Post here your Elvis' pictures

1969

Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:52 am

Image

Re: 1969

Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:15 am

Great shot!
One could suggest with his career status back on track and submitting this picture as evidence that Elvis was indeed the Alpha Male in 1969

Re: 1969

Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:04 pm

let me guess..........FACEBOOK! :D

Re: 1969

Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:09 pm

Not very well colorized.

BROWN1.JPG


25.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 1969

Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:59 pm

He was in phenomenal shape in 69!

Re: 1969

Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:01 pm

All legitimate observations but color (bad or good) doesn't lessen the power of the image here. Least not to me.

Funny sidenote, a friend of mine posted this exact picture (the black and white one) on Facebook last year. Some of his younger coworkers and relatives in their 20's usually have a dismissive condescending attitude towards any of his post about Elvis. But when they saw that picture they went berserk. The comments were like "Dammnnn" ... "Lord have mercy" ... "Gawd he was fine". They basically kept invoking the Lords name lol. The comments went on and on like that.

It's like all the technology these 20 somethings have at their fingertips and yet they apparently never stopped and really just stared at a picture of Elvis. So then when someone posts an image on a public forum like Facebook and it's right there in their face and they have to look at him, all of a sudden they're like 'hello'.
Just by the tone of their comments a lot of us were getting a kick out of the fact you could see the light bulb going off, they were making the connection on his sex appeal which jumps off the picture.

Hey I guess whatever brings 'em to the party. I secretly hoped if they liked his picture it would compel some of them to start doing research on the music next. Maybe not, but one can only hope.

Re: 1969

Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:08 pm

1Sixstring wrote:All legitimate observations but color (bad or good) doesn't lessen the power of the image here. Least not to me.

Funny sidenote, a friend of mine posted this exact picture (the black and white one) on Facebook last year. Some of his younger coworkers and relatives in their 20's usually have a dismissive condescending attitude towards any of his post about Elvis. But when they saw that picture they went berserk. The comments were like "Dammnnn" ... "Lord have mercy" ... "Gawd he was fine". They basically kept invoking the Lords name lol. The comments went on and on like that.

It's like all the technology these 20 somethings have at their fingertips and yet they apparently never stopped and really just stared at a picture of Elvis. So then when someone posts an image on a public forum like Facebook and it's right there in their face and they have to look at him, all of a sudden they're like 'hello'.
Just by the tone of their comments a lot of us were getting a kick out of the fact you could see the light bulb going off, they were making the connection on his sex appeal which jumps off the picture.

Hey I guess whatever brings 'em to the party. I secretly hoped if they liked his picture it would compel some of them to start doing research on the music next. Maybe not, but one can only hope.


Nice post and story, and it shows how the charisma of Elvis will continue, despite his being gone for so long.

I disagree about the photo posted above, though. The colourization is very poor, and one suspects the original negative is actually in true color.

Re: 1969

Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:25 pm

Was this guy 'in control' or what?
What a year 1969 was!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 1969

Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:23 am

Bob-Holland wrote:Was this guy 'in control' or what?
What a year 1969 was!

Image


I agree, Charlie Hodge has got it all together, as your photo clearly shows.

Re: 1969

Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:53 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Bob-Holland wrote:Was this guy 'in control' or what?
What a year 1969 was!

Image


I agree, Charlie Hodge has got it all together, as your photo clearly shows.



Apparently, so did Lamar. These lads look mighty serious, as if they're about to get into a street fight or a confrontation with a street gang.

Re: 1969

Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:35 am

is this photo when Elvis was on his way to Barbra Streisand concert in Vegas?!

Re: 1969

Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:42 am

yaso wrote:is this photo when Elvis was on his way to Barbra Streisand concert in Vegas?!


No.

Re: 1969

Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:13 am

Who else could look so cool wearing a suit coat with nothing under it?

Re: 1969

Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:18 am

Mister Mike wrote:Who else could look so cool wearing a suit coat with nothing under it?


Top 10 Hottest Korean Abs Stars?

2013_Woo_Chansung_Kang.JPG
The lists of "Chocolate Abs Stars" includes:
Actor Kwon Sang Woo, Singer Chansung, Actor Julien Kang


Please take your time seeing their Chocolate abs.
http://www.thepriders.com/2013/02/pics-top-10-hottest-korean-abs-stars.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 1969

Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:16 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mister Mike wrote:Who else could look so cool wearing a suit coat with nothing under it?


Top 10 Hottest Korean Abs Stars?

2013_Woo_Chansung_Kang.JPG
The lists of "Chocolate Abs Stars" includes:
Actor Kwon Sang Woo, Singer Chansung, Actor Julien Kang


Please take your time seeing their Chocolate abs.
http://www.thepriders.com/2013/02/pics-top-10-hottest-korean-abs-stars.html

We can't really tell since none of them is wearing a suit coat.... :? :smt002 (It's pretty safe to say that Rob would probably look good . :) )

Re: 1969

Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:57 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
yaso wrote:is this photo when Elvis was on his way to Barbra Streisand concert in Vegas?!


No.

Yes.

Allegedly right before or right after her closing show on July 28.

Re: 1969

Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:33 pm

egilj wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
yaso wrote:is this photo when Elvis was on his way to Barbra Streisand concert in Vegas?!


No.

Yes.

Allegedly right before or right after her closing show on July 28.


Streisand closed her 1969 International engagement on 7-30 (Wed).


International Counts+Averages 1969-1971.JPG


She acknowledged Presley during the show.


920301_Barbra An Actress Who Sings p115.JPG

920301_Barbra An Actress Who Sings p116.JPG

James Kimbrell, Barbra: An Actress Who Sings Vol. II (Boston: Branden Books, March 1, 1992)


Also note that Priscilla accompanied him, which is why the photos being discussed may not be from this date.


690730_w Priscilla at Streisand CS.JPG


Elvis also saw a Barbra set shortly after arriving in Las Vegas, which did not impress him much. After he finished his run at the International, he attended Nancy Sinatra's 7-29-1969 OS at the International with his wife.


690829_w Priscilla at Sinatra OS.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 1969

Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:14 pm

Those photos of Elvis and Priscilla are from 2 different nights. He has on a scarf in one photo and his hair is different. Plus, Priscilla is wearing different dresses, one with a much wider shouler strap.

I think the photo in which he's wearing a scarf may be from the night they attended Nancy Sinatra's opening night, on August 29th.
Last edited by DarrylMac on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: 1969

Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:16 pm

DarrylMac wrote:Those photos of Elvis and Priscilla are from 2 different nights. He has on a scarf in one photo and his hair is different. Plus, Priscilla is wearing different dresses, one with a much wider shouler strap.


Try reading my post again, with care.

One simple look at the text and photo credits might clear up your confusion.

Re: 1969

Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:21 pm

Ah yes - sorry Doc. You're right - one photo from Streisands show, one from Nancy's.

Well, technically, we were both right, but you know what I mean! :)

Re: 1969

Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:23 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
egilj wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
yaso wrote:is this photo when Elvis was on his way to Barbra Streisand concert in Vegas?!


No.

Yes.

Allegedly right before or right after her closing show on July 28.


Streisand closed her 1969 International engagement on 7-30 (Wed).


International Counts+Averages 1969-1971.JPG


She acknowledged Presley during the show.


920301_Barbra An Actress Who Sings p115.JPG

920301_Barbra An Actress Who Sings p116.JPG

James Kimbrell, Barbra: An Actress Who Sings Vol. II (Boston: Branden Books, March 1, 1992)


Also note that Priscilla accompanied him, which is why the photos being discussed may not be from this date.


690730_w Priscilla at Streisand CS.JPG


Elvis also saw a Barbra set shortly after arriving in Las Vegas, which did not impress him much. After he finished his run at the International, he attended Nancy Sinatra's 7-29-1969 OS at the International with his wife.


690829_w Priscilla at Sinatra OS.JPG

I was obviously wrong about the date, but I'm not fully convinced the occation wasn't the Streisand show. Lamar, Joe and Charlie are wearing ties and I just looked into a number of pics from this occation in the Files-book (which my orginally date was taken from) and his hair looks very much the same as pic with Priscilla in the showroom. Perhaps the pics were taken after the show, and Elvis had split with Priscilla for the evening. Just speculating, though.

Re: 1969

Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:10 pm

:arrow:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 1969

Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:14 pm

:facep: :sosorry:
Bob-Holland wrote:Was this guy 'in control' or what?
What a year 1969 was!

Re: 1969

Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:47 am

Referencing Doc's post of the International attendance figures, it is still amazing what a difference Elvis show was in terms of average crowds drawn. Tom Jones is close but overall Elvis is significantly way ahead of everyone else!

Of course we know why. :)

Re: 1969

Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:15 am

beemer865 wrote:Referencing Doc's post of the International attendance figures, it is still amazing what a difference Elvis show was in terms of average crowds drawn. Tom Jones is close but overall Elvis is significantly way ahead of everyone else!

Of course we know why. :)


One reason Presley's figures are so much bigger is he could sell out 2 shows a night. Most of the other acts could only do 1 show an evening, and they weren't usually sell outs.