Off Topic Messages

The Zimmerman verdict

Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:53 am

What happened to the thread about the Zimmerman verdict?

Half the world is talking about this. Most busy forums probably have a thread about it if they have an off topic section. Why do controversial topics so often end up being deleted here?

Re: The Zimmerman verdict

Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:09 am

You mean Scott's "Hernandez" thread, or whatever he said? I don't recall another. No one has started a serious topic, far as I know. I think people are fatigued by now, because they're so wrung out. It burst into 'net flames (not real ones), and I think many people are kinda worn. But maybe resting. It will not go away. I think there are many who just need some time . . . ya know? I don't think anyone here feels like getting into it, really. I'm glad I can come here and talk about music. And drift away . . .

I don't mean it shouldn't be discussed if people want to. Just doesn't seem like they want to. It's just that some people are worn out for a while. And they wanna get lost in (the) rock and roll and . . .

phpBB [video]

rjm

Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:35 am

Yes, that's the one I meant. Perhaps the bizarre title alone meant the thread was on borrowed time from the start.

Or maybe someone said something that was deemed inappropriate? That's often enough to get a topic zapped.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:50 pm

That topic was most probably deleted because that idiot topic-starter had nothing good with it in mind.
His title, his openingpost, his responses later on, everything he posted sucked big time.

Jordan also posted in that thread, and he probably deleted the worthless thing after it became clear that it went nowhere. Well done to the mod responsible.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:59 pm

Bob-Holland wrote:That topic was most probably deleted because that idiot topic-starter had nothing good with it in mind.
His title, his opening post, his responses later on, everything he posted sucked big time.

Even if I hadn't read the thread, I would know who you were talking about.

You have described him perfectly.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:32 pm

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.........It's Scott from Georgia.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:58 pm

Bob-Holland wrote:That topic was most probably deleted because that idiot topic-starter had nothing good with it in mind.
His title, his openingpost, his responses later on, everything he posted sucked big time.

Exactly. That same person has posted horribly racist remarks in the past (all deleted) and spends his time ruining other members' posts. What a life!

"Hernandez"??? Good Lord! That says it all... How on earth does this person remain a member?

BTW, this forum has an unlimited supply of illiterate right-wingers who love to stir things up. BlueRiver needs to give his conservative cronies writing lessons. BlueRiver drives me crazy but at least he can write complete sentences! Yeesh.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:18 am

InheritTheWind wrote: "Hernandez"???

Scott (from Georgia) got Zimmerman confused with Aaron Hernandez >> http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/i ... ged-murder

InheritTheWind wrote:BTW, this forum has an unlimited supply of illiterate right-wingers who love to stir things up. BlueRiver needs to give his conservative cronies writing lessons. BlueRiver drives me crazy but at least he can write complete sentences! Yeesh.

:lol:
Aw c'mon InheritTheWind, RKSNASHVILLE can also write complete sentences! :D

Oh, and by-the-way... concerning the Zimmerman verdict...
Justice was served. George Zimmerman went to trial and was found "not guilty" by six competent jurors.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:42 pm

Blue River wrote:

Scott (from Georgia) got Zimmerman confused with Aaron Hernandez >> http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/i ... ged-murder

No excuse! When you start a new topic you should at least spend more than a nanosecond thinking about what you're going to write.

Blue River wrote:
InheritTheWind wrote:BTW, this forum has an unlimited supply of illiterate right-wingers who love to stir things up. BlueRiver needs to give his conservative cronies writing lessons. BlueRiver drives me crazy but at least he can write complete sentences! Yeesh.

You're right. Perhaps you and RKSNASHVILLE should be the official spokespeople for the conservative wing of FECC! You're both as wrong as can be but at least you both write well! :wink:

Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:25 pm

InheritTheWind wrote:
Blue River wrote:

No excuse! When you start a new topic you should at least spend more than a nanosecond thinking about what you're going to write.

