Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Dylan : The Bootleg Series Vol 10

Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:58 am

Well, it's finally been announced with a release date too!
Bob Dylan's The Bootleg Series Vol. 10 Another Self Portrait (1969 - 1971)

Another Self Portrait.jpg

Read more: http://www.bobdylan.com/us#ixzz2aPn2muSj

For any UK fans who fancy the deluxe edition box set, sainsbury's is the cheapest I've seen at £64.99. Wonder if it's too early to be suggesting Xmas gifts!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Dylan : The Bootleg Series Vol 10

Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:05 am

Oh, it's not too early! Read about it in the notorious issue of Rolling Stone! Where it had an Elvis tidbit. (You'll have to read it to find out. It's not that big of a deal. ;) )

rjm

Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:54 am

Tracklist etc here:
http://www.classicpopicons.com/bob-dyla ... 1969-1971/

Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:56 am

I really would like to have the deluxe version, but these things are just not in my budget. Glad to see, though, that the 2 disc version includes 2 of the best Isle of Wight performances, I'll Be Your Baby Tonight and Highway 61.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:28 pm

Oh, I saw the trailer! Definitely getting the Deluxe! (Also, because of what I read in RS. You'll have to read it for yourself. ;) ) But it all looks just wonderful!

I hate to wait 'till Christmas, but it's kinda pricey. Something nice to wait for! :D

See this new song: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/bob-dylans-lost-1970-gem-pretty-saro-premiere-20130807?stop_mobi=yes

rjm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:55 pm

Just had an email from Sainsbury's to say 'Another Self Portrait: Bootleg Vol. 10 [Deluxe 4CD Edition]' has been deleted and is no longer available from the supplier (WTF!). I pre-ordered a month ago and it's not even released yet! Having to go with Amazon now for £10 more! It's going to be an Xpensive Xmas present.
Was I dreaming or did I read it was a purported 3CD set with a DVD of the Isle of Wight concert, as now it appears to be a 4 CD set with just the audio of the concert?

Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:31 pm

Just received the replacement disc 4 for this set. Nice to have as it should've been in the first place, so it's not just Elvis releases that can go wrong then... :wink:

Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:40 pm

It was never a 4-disc set. The third disc is the entire Isle of Wight concert. No DVD, no video of the concert, just the audio like any other concert album. The book is a hefty hardcover with glossy pages, very pictorial. For Dylan fans, worth every penny.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:50 pm

Richard--W wrote:It was never a 4-disc set. The third disc is the entire Isle of Wight concert. No DVD, no video of the concert, just the audio like any other concert album. The book is a hefty hardcover with glossy pages, very pictorial. For Dylan fans, worth every penny.

I was wrong about the DVD but the deluxe version is definitely a four disc set - CD 1 & 2 are the same as the standard double disc version, disc 3 is the I.O.W concert and disc 4 is the re-mastered 'Self Portrait' album, which had a mastering fault and I've just had replaced... I feel like I can enjoy it properly now at last!

Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:05 am

When In Rome wrote:
Richard--W wrote:It was never a 4-disc set. The third disc is the entire Isle of Wight concert. No DVD, no video of the concert, just the audio like any other concert album. The book is a hefty hardcover with glossy pages, very pictorial. For Dylan fans, worth every penny.

I was wrong about the DVD but the deluxe version is definitely a four disc set - CD 1 & 2 are the same as the standard double disc version, disc 3 is the I.O.W concert and disc 4 is the re-mastered 'Self Portrait' album, which had a mastering fault and I've just had replaced... I feel like I can enjoy it properly now at last!

Sony have replaced a disc with a mastering fault? There's hope for Elvis fans yet!

Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:04 pm

When In Rome wrote:

You're right, of course. It is a four-disc set with the fourth disc being the remastered Self Portrait album. Forgot about that, and I have it sitting here on the shelf. I wish now I had bought 3-disc limited edition set of Tell-Tale Signs (Bootleg Series #9) before it went out of print.

The Dylan organization leaked out that the Blood On the Tracks sessions are next in the Bootleg Series.

I wish they'd release a set on his 1965 concerts.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:18 am

Richard--W wrote:
When In Rome wrote:

You're right, of course. It is a four-disc set with the fourth disc being the remastered Self Portrait album. Forgot about that, and I have it sitting here on the shelf. I wish now I had bought 3-disc limited edition set of Tell-Tale Signs (Bootleg Series #9) before it went out of print.

The Dylan organization leaked out that the Blood On the Tracks sessions are next in the Bootleg Series.

I wish they'd release a set on his 1965 concerts.

We've already got a set of his 1966 concerts, a 65 set would probably be similar, and they've released several 60's era sets already. I would rather hear a cd from one of the gospel tours, or maybe the 78 tour - if they've got anything after Budokan.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:01 am

The 1965 acoustic tour of England sounds nothing like the 1966 tour. That's the whole point. The half-acoustic, half-electric tour of the USA in the latter half of 1965 has songs and arrangements that are different from 1966 and indicate how the sound is evolving, which is precisely what makes it interesting.

I saw a lot of the 1978 and 1979 tours and agree they'd make great releases, but I don't think it's in the cards.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:01 pm

I just picked up the Deluxe Edition of Tell Tale Signs for $110. Can't wait to have it in my hands.

Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:07 am

For anyone interested in the 3 disc Deluxe Edition of Tell Tale Signs there is currently one on eBay for $65. I just got a PM from the seller and if you're interested let me know and I can give you the condition report he gave me. PM me.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:29 am

The deluxe edition of 'Tell Tale Signs' is my second favourite of the Bootleg Series after Vol. 1-3. I spied it on the UK HMV site when they were an online store for a bargain price and would you believe it, it was nearly my birthday, so my wife stepped in! I'm so glad I did, I think the 3rd disc is just as relevant as the first two and I remember feeling excluded when the price was first revealed as I thought I couldn't justify that expense, so I refrained from buying the two disc version just in case the price ever dropped... (risky practise for limited editions!) and anyway it did! Hope you enjoy it!

Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:45 am

Speaking of which, I now have a 2 disc version available. If anyone wants it for free, let me know. First person who says, "I'll take it", gets it.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:53 pm

johngael wrote:Speaking of which, I now have a 2 disc version available. If anyone wants it for free, let me know. First person who says, "I'll take it", gets it.

That's very kind of you.

I have the set myself but I hope someone else sees this and takes you up on your generous offer,

Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:22 pm

johngael wrote:Speaking of which, I now have a 2 disc version available. If anyone wants it for free, let me know. First person who says, "I'll take it", gets it.

"Ill take it if its still available"
mobile reply

Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:46 am

keninlincs wrote:

mobile reply

Sorry! Already spoken for.

Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:38 am

johngael wrote:
keninlincs wrote:

mobile reply

Sorry! Already spoken for.

No problem , thanks
mobile reply