Davide

Re: Jailhouse Rock beauty contest (updated) deleted scenes info

Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:18 pm

In the shooting schedule pages (from beautiful book "Inside JR" - Ger Rijff) there are dates printed, in the left side, and in the right side there are another dates, in pencil. From what i saw, i think the pencil dates are the right ones. For example, Whipping Post Scene 27 - Filmed May 22, 1957 (pencil), but the original date was May 21.
Image

But in Scene Garden Party (Judy Tyler and Elvis, MGM Studios, June 13, 1957), on shooting schedule have the dates: June 17 or June 10/11 (pencil).
Wardrobe photos have the date June 13.
Image

About the Jailhouse Rock sequence, we have the May 14 date in shooting schedule, but in Last Train To Memphis the date is May 13: "Principal shooting started the following Monday, May 13, and began with the dance sequence that Alex Romero had worked on with Elvis the previous week. The set was a skeletal scaffolding with barred doors suggesting cells on two levels. There was a fireman’s pole for the inmates on the upper level to slide down, and a cast of professional dancers was outlined in silhouette behind bars at the start of the number. "
What is the real date?
Image

I'm affraid i'm a little (more) confuse about shooting schedule pages, what are the correct dates? The ones in pencil? And, in some schedule pages there are two pencil dates for the same scene, this means the scene was filmed in two days?
(sorry for my english...)

Re: Jailhouse Rock beauty contest (updated) deleted scenes info

Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:34 pm

Great pics and info!

Re: Jailhouse Rock beauty contest (updated) deleted scenes info

Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:44 pm

Great stuff as usual Davide..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Jailhouse Rock beauty contest (updated) deleted scenes info

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:15 am

Image

Judy Tyler, 24-year-old actress who had just finished making ?Jailhouse Rock? opposite Elvis Presley, was killed in this auto collision, July 4, 1957 in Billy the Kid, Wyoming, July 4, 1957. A passing motorist is bending over her blanketed body on the right. Miss Tyler?s 19-year-old actor husband, Gregory, was fatally injured in the violent crash which also took the life of Donald D. Jones, 23, of Hanna, Wyoming. AP Photo

Davide

Re: Jailhouse Rock beauty contest (updated) deleted scenes info

Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:01 pm

This is an amazing thread. Thanks for posting some unseen (by me) pictures. Marvellous.

Re: Jailhouse Rock beauty contest (updated) deleted scenes info

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:37 am

Image

Poor poor judy. Only 21 days to live. We're so lucky that we don't know what fate lies ahead. She looks so damn joyous. :(

Re: Jailhouse Rock beauty contest (updated) deleted scenes

Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:45 am

wonder if there is or was an uncut print with all the extra scenes that were edited out?

Re: Jailhouse Rock beauty contest (updated) deleted scenes

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:13 am

Image
United Press Photo 5/18/57
'GIFT RAPT' HOLLYWOOD :
A dream comes true for polio patients Beth Currier (left) 14, and Elaine Brockway, 18, as they met Elvis Presley in Hollywood. Elaine, Paralyzed from the neck down, was taken from the Sister Kenny Memorial Hospital in El Monte, California to present Presley with a scrapbook she made despite her handicaps. Beth, confined to a wheelchair, gave the rock 'n' roll star a pair of good luck toy poodles made of yarn, as a gift for the start of his new film, "Jailhouse Rock."



Image
Singer Elvis Presley (right) meets polio victims Beth Currier, left, and Elaine Brockway in an unspecified location in California, May 17(friday),1957. Beth, 14, now confined to a wheelchair, presents Presley with a scrapbook, made mostly using her mouth. Elaine, 18, is paralyzed from the neck down.


Elvis Day By Day : Elvis wrote a note to the staff of the Cedars of Lebanon Hospital: "Dear Friends, I want you to know how very much I appreciate your very wonderful treatment while I was there. When I went in I was all shook up but I left loving you. Thanks a million. My best to all. Sincerely, Elvis Presley."

Image
Thursday May 16, 1957

Image
Thursday May 16, 1957

Image
Thursday May 16, 1957

Image
Saturday Newspaper clipping - May 18,1957

Davide

Re: Jailhouse Rock beauty contest (updated) deleted scenes

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:41 am

Some years ago I bought a collection of 120 shorthand notes (and a shooting schedule) made by Trude Forsher Elvis secretary while he was making Jailhouse Rock.
Two of the notes I have scanned for you mention Hospital and found in lungs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Jailhouse Rock beauty contest (updated) deleted scenes

Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:27 am

Thanks very much for the scan - it would be great to see more of the shooting schedule??