Blue River wrote:

You're right. Perhaps you and RKSNASHVILLE should be the official spokespeople for the conservative wing of FECC! You're both as wrong as can be but at least you both write well! :wink:

:wink:

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:57 pm

InheritTheWind wrote:Perhaps you and RKSNASHVILLE should be the official spokespeople for the conservative wing of FECC! You're both as wrong as can be but at least you both write well! :wink:

Some might argue that they "cut and paste" often and well. Composition? Perhaps not so well. ;-)

Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:38 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
InheritTheWind wrote:Perhaps you and RKSNASHVILLE should be the official spokespeople for the conservative wing of FECC! You're both as wrong as can be but at least you both write well! :wink:

Some might argue that they "cut and paste" often and well. Composition? Perhaps not so well. ;-)

drjohn,
Of course you and intheghetto would argue that, but you liberals have no credibility... such as the current U.S. (so-called) Justice Department. :smt023

Speaking of no credibility on your part - Did you ever find your 45-rpm single of "Charro"(RCA 47-9731) ?

Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:54 pm

Here's a little copy/paste article for you haters ~ :smt023

Zimmerman Has Defamation Case Against Florida Prosecutor

Florida state prosecutor Angela Corey made a jaw-dropping statement that George Zimmerman, acquitted of murder and manslaughter in the death of Trayvon Martin, is still a "murderer".

Renowned civil-rights lawyer Alan Dershowitz said that Zimmerman has reason to launch a defamation of character case against Corey.

"Clearly he is somebody who was acquitted by a jury on the grounds of self-defense and she shouldn’t be going around second-guessing the jury verdict and calling him a murderer," the veteran Harvard Law professor said.
"He probably has a defamation action against her. She has no immunity as a prosecutor for appearing on television and if I were his lawyer I would think seriously about bringing a defamation lawsuit against her."

On an interview taped after Zimmerman's acquittal Saturday and airing Monday night on CNN's Headline News program "HLN After Dark," Corey is asked for a word that comes to mind for the former neighborhood-watch volunteer. "Murderer", she says after several seconds of silence.

Other noted legal experts also expressed their disgust at Corey’s remark, agreeing with Dershowitz that it could spur legal action by Zimmerman.

“That is shockingly inappropriate, unethical conduct by a prosecutor. And frankly, she might very well be sued for it — and properly so”, noted criminal attorney and CNN legal analyst Paul Callan.

“Prosecutors get immunity when they’re acting within the scope of their employment as prosecutors. But appearing on a TV show doing a word association game is not going to give her immunity. Now that’s really stunning.”

Former federal prosecutor Andrew McCarthy said the “murderer” crack was “disgraceful … a reprehensible thing to do."

Callan added he was surprised at the “sour grapes press conference” Florida prosecutors held after the acquittal.

“Usually, prosecutors are very dignified and they say we disagree with the jury, we’re disappointed in the verdict, but we respect the process. They did a very extensive press conference in which they really went after Zimmerman quite personally.”

Dershowitz, who has defended such clients as Claus von Bulow, Mike Tyson, Patricia Hearst and Jim Bakker, said the violence-free response to the verdict was thanks to the “really excellent behavior” of the Martin family.

But, he added, that if it had gone the other way, Corey would have to be blamed.

“If there had been violence, she would be responsible for it because she raised expectations,” he said.

“She got a second-degree murder charge, she basically told the judge that there was a case here for second-degree murder and there was never a chance of getting a verdict in this case.”

Dershowitz, who has been extremely critical of Corey throughout the Zimmerman case, added:
"I’ve seen plenty of bad prosecutors, very good prosecutors. I’ve never encountered a prosecutor quite like her. … This is a woman who has still, as far as I know, still not yet spoken to the family of the Martins, still never given them any solace.

"All she does is go on television and try to justify her conduct and try to attack Zimmerman, knowing that she has people out there who she's pandering to."

He said the Justice Department and Attorney General Eric Holder should not pursue a federal civil-rights violations case against Zimmerman.

"This is not an appropriate use of Justice Department authority. It's now been turned into a political football", Dershowitz said.

"The NAACP is objecting to the verdict. Where do they come off objecting to the verdict in a case? And they’re joined by the Arab American Anti-Defamation League who’s partnering with them on this issue. You would think that these organizations, really, had more appropriate issues to focus on."

Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:17 pm

Blue River wrote:Here's a little copy/paste article ... ...

Point proven. Thank you. ;-)

Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:52 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Blue River wrote:Here's a little copy/paste article for you haters

Point proven. Thank you. ;-)

You're welcome. I knew you'd like it... especially since you're one of the haters. :wink:

Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:13 am

Please see:

130719_President Obama.jpg

President Obama Speaks on Trayvon Martin
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77905
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:00 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Please see:

Pathetic !!!

Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:31 am

minkahed wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Please see:

Pathetic !!!

Are you speaking of yourself? Or that I shared an important moment in President Obama's second term, and you're jealous?

It's gotta be one or the other, since you clearly devoted no time to the great man's words. ;-)

Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:26 am

TRUTH is like kryptonite to liberals... so here's plenty of it for you misguided souls ~

Pastor Jesse Lee Peterson - "Trayvon was a thug" >> http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/07/pasto ... as-a-thug/

Pastor Jesse Lee Peterson shot down all of the arguments that CNN’s Piers Morgan threw at him following the verdict in the George Zimmerman trial. From calling Trayvon Martin a “thug” and not an “innocent little kid, tip-toeing through the tulips” to blasting “race hustlers” like Al Sharpton, Peterson did an outstanding job of pointing out the reality of what the media picks and chooses to present. Though he is not as eloquent as others, he definitely stayed on point.

He said that race baiters such as Barack Obama and Sharpton had only injected themselves into this case to “incite the anger of black Americans and others.”

Peterson said that people like Obama and Sharpton have been “using black Americans by dividing the races” and “intimidating white people to get more power.”

Morgan attempted to ask if Peterson though the outcome would have been different if Martin had been white and worn a hoodie, like Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg. He said it wouldn’t have mattered and declared that the portrayal of Trayvon Martin was “some innocent little kid, tip-toeing through the tulips” was an “absolute lie.”

“Trayvon Martin was a thug. His parents know that, you know that, I know that,” Peterson said.

While Morgan told Peterson not to speak for him concerning how he view Martin, saying there was no evidence that Martin was a thug, Peterson simply asked if Martin was “such a good little kid… why did they work so hard to keep his history out of the courtroom.”

Peterson provided the evidence of Martin’s Facebook account, which featured him with marijuana and guns taking the thug look all to himself.

Morgan, in usual fashion, simply dismissed that “evidence,” calling Peterson’s comments “quite offensive.”

This is merely the modus operandi of Piers Morgan. When he can’t handle facts and the truth, he gets “offended.” I’d say Morgan needs to grow a thicker skin. Well done Pastor Peterson, well done!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Racist Degenerates Take To The Streets In Thuggish Trayvon Martin Style Assaulting Innocent People, Vandalizing Businesses & Burning US Flags >> http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/07/racis ... -us-flags/

The Real Reason Behind The Trayvon Martin Protests >> http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/07/the-r ... -protests/

Department Of Justice Probe on Zimmerman: A President-Sanctioned Lynch Mob >> http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/07/doj-p ... lynch-mob/

The Real Civil Rights Violations of Today Have Come From The Democrat Party >> http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/07/the-r ... rat-party/

Race-Baiter Chris Matthews Apologizes for “All” Whites for Everything We Have Done… Ever >> http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/07/race- ... done-ever/

Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:34 am

Read the truth and learn ~

Black-on-black crime article (July 11, 2013) >> http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... lack-crime
By Crystal Wright -
As the George Zimmerman murder trial heads towards its conclusion this week, race has taken center stage. Since last year when Zimmerman allegedly killed Trayvon Martin in self-defense, the mainstream media joined by so called black activists injected a racially charged narrative into the case. You know "racist" white man profiles and kills black kid.

Sadly, this trial wouldn't be receiving wall-to-wall national media coverage if Zimmerman was black. That's what we should be talking about.

Startling statistics reveal that between 1980-2008, African-Americans were six times more likely than whites to be victims of gun violence and seven times more likely to kill with guns than whites, according to the Justice Department. African-Americans represent a mere 13% of the US population yet more than 50% of federal prisoners are black. You can claim racial bias in the judicial system, but that doesn't explain all of it.

