Off Topic Messages

Ali - Tyson - 2013 candids

Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:23 pm

A couple of great shots from when Mike paid a visit to Muhammad a few months back.

Ali-Tyson 2013.jpg

Ali-Tyson 2013 (2).jpg

"Every head must bow and every tongue must confess… he’s the greatest fighter God has ever created."
- Mike Tyson
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by elvisalisellers on Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Ali - Tyson - 2013 candids

Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:45 pm

Great photos.
Last edited by Bodie on Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:01 pm

The Greatest. And the one who could have been the Greatest.

Nice pics!

Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:36 pm

Very Nice to see this...Thanks for posting it

Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:41 pm

Fairchild1171 wrote:Very nice. I have heard folks say in their primes, Tyson would have whipped Ali...I disagree...You can't beat someone you can't hit and Ali in his prime had the best defense of anyone in boxing history. He could also take body shots like no one else. Plus he could put you to leep just as quick as Tyson. Ali would have beaten Tyson to a pulp.

Ali would not have beaten a prime Tyson to a pulp, thats ridiculous.

The Ali/Frazier trilogy proves your theory wrong. Tyson was much better than Frazier.

Who would have won out of their two if they fought in their prime? No one can say. Two great Champions, two different eras.

Most experts rate Joe Louis as the greatest Heavyweight Champion of all time and i agree, with Ali second.

The greatest pound4pound boxer of all time was 'Sugar' Ray Robinson.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:43 pm

Here we go again :facep:

Been there done that ! viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74437&hilit=ali+tyson

Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:55 pm

jacob wrote:Here we go again :facep:

Been there done that ! viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74437&hilit=ali+tyson

Hey, i didn't start the 'who would have beaten who' debate but i put up my 2 cents worth and will leave it at that. :wink:

Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:14 pm

Without getting too involved again the prime Tyson was ,perhaps ,just as quick as Ali,puched harder and was extremly hard to hit clean.People think of Tyson was just a slugger,look him up on YouTube his defense in his prime (When he was with Kevin Rooney)was second to none.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:31 pm

I agree that one was the Greatest who reached his full potential while the other, through outside circumstances,didn't realise his.
Who would have won? Who knows? As for Sugar Ray Robinson even Ali says he was the Greatest and I tend to go along with that as well.He was unbeaten in his amatuer career (85-0 69 kos) and then didn't suffer his first defeat until he was 40-0 as a pro against Jake LaMotta a defeat he avenged 3 weeks later,he didn't lose again until he had another 91 fights!
He's universally reconized as the greatest of all time but funnily enough he didn't like boxing :facep:

Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:53 pm

Bodie wrote:
Fairchild1171 wrote:Very nice. I have heard folks say in their primes, Tyson would have whipped Ali...I disagree...You can't beat someone you can't hit and Ali in his prime had the best defense of anyone in boxing history. He could also take body shots like no one else. Plus he could put you to leep just as quick as Tyson. Ali would have beaten Tyson to a pulp.

It is no more ridiculous than you saying that both Mike Tyson and Joe Louis would have knocked out Muhammad Ali.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:29 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:
Bodie wrote:

It is no more ridiculous than you saying that both Mike Tyson and Joe Louis would have knocked out Muhammad Ali.

I didn't say that they would have done, i said that its possible they could have.

Don't start a argument with me, i acknowledged you put up two great photos and as a member said, let's agree to disagree with what would happen.

Tyson, Ali and Louis are three great fighters who dominated their own eras.

Its not important who would have beaten who anyway.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:54 pm

Nice images. Thank you for posting.

Does anyone here know the status of Ali's health? I remember back in February his estranged brother Rahman said that Ali could die in "months" or "days." Ali's family responded with a picture of Ali watching the Super Bowl.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:21 pm

InheritTheWind wrote:Nice images. Thank you for posting.

Does anyone here know the status of Ali's health? I remember back in February his estranged brother Rahman said that Ali could die in "months" or "days." Ali's family responded with a picture of Ali watching the Super Bowl.

Well the photos from the topic were from a few months so Ali seems to be doing ok.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:38 pm

Bodie wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:
Bodie wrote:

I didn't say that they would have done...

