Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis Presley concert ticket Apr 1, 1957 Buffalo N.Y.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:05 am

Never seen before:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Elvis-Presley-conce ... 3a5e9ee41e

Mississippi

Re: Elvis Presley concert ticket Apr 1, 1957 Buffalo N.Y.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:44 pm

unused?

Re: Elvis Presley concert ticket Apr 1, 1957 Buffalo N.Y.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:06 pm

Winning bid: US $2,225.00

Mississippi

Re: Elvis Presley concert ticket Apr 1, 1957 Buffalo N.Y.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:23 pm

yeah, I saw that the other day. As we say around these parts, that's ree-tar-did!

Re: Elvis Presley concert ticket Apr 1, 1957 Buffalo N.Y.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:07 pm

That's just the ticket!

Re: Elvis Presley concert ticket Apr 1, 1957 Buffalo N.Y.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:57 am

JamesVRoy wrote:yeah, I saw that the other day. As we say around these parts, that's ree-tar-did!



No...it was money well spent. ;) Plus you have it on your site!

Re: Elvis Presley concert ticket Apr 1, 1957 Buffalo N.Y.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:01 pm

No, thank you. I am not interesting in collecting tickets.

Re: Elvis Presley concert ticket Apr 1, 1957 Buffalo N.Y.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:08 pm

That's good...leaves more for me.

Re: Elvis Presley concert ticket Apr 1, 1957 Buffalo N.Y.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:38 pm

Fairchild1171 wrote:
JamesVRoy wrote:yeah, I saw that the other day. As we say around these parts, that's ree-tar-did!



No...it was money well spent. ;) Plus you have it on your site!


Yes, I got the picture from eBay when it was for sale and put it up. Almost a year after you bought it you emailed me identifying yourself as the owner and wanting acknowledgement. You sent me better pictures of your own and I put them up instead crediting you, but I don't list the price.

That may be typical but is seems to be a hefty price for something like that. What kind of business are you in? I hope someday you can recoup.

Ok, nevermind. Wow, you play well. Do you mostly flatpick?

Re: Elvis Presley concert ticket Apr 1, 1957 Buffalo N.Y.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:49 pm

Pristine unused Elvis tickets from the 50's routinely go for around that price and more. Elvis tickets from 1957 are very scarce, to find a stub is hard enough but to find an unused example is even harder. If anyone out there has any unused 1957 Elvis tickets, please contact me. Considering that SOME Beatles tickets go from $2,000 up to $8,500 "yes I have seen them go for that amount" I think Elvis tickets are on the low side. But calling someone retarded for paying whatever amount for something is just that...YOUR opinion.

Re: Elvis Presley concert ticket Apr 1, 1957 Buffalo N.Y.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:56 pm

Sold......http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEATLES-Unused- ... 338374cb74

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-BEATLES-vin ... 3cd273330a

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Beatle ... 33817cf574

Just a stub

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-ORIGINAL-T ... 3381523e56

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Sept-18 ... 19dcd94ee2

Re: Elvis Presley concert ticket Apr 1, 1957 Buffalo N.Y.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:36 pm

Fairchild1171 wrote:Pristine unused Elvis tickets from the 50's routinely go for around that price and more. Elvis tickets from 1957 are very scarce, to find a stub is hard enough but to find an unused example is even harder. If anyone out there has any unused 1957 Elvis tickets, please contact me. Considering that SOME Beatles tickets go from $2,000 up to $8,500 "yes I have seen them go for that amount" I think Elvis tickets are on the low side. But calling someone retarded for paying whatever amount for something is just that...YOUR opinion.


I didn't call someone, I called the price. Its a play on a Boston phrase, my locale. Yes, it MY opinion, its the only one I can express.

Re: Elvis Presley concert ticket Apr 1, 1957 Buffalo N.Y.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:42 pm

Well that's my way of replying...Its a Smoky Mountain thing. But no hard feelings, I probably am a little crazy when it comes to some things. :D

Keep up the great work on the Scotty Moore site...I love reading about all the early concerts.

Re: Elvis Presley concert ticket Apr 1, 1957 Buffalo N.Y.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:43 pm

Fairchild1171 wrote:Sold......http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEATLES-Unused- ... 338374cb74

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-BEATLES-vin ... 3cd273330a

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Beatle ... 33817cf574

Just a stub

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-ORIGINAL-T ... 3381523e56

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Sept-18 ... 19dcd94ee2



I guess its the market, and like anything else subjective. I can't envision having the disposable income to justify paying for something like that, though I've no doubt got standards for other things that someone else would consider ludicrous. Last year the guitar that Elvis used in a few movies sold at auction in Memphis for $2k, only receiving one bid, online no less. I'm still kicking myself for not bidding.

Re: Elvis Presley concert ticket Apr 1, 1957 Buffalo N.Y.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:54 pm

I know what you mean...some things go for tons of cash, but others leave you scratching your head. Provenance is a big part of the value. If Elvis just used the guitar for a few scenes then I could see where it wouldn't generate much interest, but the Gibson guitar that a guy here in Asheville owns is a different story. Elvis gave him the guitar in 1975 at the Asheville civic center. That guitar was at Madison Square Garden and Aloha from Hawaii. I myself would give up one of my kidneys for that guitar...just as a regular 1960's Gibson dove, you are probably talking around $2,500 to $3,500...but since it belonged to Elvis and is one of his most photographed and famous guitars, you are talking well in to the six figure range.

Re: Elvis Presley concert ticket Apr 1, 1957 Buffalo N.Y.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:03 pm

Yes, that's Mike Harris' you're talking about. It was a very high profile guitar but it'll never get the kind of money he wants, or wanted. I think he was spoiled by seeing what some of Clapton's and Hendrix's went for. When you're bidding against Paul Allen, his wallet dictates the value.
The guitar that sold last year though was essentially a movie prop but it was distinctive and used in several films. It was also in pretty rough shape which is why it probably didn't command much bidding but to see what it went for kills me when I know I would've dropped that on it easily.

Re: Elvis Presley concert ticket Apr 1, 1957 Buffalo N.Y.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:20 pm

But it only takes one person with deep pockets to give Mike Harris his asking price and then that is what the guitar is worth. But I am with you, a gold mine is only worth so much.