Why aren't so-called black leaders outraged and marching over the recent shooting rampage in Chicago? During the 4 July holiday weekend, including the Wednesday leading up to it, 62 people were wounded by gun violence in Chicago and 12 others killed. The holiday shooting spree raised Chicago's homicide tally to 200 for the year. Last year about 500 people were killed, and most of those killing and being killed in Chicago are black. According to the Chicago Tribune, "blacks make up about 33% of the city's population, they accounted for nearly 78% of the homicide victims through the first six months of 2012".

With the mainstream media's national attention on the Zimmerman murder trail, I think it's stunning that scant, if any, attention was given to the violence raging in Chicago or other cities across the country. As I've said many times during this case, Americans, especially black Americans, have come to accept blacks killing other blacks as normal.

When a white person is accused of killing a black person, African-Americans seem to care more and cry racism, allowing race baiting voices like Al Sharpton, who's a reverend as much as I'm a Democrat (hint: I'm not), to organize marches and rallies. The same is now true when a non-white like Zimmerman is accused of killing a black 17-year-old like Trayvon Martin. Last year blacks even got the news media to basically convict Zimmerman as a racist murderer in the court of public opinion before the trial even began.

Even President Barack Obama got in on the act, stoking the racist flames before any facts were revealed, "If I had a son he'd look like Trayvon". Yet Obama has been a lot less vocal on the killings in Chicago, the city from which he hales and served as both an Illinois state senator and US senator.

The tragedy is that blacks who are shouting about racism aren't offering real solutions, especially to the violence issue in African-American neighborhoods. Interestingly, Senator Mark Kirk (an Illinois Republican) has a plan to end gun violence in Chicago. Since 15-year old Hadiya Pendleton was murdered in January in Chicago after performing at Obama's 2013 inaugural, Kirk has been pushing the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and federal prosecutors to crack down on gang violence related to drugs, which police believe is driving the gun violence.

Kirk, a Republican, wants the FBI to prosecute these gang related crimes at higher rate given that about 18,000 people belonging to the Gangster Disciple gang, one of the most notorious gangs in Chicago (and beyond). Gangster Disciple stretches into 28 states and amasses more then $100m a year by selling drugs. And that's what we know about.

In a meeting with Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy in June, the police superintendent told Kirk more than 100,000 gang members live in Chicago. As Kirk tried to tackle gang violence in his home state of Illinois, Representative Bobby Rush, a black Democrat representing the 1st district of Illinois for 20 years, which includes Chicago, railed against Kirk's plan as "upper middle class, elitist, white boy solution". Well, "the white boy" conservative is coming up with solutions while blacks like Rush and Ali stoop to calling conservatives of all colors heinous names when they highlight or offer solutions to the ills disproportionately harming black Americans. I have also been accused of being an "oreo" for merely stating the fact that more blacks are killing and being killed than any other race.

Today the main people holding blacks back as a race and taking them back to the days of Jim Crow are blacks themselves. Self-appointed black leaders (Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson), advocacy groups like the NAACP and black members of Congress cry racist at every turn. Beyond this battle cry, they have no solutions to offer blacks a way towards greater economic prosperity and less violent lives.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:28 am

It seems that some things never change.

900410_Fear of a Black Planet.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:55 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:It seems that some things never change.

900410_Fear of a Black Planet.JPG

That's all ya' got, drjohn? :lol:

Your race-card game continues as usual. You're right... it seems that some things never change.

Al Sharpton and your leader, Barack Obama, would be very proud of you (if they knew you existed)!

:smt023

Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:50 am

Blue River wrote:TRUTH is like kryptonite to liberals... so here's plenty of it for you misguided souls ~

Blue River wrote:Read the truth and learn ~

Black-on-black crime article

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! There's no need to shout, Mr. River. Please try to not get hysterical.

Just trying to keep it real(ly quiet). :wink:

Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:53 am

It is interesting, and sad, how people tend to reveal themselves when certain public events occur.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:02 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:It is interesting, and sad, how people tend to reveal themselves when certain public events occur.

....................... smt154