Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Eddie Cochran - Nervous Breakdown (alternate version)

Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:47 am

Very cool early outtake of one of Cochran's all time classics.

Peppered throughout by a playful sax [soon to be discarded from the master] and Eddie's trademark acoustic riffs, it's a track that comfortably belongs in the upper echelons of rock and roll music recorded in 1958.

Dig it!

phpBB [video]

Re: Eddie Cochran - Nervous Breakdown (alternate version)

Thu May 02, 2013 3:59 pm

Great! Not heard this version before. Thanks.

Fri May 03, 2013 6:05 am

One of the all-time great Eddie Cochran songs. Thanks for posting this version, hadn't heard it before. Have to say though that I still prefer the original released version.

phpBB [video]

Sun May 05, 2013 1:29 pm

Isn't it great how they are finding alternate versions, radio broadcasts, acetates on Eddie Cochran 5 decades after he left this world. Thanks for the YT video. Did you hear Eddie's recording of "Hearts of Stone" ?

Mon May 06, 2013 4:34 am

Robt wrote:Isn't it great how they are finding alternate versions, radio broadcasts, acetates on Eddie Cochran 5 decades after he left this world.

What's equally amazing is that he died so incredibly young and still has an eternal impact on rock and roll.

I always thought that it was George that played '20 Flight Rock' to get in The Beatles but in this clip Paul says he played it and impressed John enough to let him in the band.

phpBB [video]

Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:32 pm

"Nervous Breakdown" is an all-time classic.

It's a well known track among Cochran and fifties rock and roll enthusiasts, but I've always felt it's a bit underrated. To me, it stands shoulder to shoulder with all the other Cochran classics.

For you completists, here's yet another version by Eddie. Well, not really - it's the master version without the drums and handclaps overdubs added before release. This interesting cut was released a few years ago by the amazing Rockstar label, a must-go record imprint for anybody slightly interested in Eddie's legacy. Tony Barrett and Derek Glenister have been releasing rare Cochran stuff for more than 35 years now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXIkcsPt3Vg

Also, here's the lyrics of the song as hand-written by the man himself - second part of first sheet and entire second sheet :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.