Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:24 pm

I'm hoping that the "remaining Memphis stuff" question is answered before 2013 runs out so that everyone (including me) can sleep better at night. I really don't have a preference as to how it's done. Just DO it!

Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:22 am

with less than 2 week till September one has to wonder just when it will be 'announced'??? :|

Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:51 am

I thought the speculation was that all of this would be announced during EW this year..... it would be nice if they popped a surprise on us

JEFF d
EP fan

Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:05 am

JEFF d wrote:It would be nice if they popped a surprise on us

What do you expect ...an EIC Blu-Ray/DVD package ?

Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:48 am

TCB-FAN wrote:
JEFF d wrote:It would be nice if they popped a surprise on us

What do you expect ...an EIC Blu-Ray/DVD package ?

No! lol .... how about Lake Tahoe 71 soundboard! :lol:

JEFF d
EP fan

Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:17 pm

Still no tracklists available?

Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:16 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:Still no tracklists available?

i would bet that announcement will now be a) late and
b) delayed!~
:?

Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:03 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

There is no trackinglist yet because Mr. Ernst Jorgensen is on vacation after his hard work done on Elvis At Stax during the Elvis Week :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:22 pm

YDKM wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:Still no tracklists available?

i would bet that announcement will now be a) late and
b) delayed!~
:?

No rush here. We gots plenty already.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:38 pm

I have to agree with that. I don't care if they are delayed or not. I have several CDs on the shelf now that I haven't heard because I don't have the time.

I'm going to enjoy the hell out of my retirement someday.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:27 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Blue River wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:
Tornado wrote:After Moody Blue and G.I. Blues Volume 2, I would vote for a third and final release from the Memphis Sessions.

There is a chance that those remaining Memphis tracks will be included on extended Camden releases of: Let's Be Friends and Almost In Love 8).

I seriously doubt that, Mike. If I were a betting man I'd put my money on an FTD set consisting of the remaining 1969 Memphis American Sound sessions along with the Change Of Habit songs/sessions (with "Rubberneckin" being the common link). :smt045

I would love to have this third Memphis album with a cool title and cover like they did with: Memphis Tennessee, Guitar Man and Standing Room Only 8). But on the other hand, I would also like to have all those Camden releases in extended versions and by this way they could include some of the studio and movie outtakes that were left out from the Classic Albums series :smt007. Bye for now :smt006.

What I called a third Memphis sessions FTD in my mind should only focus on the Memphis sessions. I see a title like: "Elvis Sings Kentucky Rain and other hirts" . As for the Camden series some if not all have been put on the market at a cheap price and that's enough for me. On the other hand, FTD will have to come out with a solution for the "small" movie sessions of the late 60's. I would favor this option and let the Camdens where they belong. FTD could regroup on a double cd set: Live A Little Love A Little, The Trouble With Girls (maybe this one could even be a single on its own), Charro, Change Of Habit. The problem is with Speedway: not a very long session too but it could be done as a single cd too on FTD, including the bonus tracks outtakes. Still the real gem for me would be to find the session tapes of Roustabout. That would be fantastic!

Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:10 pm

ritchie valens wrote:We need the rest of The American sound sessions instead of a boring 76-77 soundboard.

Totally agree here!

Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:13 pm

Rob wrote:I have to agree with that. I don't care if they are delayed or not. I have several CDs on the shelf now that I haven't heard because I don't have the time.

I'm going to enjoy the hell out of my retirement someday.

Same here, I have I think a dozen FTD releases plus the Stax boxset still sealed.

If FTD shuts down I'm covered for at least two years.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:28 pm

The 3rd FTD in september will be a soundboard, bet your house on it!!!! Or another LP FTD.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:11 pm

Isnt there still a rehearsal tape from Don Lance yet to be released??

Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:58 pm

Patrick68 wrote:The 3rd FTD in september will be a soundboard, bet your house on it!!!! Or another LP FTD.

for sure but hope it belongs to a gig not covered yet:

sept/nov 70
LT/Vegas 71
Nov 72
april/june 73
july 75
march 76

....to name a few

Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:47 am

Moonchild wrote:Isnt there still a rehearsal tape from Don Lance yet to be released??

Yes, I think that is correct.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:05 am

All the unedited takes of Moody blue no edits no fades no putting session chatter out of order.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:39 am

ale wrote:
Patrick68 wrote:The 3rd FTD in september will be a soundboard, bet your house on it!!!! Or another LP FTD.

for sure but hope it belongs to a gig not covered yet:

sept/nov 70
LT/Vegas 71
Nov 72
april/june 73
july 75
march 76

....to name a few

yeah and what about the great tour Aug/Sept 1976 that FTD have not covered!~ :smt002 :? :wink: :|

Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:51 am

Still very curious about the tracklists of "G.I. Blues Vol. 2", "Moody Blue" and the announcement of the third release.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:13 am

As am I. Hopefully, we'll hear something within the next week or so.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:25 am

We'll probably hear the releases will be delayed, as usual

Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:43 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:We'll probably hear the releases will be delayed, as usual

Instead of coming up with a release date the FTD team don't usually meet, can't they just say, "The next batch of FTD releases will be out when they're all ready." That would stop some of the disappointment/frustration among fans (when they learn the FTDs are yet again delayed) and the anticipation might even... turn out to be a good thing.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:56 pm

ritchie valens wrote:All the unedited takes of Moody blue no edits no fades no putting session chatter out of order.

There is no way we will get all takes of songs like Moody blue and She thinks I still care.....after MB FTD release there will still be many exclusive takes only available on Venus bootlegs.
Since there was so few takes of songs like Its easy for you and Way down we will most likely get the complete sessions for them.....I really hope and think that.
As much complete october sessions as possible would be great.
I dont think FTD has put studio chatter out of order on their releases........only main label has done that...........I think :?:

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:38 pm

Unfortunately there'll also be a lot of censorship on that one... but regardless of that I am really looking forward to the FTD Classic Albums treatment of one of my favorite Elvis albums.