Off Topic Messages

Not sure who watches Breaking Bad, but this is good.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:20 am

http://youtu.be/8UUD3zyu7Ek

Re: Not sure who watches Breaking Bad, but this is good.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:34 am

Just finished watching season 4 tonight! Starting with 5th and final season tommorrow. Wow, what a great series this is! Go Heisenberg!

Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:39 am

Lexie1973 wrote:Just finished watching season 4 tonight! Starting with 5th and final season tommorrow. Wow, what a great series this is! Go Heisenberg!

There are some great shows on TV, but Breaking Bad is phenomenal!!

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:52 am

Watched the first season could not get in to it :oops:

Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:12 am

rocknroller wrote:Watched the first season could not get in to it :oops:

I know what you mean. At some points in the beginning I also had some minor trouble staying interested. But once you do get into it.... Wow! Even my wife, usually not into movies or tv shows, is watching this one with me from the start! It is she who is persuading me late at night to watch another episode, and another and another......etc etc!!

Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:40 pm

Lexie1973 wrote:

I know what you mean. At some points in the beginning I also had some minor trouble staying interested. But once you do get into it.... Wow! Even my wife, usually not into movies or tv shows, is watching this one with me from the start! It is she who is persuading me late at night to watch another episode, and another and another......etc etc!!

Maybe i will try and watch season 2 in the hope that it does something for me ! some of my friends love the show !!!

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 pm

Took me until season 3 to be really hooked but once there it is without doubt one of the real stand out shows in recent times.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:19 pm

Easily one of the best TV Shows I've ever watched.. And I've watched a lot!

Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:34 am

KevinK wrote:Easily one of the best TV Shows I've ever watched.. And I've watched a lot!

Since I'm going to be done soon with the final season, do you have recommendations of other good shows?

Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:43 am

rocknroller wrote:
Lexie1973 wrote:

Maybe i will try and watch season 2 in the hope that it does something for me ! some of my friends love the show !!!

Stay with it, it gets better and better!

Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:16 am

Joe Car wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
Lexie1973 wrote:

Stay with it, it gets better and better!

cheers joe will do !!!

Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:03 am

I do!!!! And it's my favourite television show so far - the powerful performances by the main actors are outstanding!

Each new episode leaves me with my mouth wide open and speechless. This is unbelievable.

So sad to know there are only five episodes left... :cry:

Can't wait to start and watch it all over again.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:18 pm

Lexie1973 wrote:
KevinK wrote:Easily one of the best TV Shows I've ever watched.. And I've watched a lot!

Since I'm going to be done soon with the final season, do you have recommendations of other good shows?

Game of Thrones, The Shield, Spartacus, True Blood, The Wire, all great shows imo

Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:37 pm

Eddie wrote:
Lexie1973 wrote:

Game of Thrones, The Shield, Spartacus, True Blood, The Wire, all great shows imo

I'll definitely second 'Game of Thrones'.
I couldn't get past season one of 'The Wire'.. but I know I'm in the minority there.

The one I recommend straight away to people is 'Six Feet Under'. It's captivating from the start, has amazing acting, brilliant characters, and is genuinely one that I hated to see end. If you haven't watched that, I'd start there.

'Ray Donovan' is in it's first season at the moment, and I'm enjoying that.

'Boardwalk Empire' just finished season 3. Steve Buscemi being a gangster as only Steve Buscemi can!

Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:45 pm

KevinK wrote:
Eddie wrote:
Lexie1973 wrote:

I couldn't get past season one of 'The Wire'.. but I know I'm in the minority there.

The one I recommend straight away to people is 'Six Feet Under'. It's captivating from the start, has amazing acting, brilliant characters, and is genuinely one that I hated to see end. If you haven't watched that, I'd start there.

'Boardwalk Empire' just finished season 3. Steve Buscemi being a gangster as only Steve Buscemi can!

Thx Kevin! I'm not into SF/fantasy so i'll start with Six Feet. Anybody here knows Falling Skies? A buddy of mine reccomends it...

Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:46 pm

Lexie1973 wrote:
KevinK wrote:
Eddie wrote:
Lexie1973 wrote:

Thx Kevin! I'm not into SF/fantasy so i'll start with Six Feet. Anybody here knows Falling Skies? A buddy of mine reccomends it...

The first season isn't that great but then it gets better in the second.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:02 pm

"Six Feet Under" is fantastic, as is "Dexter" (both feature Michael C. Hall).

And boy, those new episodes of "Breaking Bad" are awesome!!! Only four left... :cry:

Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:19 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:"Six Feet Under" is fantastic, as is "Dexter" (both feature Michael C. Hall).

And boy, those new episodes of "Breaking Bad" are awesome!!! Only four left... :cry:

I know.. I hate coming to the end of a great programme.
I'll just have to go back and watch it from the start again (I'm doing that with The Soprano's at the moment, I never really gave it much attention the first time around)

Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:03 am

Im the same, with the big fella sadly passing Ive given The Sopranos another whirl, enjoyed it much more this time around, though the first three episodes of the final season do still drag for me.
the first season of The Wire was the best, but the rest were still as good as anything else in the genre, perhaps with the exception of The Shield.
speaking of sci-fi, the recent remake of Battlestar Galactica is about as good tv science fiction has ever been imo

....and a huge nod to HBO show DEADWOOD. Awesome tv.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:55 pm

Still have to watch "The Sopranos" and "The Wire".

Only three episodes of "Breaking Bad" left... didn't have the chance yet to watch the fifth episode from Season 5.2 but really looking forward to it after work! :D

Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:16 pm

I cant do that week by week, prefer to wait on them all and then I'll have a full white wine/Breaking Bad evening.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:50 am

I have all available seasons of Breaking Bad on blu ray. I haven't even taken the shrinkwrap off them yet. I plan on starting the series this upcoming weekend. Im sure I won't be disappointed.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:17 pm

jak wrote:I have all available seasons of Breaking Bad on blu ray. I haven't even taken the shrinkwrap off them yet. I plan on starting the series this upcoming weekend. Im sure I won't be disappointed.

You won't be 8)

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:53 pm

KevinK wrote:
jak wrote:I have all available seasons of Breaking Bad on blu ray. I haven't even taken the shrinkwrap off them yet. I plan on starting the series this upcoming weekend. Im sure I won't be disappointed.

You won't be 8)

Im anxious to start it. I just had to finish off a few more series I was watching before starting this one.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:38 pm

Not sure who watched this weeks episode show last night but it was frickin incredible!!