Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Elvis At Stax: 40th Anniversary (3 CD)

Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:06 pm

I just love the outtake mixes, i feel I can hear all the insturments. I hope they would give same treatment to the masters.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:55 pm

Fabbe wrote:I just love the outtake mixes, i feel I can hear all the insturments. I hope they would give same treatment to the masters.

Weird, isn't it ?

If the producers were already in the know of remixing the out-takes, why not just remix the "Masters" as well !?!?

I still think, IMHO, it sounds great.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:42 pm

The outtakes sound fine, except Promised Land which sounds like echo has been applied in a rich manner. Otherwise a great release and a release that has a right to exist, despite my initial doubts.

Thanks for tho who made this release possible.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:55 pm

epf wrote:The outtakes sound fine, except Promised Land which sounds like echo has been applied in a rich manner. Otherwise a great release and a release that has a right to exist, despite my initial doubts.

The vinyl sounds SENSATIONAL –– the cowbell at the start of "Promised Land" –– never heard that before.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:43 am

I wish there was some way that I could remix the masters from first generation multi-track sources! Especially for the 1970s material.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:32 am

epf wrote:The outtakes sound fine, except Promised Land which sounds like echo has been applied in a rich manner. Otherwise a great release and a release that has a right to exist, despite my initial doubts.

yes i totally agree having played disc 1 again today and wow does 'IF YOU TALK IN YOUR SLEEP' sound nice instrument separation or what!~ :shock: :D

Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:39 am

paulsweeney wrote:Check out this well done review from Oven at the Elvis in Norway site

http://home.online.no/~ov-egela/elvisatstaxdeluxe.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link, Paul. And I have to say I absolutely agree with Oven's opinion.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:58 pm

Recently a promotional radiospecial was released, I found it on-line for those who want to listen to it, and tracks of the CD:

http://www.prx.org/pieces/101470-elvis-at-stax

There are more radio-shows for other, older Elvis-releases available too.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:20 am

K.C. wrote:Recently a promotional radiospecial was released, I found it on-line for those who want to listen to it, and tracks of the CD:

http://www.prx.org/pieces/101470-elvis-at-stax

There are more radio-shows for other, older Elvis-releases available too.

Thanks K.C. Just listened to it, fantastic.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:04 am

I own one of the original cds of the show .

Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:43 am

Fabbe wrote:I just love the outtake mixes, i feel I can hear all the insturments. I hope they would give same treatment to the masters.

Strange because I hear all the instruments in the other versions of these songs on the FTD releases.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:31 am

midnightx wrote:

Strange because I hear all the instruments in the other versions of these songs on the FTD releases.

Yes, but you hear more instruments in the new mixes, trust me, they're there, ya know, like, they're there, it weird ... like, uh, Strange.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:28 am

I really love the "Spectors-wall of sound" on most outtakes......"its midnight" beeing one of my favorites from this release :D

Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:00 pm

Just some of the outtakes and hearing Elvis laugh, seriously brings tears to my eyes. Mr. Songman is hitting me hard, it's a head shaker. I love that song!! ::rocks

Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:04 pm

I have been listening on Spotify, and just love this collection ... what great sound.

My 3-disc set just came in yesterday ... I ordered it from PopMarket - $24 shipped was a great deal!

Gonna let my daughter crack it open.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:19 pm

Received mine two days ago... been through all 3 CD's now. The masters sound fine to me... although the remixes from Promised Land 1999 are still my go to for those tracks.
The mixes on the outtakes sound great but take 5 of Promised Land is not good... I like the one on Platinum. It would have been nice to get the version of Promised Land with Elvis' harmony vocal but what can you do???
Still, a great set and nice to have these sessions together in one collection... I haven't purchased the 3 FTD's so this one is a great addition to my collection.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:47 pm

Great to see this set being promoted on Sydney TV as a "great gift for fathers' day" with an excerpt of I Got a Feeling In My Body playing plus a few pictures from the booklet being shown.