Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Dr Feelgood - Kings of UK R&B.

Tue May 14, 2013 4:13 pm

phpBB [video]

Great band who were at their best between 1974 and 1981. Lee Brilleaux had a great punky voice whilst guitarist Wilko Johnson was unique.

Re: Dr Feelgood - Kings of UK R&B.

Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:22 pm

yeah, they are great!! i like them too

Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:23 pm

Excellent. I only really like them when they were at their peak- between 1974 and 1981. Lee Brilleaux was a brilliant vocalist.
phpBB [video]

Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Two excellent box sets out at the moment:
'All Through the City' (4CDs) covering the Wilko years (1974 -1977)
'Taking No Prisoners (4CDs) post Wilko (1977 - 1987)

The bands gritty, hard-edged r&b sound is worth exploring for fans of the earlier Elvis sound. Wilko Johnson is currently playing farewell gigs as he has terminal cancer. I have read several interviews with him and have been impressed with his philosophical and stoical attitude towards his condition, as he has shown tremendous positivity when it would be easy to lapse into despair. In the face of death he is inspiringly life-affirming.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:39 pm

good band saw them live a couple of times

Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:11 pm

Martyn wrote:Two excellent box sets out at the moment:
'All Through the City' (4CDs) covering the Wilko years (1974 -1977)
'Taking No Prisoners (4CDs) post Wilko (1977 - 1987)

The bands gritty, hard-edged r&b sound is worth exploring for fans of the earlier Elvis sound. Wilko Johnson is currently playing farewell gigs as he has terminal cancer. I have read several interviews with him and have been impressed with his philosophical and stoical attitude towards his condition, as he has shown tremendous positivity when it would be easy to lapse into despair. In the face of death he is inspiringly life-affirming.

I have purchased both those box sets and am pleased with them both. The DVD footage is great too. Also worth seeing is "Oil City Confidential", the film about the band's early years.