Off Topic Messages

A Shawn Klush Concert

Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:37 am

In it's entirety ! Wooohoooo ! From last summer. For those who live to see ETA's in action.

Actual concert starts @ 32:37 mark. Enjoy


phpBB [video]

Re: A Shawn Klush Concert

Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:40 am

Enjoy?

If it's enjoyment you're looking for put on a proper Elvis concert like TTWII, not this second rate nonsense.

Re: A Shawn Klush Concert

Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:45 pm

smt149

Re: A Shawn Klush Concert

Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:29 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:smt149


:smt003 ...I could'nt agree more!

Re: A Shawn Klush Concert

Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:52 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:smt149


That's not fair luckyjackson1 the first 12 seconds of Dolly Parton's "9 To 5" is actually really cool, I quickly lost interest after that though.

Re: A Shawn Klush Concert

Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:55 pm

The ETA-freaks here should have their own section and stop polluting the Off-Topic forum!

Please mod-team, bundle all the ETA crap into one nice section, right at the bottom of the forum homepage! :smt023

Re: A Shawn Klush Concert

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:20 pm

Bob-Holland wrote:The ETA-freaks here should have their own section and stop polluting the Off-Topic forum!

Please mod-team, bundle all the ETA crap into one nice section, right at the bottom of the forum homepage! :smt023

And then lock it so it's inaccessable....job done.

Re: A Shawn Klush Concert

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:54 pm

i have never understood the fascination with impersonators . Elvis never could nor will be duplicated !

Re: A Shawn Klush Concert

Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:15 pm

motleycrue wrote:i have never understood the fascination with impersonators . Elvis never could nor will be duplicated !



There are some who camp out for hours outside of venues just to get a glimpse of a lousy ETA. (ie : Scott aka "SNG")

BTW, this ETA must be one privileged S.O.B. to have several opening acts open up for him. I didn't know ETA's get the red carpet treatment and its fringe benefits these days. The next thing I'll hear is that they make close to six figure salary per year and they don't have to pay taxes. What is this bloody world coming to ???? :facep: :facep:

Re: A Shawn Klush Concert

Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:55 pm

when i read this post...i wanted to start a new movement....a bowel movement!

:wtf: is wrong with the ETA flunkies on this board ? ? ?

Lets start a protest.....THE CRUSH KLUSH KLAN.
We can all meet in Memphis this summer and burn Shawn Klush in effigy as we sing Elvis tunes in the worst voices possible.

GIVE ME A BREAK......PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE ! ! !

Re: A Shawn Klush Concert

Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:35 am

great response TCB , i also feel the same way . I just don't get it and why have them on a great site and forum like this one .
I sure like it when i can learn more about ELVIS PRESLEY than the clones killing his image .

Re: A Shawn Klush Concert

Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:38 am

elvisbot wrote:when i read this post...i wanted to start a new movement....a bowel movement!

:wtf: is wrong with the ETA flunkies on this board ? ? ?

Lets start a protest.....THE CRUSH KLUSH KLAN.
We can all meet in Memphis this summer and burn Shawn Klush in effigy as we sing Elvis tunes in the worst voices possible.

GIVE ME A BREAK......PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE ! ! !



now this was not only spot on but made me laugh again and again .

Re: A Shawn Klush Concert

Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:33 am

Sorry, I can't stand watching these ETA's for more than 15 seconds!

Re: A Shawn Klush Concert

Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:25 am

Wrong forum :facep:

Re: A Shawn Klush Concert

Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:35 am

I wonder if Shawn Klush is a member here?

Re: A Shawn Klush Concert

Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:21 pm

TJ wrote:I wonder if Shawn Klush is a member here?


That crossed my mind, as well. Or, for that matter, how many "other" ETA's? They must love threads such as this.

That being said....I watched the link because as ETA's go, Shawn Klush is one of the best-known performers, and I was curious to see what kind of show he does. I'm not the kind who has an instant hatred for everyone (besides Elvis) who dons a jumpsuit. There are some talented performers out there, and some do well in entertaining a crowd. So, I don't automatically dismiss every one of them.

Hard to gauge solely on this link, but I did expect a little better vocal quality. He knows his "Elvis-isms," without a doubt, but I thought I had heard him in better voice in the past. Maybe I was thinking of someone else. And, at the risk of being way too nitpicky, he might also need to drop a few pounds. Starting to inch closer to 1977.

Oh, well. The audience seemed to enjoy themselves, and that's the bottom line for a performer.

Re: A Shawn Klush Concert

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:44 pm

Fairchild1171 wrote:I couldn't watch for 5 seconds...not even for a Klondike bar.

Now that's funny right there. That there is funny. I don't care who you are. If you don't think that's funny, you need to get the hell out of here.

That there was funny.

Re: A Shawn Klush Concert

Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:59 pm

Rob wrote:
Fairchild1171 wrote:I couldn't watch for 5 seconds...not even for a Klondike bar.

Now that's funny right there. That there is funny. I don't care who you are. If you don't think that's funny, you need to get the hell out of here.

That there was funny.



Enough to wet your pants ? If you haven't wet your pants by now, it was not funny, period. I don't care if you're a certified assmunch or not.