Off Topic Messages

Are you getting as tired of Miley Cyrus as I am?

Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:44 am

This "picture" is from the awards show a couple of nights ago. This girl is losing it.

s-MILEY-CYRUS-97x75.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Are you getting as tired of Miley Cyrus as I am?

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:55 am

Amazing how that twerking dance has taken off. Do girls/women really not understand what it makes them look like when they do it?

Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:57 pm

I'm not tired of her because I pay zero attention to her.

But that's just me.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:45 pm

Ignore her if you don't like her.
If I had not read about it here I would not have known about this.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:56 pm

I'm mostly tired of Taylor swift!
Last edited by yaso on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:50 pm

What Miley Cyrus is trying to do is make the transition from teen Disney star to grown up singing star.

She like a lot of former teen stars will try to do this by doing some very sexual things to change her imagine.

I don't know why so many of them think that sexing up their imagine is the way to go.

Why not just come up with some really good mature songs aimed at grown ups and see if that works.

Miley Cyrus' attempt at making the transition to a grown up star will fail and she will fade into oblivion rather soon.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:02 pm

Yes, I know that's all they know.

However Miley Cyrus and the other people that try to do this have managers and agents behind them telling them what to do.

I know Miley Cyrus stupidly is all for this but her manager should know that when former teen stars sexualize their image's in an attempt to become grown up stars it never works.

Miley Cyrus has actually been doing this type of stuff for the past couple of years but besides offending a few people it has done nothing.

You would think managers and agents everywhere would have learned this by now and instead tried new approaches but they never do.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:13 pm

Miley's dad had a phenomenal hit with "Achy Breaky Heart." So I just thought I'd post this. It's really quite a cute song and Billy Ray looks good!

phpBB [video]

Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:15 pm

Miley Who ?

Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:19 pm

Miley Cyrus (Disney star), most notable as Hannah Montana. She's also the daughter of Billy Ray Cyrus of "Achy Breaky Heart" fame. (See the video I posted above of Billy Ray Cyrus singing "Achy Breaky Heart." I don't know if you seriously didn't know who Miley was, so excuse me if I missed your sarcasm! LOL

Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:19 pm

While Miley Cyrus's comeback has yet to reach UK shores, as far as I'm aware, it is quite amusing reading people moaning about people using sex to sell their records. You sound like parents of teenagers in 1956. What do you think Elvis was doing at the end of Hound Dog on Milton Berle? Sex sells - ask Theda Bara, Mae West, Elvis and Madonna.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:00 am

Close enough. :facep:

Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:20 am

poormadpeter wrote:While Miley Cyrus's comeback has yet to reach UK shores, as far as I'm aware, it is quite amusing reading people moaning about people using sex to sell their records. You sound like parents of teenagers in 1956. What do you think Elvis was doing at the end of Hound Dog on Milton Berle? Sex sells - ask Theda Bara, Mae West, Elvis and Madonna.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/942064/w ... id=1712596

Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:52 am

poormadpeter wrote:While Miley Cyrus's comeback has yet to reach UK shores, as far as I'm aware, it is quite amusing reading people moaning about people using sex to sell their records. You sound like parents of teenagers in 1956. What do you think Elvis was doing at the end of Hound Dog on Milton Berle? Sex sells - ask Theda Bara, Mae West, Elvis and Madonna.

It's not that it's Miley Cyrus attempts at becoming a grown up star won't work and are annoying.

Didn't you read what Inthehghetto said about the difference between using sex as part of your act or music and just getting on stage and shaking your ass.

Besides don't kid yourself what Miley Cyrus did was more intentionally vulgar than what Elvis or Mae West ever did.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:17 am

Elvis`performance on the Berle show was a classic rock & roll performance by our guy. The music was just as important as his shaking his ass. In Miley`s case no. Just my opinion.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:00 am

Joe Car wrote:Elvis`performance on the Berle show was a classic rock & roll performance by our guy. The music was just as important as his shaking his ass. In Miley`s case no.

Give me the good ol' Billy Ray days.

Miley, shake your ass.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:34 am

This is our modern world that the media has desensitised us to become. People are angry at each other, there is so much falseness. We are told how to think by the media, and some people follow blindly. Miley is just a product of these times.

I guess, what will happen in the far future, is that there will be intercourse at these shows - perhaps we'll go back to the era of the ancient Greeks. Nothing wrong with sex, though :D lol

I like to take a leaf from those from the Australian properties, from the bush. A spade is a spade, and they'll tell you, and everyone knows where they stand, as it should be. Generally speaking, there is warmth and care and if someone needs help, it will happen.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:40 am

I can only imagine if our English, (former long time poster Colin) had been in Robin Thicke`s spot. That I would pay to see!! lol

Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:52 am

Joe Car wrote:I can only imagine if our English, (former long time poster Colin) had been in Robin Thicke`s spot. That I would pay to see!! lol

Please do tell? :D

Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:15 am

I didn't know Miley had a twin!

1174803_10151742805466832_424780373_n.jpg

RKS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:46 am

I don't buy the argument that adults in 2013 are viewing pop culture the same way that adults in 1956 did. Madonna was simulating masturbation on stage 20 years ago. We've seen it all before. Those who thought her antics were over the top then, would probably feel the same way about Miley Cyrus now. Personally, I'd have been more surprised if Miley Cyrus came out and actually performed without trying to shock. It seems like the natural progression for female performers who find fame young is to take their clothes off in order to be taken seriously as an adult. It's boring and unoriginal. She'll now feel the pressure to upstage herself, which is a position that Lady Gaga is in - hence bizarre antics such as the recent naked video for her artist friend.

And what is that tongue thing all about? :lol:
Last edited by TJ on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:38 am

who the hell is miley cyrus??
again a teen singer that gets to much attention
and then they go out of the rails
like bieber and a few before them
they never learn
jan

Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:01 pm

I suppose you could use the argument that it's generational, but myself I just am feeling general disinterest. I'm open that I'm not really into much music from the last thirty years or so, but I can hear talent-even in a genre (modern top 40) I don't like. With Miley there is nothing to hear, and nothing really to see. I am just surprised MTV has any clout anymore. I mean TEEN MOM!

Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:15 pm

She was quite in good in Two And A Half Men, but apart from that, the fact that Billy Ray is her dad, and the pictures I've seen of her at the awards.. I don't know anything about her..

Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:38 pm

Ok, ok. So she did rude things on stage. It's the video music awards; EVERY YEAR someone does something controversial on stage at the VMA's, it's par for the course. If people are shocked or appalled by it, and are talking about it on here, then her performance did exactly what it was intended to do. Did I like it or think it was good? No. But I'm a nearly 40 year old man, not the 18 year olds that this was meant to appeal to - I'm not meant to like it. Few of us on these boards are meant to like it. If we're not jumping up and down ranting about how bad it was, then she hasn't done her job properly. But am I shocked and appalled by a woman in a two-piece flesh-coloured outfit with her tongue hanging out like a cow on a sunny day? No, not really. I think it's a bit silly and misjudged, but who cares?

Look, she's twenty years old and she's acting in the way she thinks adult entertainers are meant to act. There is a very thin line between acting like an adult when you're 20 and looking like a d*ck. And each and every one of us probably crossed that line at some point. Not in front of millions of people, admittedly, but we still did it.