Who else has access to your account? > viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76889&hilit=stern#p1172459

Bodie wrote:Tyson is not my hero.

Joe Louis achieved more successful Heavyweight defences than Ali or any other Heavyweight did.

If Ali was that great he would have easily beaten Frazier and Norton and both those fighters beat Ali and in their other fights with him it was a very close decision.

Louis was a much better boxer and harder puncher than both Frazier and Norton.

Louis would have knocked out Ali.

End of story.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:42 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:
Bodie wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:
Bodie wrote:

Who else has access to your account? > viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76889&hilit=stern#p1172459

Joe Louis achieved more successful Heavyweight defences than Ali or any other Heavyweight did.

If Ali was that great he would have easily beaten Frazier and Norton and both those fighters beat Ali and in their other fights with him it was a very close decision.

End of story

I was only joking when i wrote that just to wind you up and it worked. :lol:

How sad that you have to go and find my old posts. :roll: I bet you jumped for joy when you found that quote of mine. :smt005

Do yourself a favour and don't take what i say about 'who would beat who' seriously.

Go and have a cup of tea.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:45 pm

Great photo's!!

Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:49 pm

InheritTheWind wrote:Nice images. Thank you for posting.

As far as I am aware, he is doing fine.

It is the hideous nature of Parkinson's as one of the more ghastly and degenerative of diseases that Ali's condition can differ greatly from day to day.
However, his actual mental state, remains - thankfully - largely unaffected.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:51 pm

Bodie wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:
Bodie wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:
Bodie wrote:

End of story

I was only joking...

You have been found wanting once again and now try to squirm out of it like one sad loser.

Bodie wrote:Do yourself a favour and don't take what i say about 'who would beat who' seriously.

I'm not sure anyone on this board [bar possibly "TJ"] takes anything you write seriously.

Bodie wrote:Go and have a cup of tea.

Go seek help.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:19 pm

Nice to see you both getting on again :facep:
We'll never no who would have beaten who but things like this just goes to show how passionate we are about the sportsman we grew up with,so we don't need to argue because it's pointless,were never going to know the outcome and all we're doing is frustrating each other! At least we all agree Elvis was the Greatest-don't we?

Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:52 pm

Sonny Liston was a old man,nobody really knew his real age.I wouldn't class Tyson (cira 1985-8) as just a slugger,as I said his defence for a big man was amazing,he also used the ring well cutting it off rather than chasing and even Ali's trainer Angelo Dundee said he never saw combination puching like Tyson's.With Tyson people tend to look at the image of a knockout artist but if you look more closely he had good boxing skills as well.
Do you see what you started? :D

Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:03 am

The heavyweight division was much tougher when Frazier and Ali ruled. Both Ali and Frazier would have beaten Tyson imo. That being said, I like these pics of Mike and Ali and have gained more respect for Tyson over the years as a human being.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:16 am

Cool pic , thanks for posting

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:22 pm

jacob wrote:...Tyson was ,perhaps ,just as quick as Ali,puched harder...

All of Tyson's power and speed counted for nothing when he was in with the best of his era.

jacob wrote:Sonny Liston was a old man...

Go watch a few of Liston's fights [pre-Ali] and it should be clear as daylight what Ali achieved in his two fight demolition of him.

Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:43 am

elvisalisellers wrote:
Bodie wrote:Do yourself a favour and don't take what i say about 'who would beat who' seriously.

I'm not sure anyone on this board [bar possibly "TJ"] takes anything you write seriously.

Why am I being drawn into this? :lol:

Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:02 am

elvisalisellers wrote:
jacob wrote:...Tyson was ,perhaps ,just as quick as Ali,puched harder...

All of Tyson's power and speed counted for nothing when he was in with the best of his era.
jacob wrote:Sonny Liston was a old man...

Go watch a few of Liston's fights [pre-Ali] and it should be clear as daylight what Ali achieved in his two fight demolition of him.

IMO Liston quit on both occasions,in the first fight because he knew he was going to get beat and in the second I believe he took a dive for maybe more sinister reasons.
When Tyson was at his peak before the outside troubles got the better of him(1985-8) power and speed counted for at lot-it won him the fights!