This does not cut the mustard. Definitely not his best. Very "sing-songy."

rjm

Re: Proud mary-Johnny Cash

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:14 am

No Johnny no

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2 just to psiss moffringa off

Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:56 am

No, not his best. But let's remember this was part of a longer section, normally about travel or some aspect of manual work in the USA. It may well have worked better in situ than on its own.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:30 am

Does anybody have a COMPLETE list of ALL songs Johnny ever sang? :P

Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:17 am

I Guess no one does know.
Just recently a cd with an whole unknown record session was released on CD in England.
Not even Bear Family Records did find it in mid 90s when they released some cdboxes With Complete recorded songs.
I Guess no one knows.
Hundreds of tapes was discovered in the wall of Johnny Cash s studio after he passed away.
We just has to wait for what will be released on the great "Bootleg serie" that is being released on vinyl and cd. :smt003 :smt006

Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:54 am

svallen wrote:I Guess no one does know.
Just recently a cd with an whole unknown record session was released on CD in England.
Not even Bear Family Records did find it in mid 90s when they released some cdboxes With Complete recorded songs.
I Guess no one knows.
Hundreds of tapes was discovered in the wall of Johnny Cash s studio after he passed away.
We just has to wait for what will be released on the great "Bootleg serie" that is being released on vinyl and cd. :smt003 :smt006

Didn't even know about that one! :D What session was it, svallen?

And there's that CD released with the LIFE magazine book which also features unreleased cuts.

Yeah, can't wait for Volume 5 of the Bootleg series.

Do you think there'll probably be a Vol. VII for the American Recordings series?

With the tenth anniversary of his death coming Thursday I think there'll be some stuff to expect.
God, has it really been that long?

Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:38 pm

Here it is:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/I-Shall-Not-Be- ... cash+shall

This is a bootleg :shock:

:smt003 :smt006

Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:43 pm

svallen wrote:Here it is:

Pretty cool, thanks! At least a small connection to the Million Dollar Quartet! :D

I can't even recall right now if "I Shall Not Be Moved" was mentioned in the Richard Weize discography... have to check it out.

How is the sound quality?

Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:21 pm

It is good,out of 5 stars i give it 4.
Compared to the sound quality on cdboxes from bear Family records. :smt006

Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:29 pm

svallen wrote:Here it is:

It's not a bootleg, it's a public domain release. If the material is was first released over 50 years ago, then it is out of copyright in Europe. Also, as is the case here, if the material is 50 years old and hasn't been released at all, then it is also out of copyright.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:45 pm

You are right.

I hope they release more :smt003 :smt006

Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:46 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:
I Guess no one knows.

And there's that CD released with the LIFE magazine book which also features unreleased cuts.

Do you think there'll probably be a Vol. VII for the American Recordings series?

With the tenth anniversary of his death coming Thursday I think there'll be some stuff to expect.

The Life disc is a little bit of a dodgy sell - as far as I can make out, all tracks have been released before in some shape or form, although some were only on Bear family releases and so unreleased in America.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:43 pm

Hank Williams jr had a concert in detroit in 1969 At Cobo hall in Detroit.
Johnny Cash also was in/on that concert.
This concert was recorded with professional recording equipment since Hank jrs part was released on LP.
Maybe Johnnys part will be released in the future?

Song from Hank jr:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O8S61HA ... Xs0JMdnLP4
:smt006

Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:50 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:
I Guess no one knows.

The Life disc is a little bit of a dodgy sell - as far as I can make out, all tracks have been released before in some shape or form, although some were only on Bear family releases and so unreleased in America.

Thanks for the info, Peter. I checked it but couldn't figure it out in the first place as I already lost track of all of the stuff released.

Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:11 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:
I Guess no one knows.

Thanks for the info, Peter. I checked it but couldn't figure it out in the first place as I already lost track of all of the stuff released.

The official listing says tha Ben Dewberry's Final Run is unreleased, but this appeared on the Bear Family reissue of the children's album coupled with a June Carter Cash album, "It's all in the family". Movin' Up may well be unreleased after all - it was recorded in 1981 for The Pride of Jesse Hallum. It appears to be based on the song Orleans Parish Prison (or, at least the verse is).
phpBB [video]

Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:34 am

Become a member of the forum here,i Guess some of the Johnny Cash experts can answer Your questions:

http://johnnycash.groupee.net/eve/forums

:mrgreen: :smt006