Post here your Elvis' pictures

*UPDATED* Elvis at Sun in Color

Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:23 pm

Messed around with this one. Let me know what you think.
NOTE*** I did NOT colorize this. I did some color corrections on the photo before I did any research on this photo. Sorry for any misconceptions.
Last edited by emshicks321 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Elvis at Sun in Color

Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:25 am

Is it not from the MRS-books? I think I have seen it there.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:51 pm

The color was "put on".

Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:36 pm

Winston's right about MRS. Their first release featured the same photo by Opal Walker with the background edited out and a new one added of the front of a contemporary Sun Studio shot, colorized the same way.
You can see it in this shot

Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:04 pm

I think you did a great job on it ........

Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:25 pm

Rat Rod Elvis wrote:I think you did a great job on it ........

So what did he do, take MRS', grey scale it and then color it again the same way? specifically, what is meant by messing around with it?
Or did he do the original one for MRS a few years ago?

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:03 pm

Wow I'm so sorry :facep:
I didn't mean I colorized it. I did some color corrections on it. I've had this pic for a while. the original file was messed up for some reason as you can see here.
My Colorization/color correction source was from that same colorized photo like from MRS, just not from the actual MRS release. I've had it on my computer for many years. I'm afraid it came across at me taking credit for something I didn't do. I hope nobody has any bad feelings about this. Next time I'll be sure to do some research before I post something like this. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:53 pm

emshicks321 wrote:Wow I'm so sorry :facep:
I didn't mean I colorized it. I did some color corrections on it. I've had this pic for a while. the original file was messed up for some reason as you can see here.
My Colorization/color correction source was from that same colorized photo like from MRS, just not from the actual MRS release. I've had it on my computer for many years. I'm afraid it came across at me taking credit for something I didn't do. I hope nobody has any bad feelings about this. Next time I'll be sure to do some research before I post something like this. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Very nice ::rocks

Re: *UPDATED* Elvis at Sun in Color

Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:47 pm

This is about the best it gets.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:13 am

great job

Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:46 pm

Nice corrections. Its interesting that when it was originally done they though to add a reflection to the bumper of the neon in the windows. Not sure that's actually possible from those angles but nice touch. The only downside to something like this is that some might be confused into thinking that setting is a real photo, hopefully no one here.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:52 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:Nice corrections. Its interesting that when it was originally done they though to add a reflection to the bumper of the neon in the windows. Not sure that's actually possible from those angles but nice touch. The only downside to something like this is that some might be confused into thinking that setting is a real photo, hopefully no one here.

I think the socks should probably be a little more pinkish, and that was pretty clever on the bumper angle James, now that you mentioned it, it does kind of makes me wonder now how that reflection is bent around there like that opposite the signs.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:58 pm

Just for posterity, here's the original shot, and a page on the original setting
http://scottymoore.net/katz.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.