Chat talk and light discussion

Tuesday, I will be in surgery; have a question

Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:04 am

I want to know if anyone else here has been through what I will have to on Tuesday.

I am having extensive oral and dental surgery Tuesday morning, and will be under general anasthesthia for at least 4 hours.

I am scared to death! Nothing like this has ever happened to me before; I have one small filling. A bad medication in 2001 destroyed my teeth, along with premature osteoporosis. So, this is what happened. And now, I must go through this.

Has anyone here had a similar experience? I will be in a dental office! So, it's terrifying to be knocked out there.

I will be posting tomorrow, but that's it. Maybe I'll be able to post after, maybe it'll take a while. Do not know. I won't be able to eat for some time, but perhaps I can type. Don't know.

Has anyone gone through anything like this?

Thank you for any info, and for your understanding. Love you guys.

Robin (rjm)

Re: Tuesday, I will be in surgery; have a question

Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:15 am

I've had surgery but not at a Dentist's.

Just know that these guys are professionals and they will do a damn good job.

I'll be thinking of you: post when you're able. Don't worry, we'll all still be here when you get back.

God bless

George

Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:52 am

Thank you, George. I sure hope you're right.

Have a great day, my friend. Or maybe a good week. I just want to wake up. It's not a hospital.

Robin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:34 pm

Robin,dont worry you will be fine.i dont like being put out but it is ok,im having knee surgery in 2 weeks and i have to go under ,il be rootin for you

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:22 pm

Don't worry, you'll be fine.
I once had a stabbed wound, punctured the stomach and had an emergency surgery!

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:00 pm

You'll be A-OK! No doubt about it!!! Back in '96 I had some brain surgery and was under for quite awhile. Most likely they will use an agent like Diprivan (which IS very safe when used by professionals)!!!
One minute you'll be in the chair waiting for it to begin, then next thing you know you'll be asking when they are going to start - only to be told they are done already!!! No sweat, I promise!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:08 pm

Good luck tomorrow Robin. You'll be fine.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:51 pm

rjm wrote:I want to know if anyone else here has been through what I will have to on Tuesday.

I am having extensive oral and dental surgery Tuesday morning, and will be under general anasthesthia for at least 4 hours.

I am scared to death! Nothing like this has ever happened to me before; I have one small filling. A bad medication in 2001 destroyed my teeth, along with premature osteoporosis. So, this is what happened. And now, I must go through this.

Has anyone here had a similar experience? I will be in a dental office! So, it's terrifying to be knocked out there.

I will be posting tomorrow, but that's it. Maybe I'll be able to post after, maybe it'll take a while. Do not know. I won't be able to eat for some time, but perhaps I can type. Don't know.

Has anyone gone through anything like this?

Thank you for any info, and for your understanding. Love you guys.

Robin (rjm)

Hang in there! I've not gone through something as extensive, but I do know that the great thing about anesthesia is it's like you blink your eyes, and "boom," you're done. Mostly after that you'll have to manage your recovery with rest and pain medication.

All the best from all of us -- you will be fine.

::rocks

Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:47 pm

Good luck tomorrow Robin, I`m sure everything will be just fine.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:18 am

Thanks, everyone. What's really scary is that it's not in a hospital.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and encouragement. Because I just wanna run! (Diprivan! "The Milk." Not in a hospital. I keep seeing Conrad Murray's face hovering in my mind's eye. "I told the troot." This all started with a doctor not telling me the troo, uh, truth. "Don't worry," MY doctor said about the bone loss. "It's reversible." It wasn't.)

Hope to be able to type ASAP, sometime late tomorrow, or the next day . . . this will be the first stop!

Robin (Good luck, Ken, with the knee surgery!)

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:15 am

I just had my gall bladder out so I know this is stressful (46 stones!) Surgery isn't fun, but you will do just fine with it. Thankfully Conrad isn't going to be there.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:15 am

We will be waiting and thinking about ya Robin.
I had an herna op.about 3 years ago and came out fine.
The Dr. who put me under came and chatted with me about what was going to take place
and said he was gonna use some Micheal Jackson juice,for real!!
My reply was "Don't Go Anywhere"!
You will be fine!!

Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:07 am

Thanks. It's getting later; just had my "last meal." I either have to find a way to go to sleep early, or just stay up. (No, that's not a good idea.)

I really appreciate the encouragement.

Robin (rjm)

Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:22 am

[quote="rjm"

Robin (Good luck, Ken, with the knee surgery!)[/quote]
Thanks Robin,i need that sorted before wedding duties

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:12 am

Well, signing off. Hoping for the best, and be back when I can.

I'm gonna do this!

phpBB [video]

rjm

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:31 am

you will be fine,take care

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:45 am

All the best from me! I am thinking of you and hope it is all right and fine with you.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:41 am

Thanks Winston and Ken. I can't sleep. I have been contacting people to contact FECC just in case something goes wrong. Nothing will go wrong! Not worried! Not worried!

All the best, talk to you soon. Good night. :D

Robin

Last edited by rjm on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:29 pm

Be well, post soon.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:51 pm

All the best, Robin. It'll work out just fine. 8)

And remember we're here awaiting your next post.

Love and peace,
lucky

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:11 pm

fecc-mechanic wrote:Most likely they will use an agent like Diprivan (which IS very safe when used by professionals)!!!

I love that stuff. Always puts me in a good mood.

I take a big dose of it every day before I get to work.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:39 pm

Rjm,
By the time you read this it'll probably be over and done. But just in case, don't let yourself stress too much about it. I went under for the first time in my life just last year and was a little freaked the day before. But it's exactly like everyone said, it's better than a deep sleep, you probably won't even know what happened.

Hopefully your recovery goes quick.... and painless.
Best wishes

Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:25 am

1Sixstring wrote:Rjm,
By the time you read this it'll probably be over and done. But just in case, don't let yourself stress too much about it. I went under for the first time in my life just last year and was a little freaked the day before. But it's exactly like everyone said, it's better than a deep sleep, you probably won't even know what happened.

Hopefully your recovery goes quick.... and painless.
Best wishes

I'm ok.

More later.

rjm

Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:29 am

Rest up, rjm.
Sweet dreams of Elvis :smt056

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:39 am

JaneTLC wrote:Rest up, rjm.
Sweet dreams of Elvis :smt056

Yes. Saw Kid Gallahad in bed today. Very soothing film, Elvis getting clobbered in Cream Valley. ;)

Took awhile for my pops to find "an Elwis mowie." "Want to see his face. Uh, records are square, DVDs not square. On coffee table." After several trips, finally "Is THIS is movie?" Gave thumbs up! "An Elwis mowie!"

As for surgery, they only got through half. Have to this again next month. Bummer.

Lots of good talk here. But, tomorrow. Thanks to all!

Best,
Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD