Off Topic Messages

Re: Are you getting as tired of Miley Cyrus as I am?

Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:01 pm

I suppose you could use the argument that it's generational, but myself I just am feeling general disinterest. I'm open that I'm not really into much music from the last thirty years or so, but I can hear talent-even in a genre (modern top 40) I don't like. With Miley there is nothing to hear, and nothing really to see. I am just surprised MTV has any clout anymore. I mean TEEN MOM!

Re: Are you getting as tired of Miley Cyrus as I am?

Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:15 pm

She was quite in good in Two And A Half Men, but apart from that, the fact that Billy Ray is her dad, and the pictures I've seen of her at the awards.. I don't know anything about her..

Re: Are you getting as tired of Miley Cyrus as I am?

Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:38 pm

Ok, ok. So she did rude things on stage. It's the video music awards; EVERY YEAR someone does something controversial on stage at the VMA's, it's par for the course. If people are shocked or appalled by it, and are talking about it on here, then her performance did exactly what it was intended to do. Did I like it or think it was good? No. But I'm a nearly 40 year old man, not the 18 year olds that this was meant to appeal to - I'm not meant to like it. Few of us on these boards are meant to like it. If we're not jumping up and down ranting about how bad it was, then she hasn't done her job properly. But am I shocked and appalled by a woman in a two-piece flesh-coloured outfit with her tongue hanging out like a cow on a sunny day? No, not really. I think it's a bit silly and misjudged, but who cares?

Look, she's twenty years old and she's acting in the way she thinks adult entertainers are meant to act. There is a very thin line between acting like an adult when you're 20 and looking like a d*ck. And each and every one of us probably crossed that line at some point. Not in front of millions of people, admittedly, but we still did it.

Re: Are you getting as tired of Miley Cyrus as I am?

Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:12 pm

Guys...why so serious *grins*

Re: Are you getting as tired of Miley Cyrus as I am?

Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:15 am

I can't stand her... but I'm a big fan of her dad's musical career. He has recorded a lot of great stuff in my opinion.

Re: Are you getting as tired of Miley Cyrus as I am?

Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:41 pm

While Yahoo News is not known for its great journalistic quality, this article is actually rather a good comment piece:

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/miley-cyrus--raunchy-mtv-vmas-performance-with-robin-thicke--was-it-really-so-shocking--100831153.html

Re: Are you getting as tired of Miley Cyrus as I am?

Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:22 pm

poormadpeter wrote:While Yahoo News is not known for its great journalistic quality, this article is actually rather a good comment piece:

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/miley-cyrus--raunchy-mtv-vmas-performance-with-robin-thicke--was-it-really-so-shocking--100831153.html


Her performance wasn't shocking cause nobody can be shocked by anything these days.

It was embarrassing, bad, awful, tacky, pathetic, cringe-worthy and a cheap-shot to make headlines.

Robin Thicke who is on stage with her should have known better than to have anything to do with that fiasco.

He is 36, married and a Father and from watching his performance with 20-year old Miley Cyrus he certainly lives up to his surname.
Last edited by Bodie on Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Are you getting as tired of Miley Cyrus as I am?

Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:36 pm

God, I hate souless "music".

Re: Are you getting as tired of Miley Cyrus as I am?

Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:02 am

Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:While Yahoo News is not known for its great journalistic quality, this article is actually rather a good comment piece:

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/miley-cyrus--raunchy-mtv-vmas-performance-with-robin-thicke--was-it-really-so-shocking--100831153.html


Her performance wasn't shocking cause nobody can be shocked by anything these days.

It was embarrassing, bad, awful, tacky, pathetic, cringe-worthy and a cheap-shot to make headlines.

Robin Thicke who is on stage with her should have known better than to have anything to do with that fiasco.

He is 36, married and a Father and from watching his performance with 20-year old Miley Cyrus he certainly lives up to his surname.


You're not judgemental, then?

Re: Are you getting as tired of Miley Cyrus as I am?

Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:07 am

Lovely
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Are you getting as tired of Miley Cyrus as I am?

Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:54 pm

Image

Re: Are you getting as tired of Miley Cyrus as I am?

Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:25 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:While Yahoo News is not known for its great journalistic quality, this article is actually rather a good comment piece:

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/miley-cyrus--raunchy-mtv-vmas-performance-with-robin-thicke--was-it-really-so-shocking--100831153.html


Her performance wasn't shocking cause nobody can be shocked by anything these days.

It was embarrassing, bad, awful, tacky, pathetic, cringe-worthy and a cheap-shot to make headlines.

Robin Thicke who is on stage with her should have known better than to have anything to do with that fiasco.

He is 36, married and a Father and from watching his performance with 20-year old Miley Cyrus he certainly lives up to his surname.


You're not judgemental, then?


Superb response. :roll:

Re: Are you getting as tired of Miley Cyrus as I am?

Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:49 pm

I am not interested in Miley Cyrus' career or music. So I have no comment.

rlj

Re: Are you getting as tired of Miley Cyrus as I am?

Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:37 pm

Image

Re: Are you getting as tired of Miley Cyrus as I am?

Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:45 am

Who started this stupid twerking crap?No talent rap artists?Its so stupid.
This is when she was best.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PPNpKQ_-Nk

Re: Are you getting as tired of Miley Cyrus as I am?

Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:12 am

ritchie valens wrote:Who started this stupid twerking crap?No talent rap artists?Its so stupid.
This is when she was best.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PPNpKQ_-Nk

What she was doing back then was fine for being a 15/16 year old pop star. Wouldn't it be nice for a change if former teen stars tried to prove how grown up they are by doing music with a little more depth and maturity, than taking off their clothes and acting like a porn star?

Re: Are you getting as tired of Miley Cyrus as I am?

Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:41 pm

Lonely Summer wrote:
ritchie valens wrote:Who started this stupid twerking crap?No talent rap artists?Its so stupid.
This is when she was best.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PPNpKQ_-Nk

What she was doing back then was fine for being a 15/16 year old pop star. Wouldn't it be nice for a change if former teen stars tried to prove how grown up they are by doing music with a little more depth and maturity, than taking off their clothes and acting like a porn star?

To make better music they have to take more of the correct drugs.

Re: Are you getting as tired of Miley Cyrus as I am?

Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:32 am

Should go back to this style her voice is better for songs like this. Fyi Dolly Parton is her Godmother.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOwblaKmyVw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqD8fJzmIGY

Re: Are you getting as tired of Miley Cyrus as I am?

Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:05 am

ritchie valens wrote:Should go back to this style her voice is better for songs like this. Fyi Dolly Parton is her Godmother.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOwblaKmyVw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqD8fJzmIGY

I would be a fan if she recorded stuff like that now. She's not even the same person now.

Re: Are you getting as tired of Miley Cyrus as I am?

Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:39 pm

.
Last edited by SUN-RCA on Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Are you getting as tired of Miley Cyrus as I am?

Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:28 pm

I like her, and she has put out some good tunes that i like, i would love to get all up in that anytime, but hey she is still young and is still trying to find herself, and there are alot of other Celebrities in the past and present that have done alot more wilder performances, so I say yum yum yummy :smt118


ONE MORE TIME, I have always liked Billy Ray :)

lovin' EP wrote:Miley's dad had a phenomenal hit with "Achy Breaky Heart." So I just thought I'd post this. It's really quite a cute song and Billy Ray looks good!

phpBB [video]

Re: Are you getting as tired of Miley Cyrus as I am?

Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:15 am

Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:While Yahoo News is not known for its great journalistic quality, this article is actually rather a good comment piece:

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/miley-cyrus--raunchy-mtv-vmas-performance-with-robin-thicke--was-it-really-so-shocking--100831153.html


Her performance wasn't shocking cause nobody can be shocked by anything these days.

It was embarrassing, bad, awful, tacky, pathetic, cringe-worthy and a cheap-shot to make headlines.

Robin Thicke who is on stage with her should have known better than to have anything to do with that fiasco.

He is 36, married and a Father and from watching his performance with 20-year old Miley Cyrus he certainly lives up to his surname.

So true. I didn't expect her to be a great artist, but she isn't even a looker.

Re: Are you getting as tired of Miley Cyrus as I am?

Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:40 pm

This is what the crew of The Starship Enterprise thinks of it.

http://youtu.be/k6Lb3kFwJRQ

Re: Are you getting as tired of Miley Cyrus as I am?

Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:55 am

That was Funny Bodie, thanks.

phpBB [video]

Re: Are you getting as tired of Miley Cyrus as I am?

Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:11 am

Colonel Parker said one time...No such thing as bad publicity!!! One thing for sure, is it got people talking...just like the staged...yes..."staged" Kanye West and Taylor Swift drama a few years back.

These artist all have PR teams and they know exactly what to do and how to do it, to get people talking the next day and it works. All it is, is WWF for music.