for all. Most pictures are on all kinds of sites. FB, Tumblr, eBay, pinterest, ioffer, and countless forums and other sources. There is NO way to police it or expect thanks for the original source. I'm not disagreeing with you, I am just saying expecting thanks is pointless. But cool picture regardless of the original source.


It's a lot less cool with that tacky FB URL plastered on the bottom of the image.


That is called unmitigated gall. They should be severely challenged regarding that "credit to themselves for stealing" thing on the photo. That is just outrageous. Talk about "unfair use."

If someone acts inappropriately on FB, after being contacted in a reasonable way without a resolution, they can be reported to Facebook.

Even the Wild West had sheriffs.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Re: FACEBOOK THIEVES

Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:51 pm

I agree that stamping your own Facebook url on a photo that you didn't take or at least give credit for is very bad. So strap on your sheriffs badges and holster your guns and good luck ! Of course, the Elvis internet could be like this...lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: FACEBOOK THIEVES

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:30 pm

rjm wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
ArtyMorty wrote:The internet is pretty much a free for all. Most pictures are on all kinds of sites. FB, Tumblr, eBay, pinterest, ioffer, and countless forums and other sources. There is NO way to police it or expect thanks for the original source. I'm not disagreeing with you, I am just saying expecting thanks is pointless. But cool picture regardless of the original source.


It's a lot less cool with that tacky FB URL plastered on the bottom of the image.


That is called unmitigated gall. They should be severely challenged regarding that "credit to themselves for stealing" thing on the photo. That is just outrageous. Talk about "unfair use."

If someone acts inappropriately on FB, after being contacted in a reasonable way without a resolution, they can be reported to Facebook.

Even the Wild West had sheriffs.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4



I agree wholeheartedly, RJM. I've had to report a couple of profiles that were of girls looking for a date. I mean, yeah, I'm lonely, but I'm not THAT lonely. :? :roll:


And that is one awesome picture, Paul! Always loved that Blue Owl/Royal Blue Fireworks suit!

Re: FACEBOOK THIEVES

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:51 pm

I'm not disagreeing with anyone here. It is a shame that proper rights are not always given. But being realistic it's like holding a glass of sea water from the pacific and calling it an ocean. It's never going to happen.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: FACEBOOK THIEVES

Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:58 pm

Frankie and Johnny was a United Artists movie, not MGM :shock: :D
image.jpg

Re: FACEBOOK THIEVES

Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:26 pm

MGM Now own it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Artists

Re: FACEBOOK THIEVES

Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:36 pm

ArtyMorty wrote:MGM Now own it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Artists

I'm aware of that, so Elvis recorded for Sony ?
:smt003

Re: FACEBOOK THIEVES

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:28 am

The whole point of this thread is to give credit where it is due. Hence the MGM logo. Elvis sings for Sony BMG now. RCA before that and Sun Records before that. What's your point?


IGOR
Dr Frankenstein?

FREDDY
Fron kon steen!

IGOR
You're putting me on?

FREDDY
No, it's pronounced Fron kon steen.

IGOR
do you also say Fro dereck?

FREDDY
No, Fred ereck.

IGOR
Why isn't it Frodereck Fronkon steen?

FREDDY
It's not. It's Fredereck Fronkonsteen.

IGOR
I see.

FREDDY
You must be Igor.

IGOR
No, it's pronounced Eye gor.

FREDDY
But they told me it was Igor.

IGOR
Well, they were wrong then, weren't they !

Re: FACEBOOK THIEVES

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:16 am

No point at all, but Elvis sings for Sony now , how's he do that?
Regardless of who owns them now, Frankie and Johnny was a Untied Artist picture and Elvis recorded for RCA (at the time).
Frankie and Johnny might now be owned by MGM but it wasn't a MGM movie, Elvis recorded for RCA at the time and never recorded for Sony, even though they own the catalogue now.
Lighten up :wtf:

Re: FACEBOOK THIEVES

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:19 am

Young Frankenstein isn't light enough for you.?

Re: FACEBOOK THIEVES

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:38 am

Here you go...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: FACEBOOK THIEVES

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:34 am

:smt007 ::rocks :smt007