Off Topic Messages

poormadpeter

Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:58 pm

read yr pm?

Re: poormadpeter

Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:00 pm

What will happen to him if he doesn't?

Are you gonna open up a can of Whoop-Ass?

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:49 pm

ritchie valens wrote:read yr pm?

Yes, I have. But my understanding is that you have wrote a post detailing your views of homosexuals and what should happen to them. Bearing that in mind, I am hardly going to give you advice on your never-ending stream of questions about silent cinema when you think I should banished from the earth after being of use to you. Hope that answers your query.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:53 pm

You have some nerve, ritchie.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:33 pm

What Richie is not aware of is that the woman in his avatar is actually me when I'm dressed up to go out for the evening. ;)

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:35 pm

Now you just quit that.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:42 pm

poormadpeter wrote:What Richie is not aware of is that the woman in his avatar is actually me when I'm dressed up to go out for the evening. ;)

I hope you move better than she does :wink:

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:46 pm

poormadpeter wrote:What Richie is not aware of is that the woman in his avatar is actually me when I'm dressed up to go out for the evening. ;)

:D

I knew it!

Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:34 pm

poormadpeter wrote:you have wrote a post detailing your views of homosexuals and what should happen to them.

Excuse me, what should happen to homosexuals?
I'm curious.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:35 am

You scrub up pretty good poormadpeter.
What song are you dancing to ?

norrie

Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:38 am

javilu wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:you have wrote a post detailing your views of homosexuals and what should happen to them.

I'm curious.

They should be allowed to get married and suffer like the rest of us fools !

Norrie

Kidding of course,I wouldn't swap the Mrs for anything.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:07 am

javilu wrote:

I'm curious.

It's that curiosity that will get you in trouble.

Bi-curious? (Better punchline)

Geoff

Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:29 am

norrie wrote:
javilu wrote:

I'm curious.

They should be allowed to get married and suffer like the rest of us fools !

Norrie

Kidding of course,I wouldn't swap the Mrs for anything.

Would youn swap her for a time alone with Engelbert Humperdinck?

Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:41 am

You have a thing for old Engelbert do you?

norrie

Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:26 am

norrie wrote:You have a thing for old Engelbert do you?

norrie

Who doesn't?

phpBB [video]

Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:13 pm

javilu wrote:

I'm curious.

Sadly that post has been deleted, but was described by Inherit as the "most offensive ever" - which is quite an achievement!

Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:39 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
javilu wrote:

I'm curious.

Sadly that post has been deleted, but was described by Inherit as the "most offensive ever" - which is quite an achievement!

It was really bad. Somehow he was able to use one of the worst euphemisms for gay people AND damn the United States to hell AND be totally illiterate in one short sentence. Quite an achievement!

It was up for about 10 minutes before it was mercifully deleted. Oddly, he's still a member here. :?

Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:48 pm

In this day and age, who cares if someone is gay?

Those who are against it for whatever reason, are complete idiots.

I have a few gay and lesbian friends and they don't keep going on and on and on about their sexuality which sadly, some seem to do.

Its like George Michael, for years he kept his sexuality a secret but when he got arrested in an LA loo he finally came out and admitted he was gay but since then he don't stop going on about the fact he is gay. :roll:

He should just shut up talking about it and instead concentrate on bringing out some decent music which he hasn't done since the 90's.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:39 pm

Bodie wrote:In this day and age, who cares if someone is gay?

I have a few gay and lesbian friends and they don't keep going on and on and on about their sexuality which sadly, some seem to do.

Its like George Michael, for years he kept his sexuality a secret but when he got arrested in an LA loo he finally came out and admitted he was gay but since then he don't stop going on about the fact he is gay. :roll:

He should just shut up talking about it and instead concentrate on bringing out some decent music which he hasn't done since the 90's.

I think you missed the point of the comments, which refer back to a thread started by the doc on the situation in america...

Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:49 pm

poormadpeter wrote:

I think you missed the point of the comments, which refer back to a thread started by the doc on the situation in america...

I didn't miss the point.

I think you missed the point i was trying to make.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:00 am

javilu wrote:
norrie wrote:You have a thing for old Engelbert do you?

norrie

Who doesn't?

Does anyone know why Engelbert seems to be singing this to a man.

phpBB [video]

Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:16 am

Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

I didn't miss the point.

I think you missed the point i was trying to make.

I'm not quite sure what that was in the context of a thread which centred on the hypocrisy of one of our members.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:25 am

Sorry PMP

Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:43 am

This thread was worth it just for that dire video of Engelbert :smt003
Has he got a broom up his back?? Dear, oh dear.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:52 am

Trying to get back to posting. So this won't be best.

But I think Bodie was saying GM should cease talking about his sexual orientation, and that everyone - whatever their orientation, should not talk about it.

I will take a stab at this.

This is a common communication problem between minorities and non-minorities. It's rather like white people not realizing they are white, and thus have privileges people of color do not. In the same vein, straight folks talk about their spouses very casually and freely, without realizing they are announcing and talking about their sexuality.

Now, I wouldn't use G. Michael as an exemplar, because he has used his orientation to excuse inappropriate conduct. That doesn't help anyone. So much for him. There are others.

For instance, George Takei and his husband Brad. Some people really don't want to see or hear about Brad. They don't want to know that George and Brad had an ordinary ice-cream evening while watching TV. But they are legally married, and he should talk about his husband the same as a straight couple. People want to hear about William Shatner and his wife, Elizabeth, and all they do. They talk about their dogs, and so on. No problem. But for some of the same people, Brad is a problem for them. They'd rather he not be mentioned, photographed, etc.

In other words, it's a failure of communication and understanding. Straight people don't realize that they talk about being straight all the time, without anyone realizing it. I didn't realize it myself, until recently. Now, I know that when I talk about "guys," I am announcing my straightness to others.

It's not a failure of goodwill, in this case. Just communication. It seems to me that Bodie is a person of good will, for sure. It's just that those of us who are straight don't generally realize just how often and casually we talk about it.

Now, I can't write no more. All the best.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2