burning, ripping, decoding ,codec'', etc..
Moderators: promiseland/JimmyCool

Forum rules

Forum rules
Note: Before any posting relating to Software is done in this Forum & FECC as whole. ALL SOFTWARE must be Legal in accordance to Copyrights and Licensing per Vender . If we become aware, the material you are linking or trading is Illegal for all to see. Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately ! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

FEIM FTD is now MERGED w/FEIM Legacy!

Sat May 25, 2013 8:09 am

In ITunes. It has MERGED the albums! Apparently the name does not include "FTD" and it ruined my albums! Now, what do I do? Re-import all 4 discs? I don't even know if it's overwriting songs!

Oh, wait: it says there is track 1. And then, track 1. Same for 2. And 2. And uh, . . . KHAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!!!

{or something Elvis said in a session - real bad :twisted: )

rjm

Re: FEIM FTD is now MERGED w/FEIM Legacy!

Sat May 25, 2013 8:25 am

I picked 'em out track by track. {weary}. And I made up a new cover that is stamped FTD, in YELLOW! This was just the second disc. For the first disc, and do remember this, for those who haven't scrooged up yet like this, RENAME THE CD before you import it! Also, choose special cover art that indicates FTD.

I rather like the Legacy Edition, pure like it is. Oh, man!

rjm

Sun May 26, 2013 3:31 am

Maybe you could try one of these.

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=75159&view=unread#unread

Mon May 27, 2013 12:32 pm

promiseland wrote:Maybe you could try one of these.

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=75159&view=unread#unread

I know. But I'm just so used to it! And it does fill up an IPod Classic quite smoothly.

I imported it all in Apple Lossless. You think ITunes will ever incorporate FLAC, as an import format? The same principle.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:13 am

I'm on windows, this should work for apple macs too, I think! If it happens again with multiple albums of the same name that have all merged try this to save a bit of time - in iTunes select the 'view' drop-down, then select view options, then check/tick 'Date modified' and press ok. You should now have an extra column titled 'Date Modified' in your album view, press on the date modified tab and the albums should seperate due to them being modified at different times. Select all the tracks from one album and add something to the title to differentiate them (FTD, Legacy, Millenium, Eternity Edition etc...) then press ok. They should then seperate.
Please note, even though you have seperated them if you look at the folders where the music is contained in windows explorer, depending on the length of the album title, iTunes may still bundle them into the one folder, as it only allows a certain number of characters per folder title, for example : 'Elvis As Recorded At Madison Square Garden' and 'Elvis As Recorded At Madison Square Garden [Legacy Edition]' would both appear in a folder called 'Elvis As Recorded At Madison Square Gard' as it has used up it's character limit, so always check the folder contents just to make sure! The tracks will be numbered 1 followed by 1 etc but the iTunes programme will seperate them automatically.
Hope this helps...

Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:05 pm

Thanks. Soon as I can, I'll make sure the folders are separate. (I can't put the tracks on my phone or in a different cloud, though, anyway. They're Apple Lossless.)

But I might want to convert the tracks in a folder for that purpose - to make additional MP3 tracks for cloud transfer, so thanks again!

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:36 pm

Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm on the old version of iTunes, to do what I suggested in the latest version of iTunes click on the 'songs' tab first then you will see the date modified tab. If it isn't there click on view and then show view options and you'll see date modified in there somewhere just check/tick it then all I said above will be viable. I have my hard drive connected to my PC and I work better with the old version of iTunes for all my importing, then I just use the home sharing facility and the latest version to access them on the laptop.