Davide
Last edited by davide on Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Jailhouse Rock beauty contest (updated) deleted scenes

Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:34 am

VEGAS74 wrote:Some years ago I bought a collection of 120 shorthand notes (and a shooting schedule) made by Trude Forsher Elvis secretary while he was making Jailhouse Rock.
Two of the notes I have scanned for you mention Hospital and found in lungs

Did you get these from her son, James Forsher?

About Dr. James Forsher
http://web.me.com/jforsher/Forsher_Consultancy/about_Dr._Forsher.html


I once went to his (former) Berkeley house on business and got to review tons of items in his collection, all from his mom's years working for Presley management. He had a screenplay he was trying to develop about his mom's Elvis story, from his perspective as a kid.

One of the highlights in Forsher's collection was seeing some of the phone messages for Elvis Trude took when he was at Paramount in early 1958 for "King Creole," including a couple from Sammy Davis, Jr.

Re: Jailhouse Rock beauty contest (updated) deleted scenes

Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:01 am

davide wrote:Thanks very much for the scan - it would be great to see more of the shooting schedule??

Image

Davide

The schedule is for three Jailhouse Rock scenes..wed 29 1957 plus other films for that day...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Jailhouse Rock beauty contest (updated) deleted scenes

Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:06 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
VEGAS74 wrote:Some years ago I bought a collection of 120 shorthand notes (and a shooting schedule) made by Trude Forsher Elvis secretary while he was making Jailhouse Rock.
Two of the notes I have scanned for you mention Hospital and found in lungs

Did you get these from her son, James Forsher?

About Dr. James Forsher
http://web.me.com/jforsher/Forsher_Consultancy/about_Dr._Forsher.html


I once went to his (former) Berkeley house on business and got to review tons of items in his collection, all from his mom's years working for Presley management. He had a screenplay he was trying to develop about his mom's Elvis story, from his perspective as a kid.

One of the highlights in Forsher's collection was seeing some of the phone messages for Elvis Trude took when he was at Paramount in early 1958 for "King Creole," including a couple from Sammy Davis, Jr.

Yes they are from her son (see cert)...also got the original printers plates used to make the promo,s for the film...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Jailhouse Rock beauty contest (updated) deleted scenes

Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:15 am

Man, you must have money to burn!

Re: Jailhouse Rock beauty contest (updated) deleted scenes

Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:38 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Man, you must have money to burn!

man I wish!.....I still have to sweat blood to pay for my stuff just like the next fan! sometimes its just a matter of being at the right place at the right time....also I dont smoke.....dont drink.....dont eat!....just breath Elvis that keeps me goin

Re: Jailhouse Rock beauty contest (updated) deleted scenes

Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:43 am

VEGAS74 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Man, you must have money to burn!

man I wish!.....I still have to sweat blood to pay for my stuff just like the next fan! sometimes its just a matter of being at the right place at the right time....also I dont smoke.....dont drink.....dont eat!....just breath Elvis that keeps me goin

Well, right on!

::rocks


Question: do you have any 1954-55 Sun acetates?

Re: Jailhouse Rock beauty contest (updated) deleted scenes

Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:22 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
VEGAS74 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Man, you must have money to burn!

man I wish!.....I still have to sweat blood to pay for my stuff just like the next fan! sometimes its just a matter of being at the right place at the right time....also I dont smoke.....dont drink.....dont eat!....just breath Elvis that keeps me goin

Well, right on!

::rocks


Question: do you have any 1954-55 Sun acetates?

Do I have any Sun acetates....mmm let me see?
....the nearest (and the longest!) to any Sun record that early would be my "pen" that Jim Curtin sold in his auction...(what the "F" I here you say!)
it was used by Elvis to signe two Sun "sample" records (45 and 78)
Does that count Doc?

(guess not!... but was worth a try)

(...I was in the Hilton around that time so not far from them does that cou..........never mind)

sorry to go off topic Davide.....just a bit a fun. I can scan the promo print plates for you if you want.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.