Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Beatles' "Help" Arrives On Blu-Ray Today

Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:24 pm

In addition to the digitally-restored film, the new disc features outtakes, a 30-minute documentary, an introduction by director Richard Lester and an appreciation by Martin Scorsese.

Beatles fans: Help! has arrived. Nearly 48 years after its theatrical release, the Fab Four’s second feature film has been issued on the Blu-ray format with a stack of extra material.

The Blu-ray edition of Help! will carry the digitally-restored film and 5.1 soundtrack plus an hour of extra features
, including a 30-minute documentary on the making of the film, memories of the cast and crew, an in-depth look at the restoration process, an outtake scene, and original theatrical trailers and radio spots.

Also, there’s an introduction by the 1965 film’s director, Richard Lester, and an appreciation by Martin Scorsese included in the Blu-ray disc’s booklet.

Help! was restored for its 2007 DVD release, which earned five-times platinum sales in the U.S., according to EMI.

The Help! Blu-ray edition follows the 2012 release of The Beatles’ digitally-restored Yellow Submarine and Magical Mystery Tour films on Blu-ray, DVD and iTunes.

Extras on the Blu-ray release of Help!:

•“The Beatles in Help!” – a 30-minute documentary about the making of the film with Richard Lester, the cast and crew, including exclusive behind-the-scenes footage of The Beatles on-set.
•“A Missing Scene” – a film outtake, featuring Wendy Richard.
•“The Restoration of Help!” – an in-depth look at the restoration process.
•“Memories of Help!” – the cast and crew reminisce.
• 1965 Theatrical Trailers – two original U.S. trailers and one original Spanish trailer.
• 1965 U.S. Radio Spots (hidden in disc menus).

Re: Beatles' "Help" Arrives On Blu-Ray Today

Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:05 am

TCB-FAN wrote:Image

In addition to the digitally-restored film, the new disc features outtakes, a 30-minute documentary, an introduction by director Richard Lester and an appreciation by Martin Scorsese.

Beatles fans: Help! has arrived. Nearly 48 years after its theatrical release, the Fab Four’s second feature film has been issued on the Blu-ray format with a stack of extra material.

The Blu-ray edition of Help! will carry the digitally-restored film and 5.1 soundtrack plus an hour of extra features
, including a 30-minute documentary on the making of the film, memories of the cast and crew, an in-depth look at the restoration process, an outtake scene, and original theatrical trailers and radio spots.

Also, there’s an introduction by the 1965 film’s director, Richard Lester, and an appreciation by Martin Scorsese included in the Blu-ray disc’s booklet.

Help! was restored for its 2007 DVD release, which earned five-times platinum sales in the U.S., according to EMI.

The Help! Blu-ray edition follows the 2012 release of The Beatles’ digitally-restored Yellow Submarine and Magical Mystery Tour films on Blu-ray, DVD and iTunes.

Extras on the Blu-ray release of Help!:

•“The Beatles in Help!” – a 30-minute documentary about the making of the film with Richard Lester, the cast and crew, including exclusive behind-the-scenes footage of The Beatles on-set.
•“A Missing Scene” – a film outtake, featuring Wendy Richard.
•“The Restoration of Help!” – an in-depth look at the restoration process.
•“Memories of Help!” – the cast and crew reminisce.
• 1965 Theatrical Trailers – two original U.S. trailers and one original Spanish trailer.
• 1965 U.S. Radio Spots (hidden in disc menus).

Looks great. Nice to read that a director like Martin Scorsese appreciates "Help!" I wonder if he feels the same about Elvis Presley's mid-sixties films?

Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:21 am

The music is good, but I wouldn't want to sit through the movie again. It has none of the charm or wit of A Hard Day's Night.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:28 am

Think I watched the movie once but can't remember anything except for the sublime musical numbers. Some unforgettable classics here.

I might get this one. Thanks for posting!

Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:25 pm

Shall put my hands in pocket to splash out the cash for this film. "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away" gee, what fantastuc song!!!!!!"

Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:17 pm

Anyone saying Elvis couldn't act should watch Help! and see how The Beatles fair in comparision. Their acting work is absolutely below the par and the storyline is close to zero. Apart from the music this is tedious to watch.

Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:37 pm

They're actually not "acting" they just play theirselves.

Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:14 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:They're actually not "acting" they just play theirselves.

They are reading lines. It's acting. I would hate think they acted that wooden in real life. :D

Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:48 am

At least the music is great.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:14 am

Marko wrote:Anyone saying Elvis couldn't act should watch Help! and see how The Beatles fair in comparision.

I don't think you're being very fare.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:09 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Marko wrote:Anyone saying Elvis couldn't act should watch Help! and see how The Beatles fair in comparision.

I don't think you're being very fare.

I agree.

Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:34 pm

The correct aspect ratio for HELP is 1.75:1.

Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:08 pm

Marko wrote:

They are reading lines. It's acting. I would hate think they acted that wooden in real life. :D

If you have ever seen any of their interviews, such as the one when they arrived at JFK airport in 1964, they kind of act the same, so yes, they are playing themselves, not really acting in both their feature films. I find both very funny, madcap, & silly. They were not to be taken seriously, and come off very well with great direction, and of course great music. Help! also had some great location scenery. I did not like MMT or Yellow Submarine however.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:23 pm

Agree :D