Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: The all NEW "Elvis Movie/Publicity Photo Shoots"...

Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:40 am

Without the fold in the middle. From the magazine Modern Screen Presents Elvis No. 6.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:51 am

New, from the magazine Modern Screen Presents Elvis No. 6.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:12 am

I posted this photo here a few days ago, but now I found a more complete photo in the magazine Elvis, Movie Screen Yearbook #42.

Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:18 am

New photos, although quality is pretty bad. These are from a scrapbook type magazine King of Rock "N" Roll is Dead. I didn´t see these photos in The Elvis Files Magazine, although they have a lot of fantastic shots from this photo session. Hopefully, these will turn up in the next issues.

Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:32 am

Two more photos from this King of Rock "N" Roll is Dead magazine.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:19 pm

I believe this is slightly better quality than your existing...

Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:25 am

From eBay...

Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:15 pm

never seen this promo picture of Jailhouse Rock

Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:59 pm

claude 91 wrote:never seen this promo picture of Jailhouse Rock

I think that image on the book cover is reversed.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:57 pm

Thank you "Fool" for all your latest additions. Most of them are now in their respective folders.
The Kissin Cousins folder if looking great with all that shots split from your sheets > http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/K ... usins-1963

And Viva Las Vegas is jammed packed with shot after shot > http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/V ... Vegas-1963

Your Double Trouble shot is an excellent find, taken just seconds before (or after) the other
> http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/D ... /dt-gtr7su

It's good of you to help out :)

Also thanks to "Claude91" for the great JHR shot- it's a new one for us > http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/J ... /jhr-lbls6

Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:16 pm

this from girls girls girls.....I have it as a lifesize poster on my door,..don't think you had this one

Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:00 pm

matilda wrote:this from girls girls girls.....I have it as a lifesize poster on my door,..don't think you had this one

And you would be correct. Not only is that a really cool one, but also the first one of Elvis with that particular shirt on that shows him from head-to-toe. The others we have are pretty well cropped.

We'll add it in later today. Thanks for putting it up.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:35 pm

it's really cool.....especially when I bought it over a German Elvis service.....he looks ultra cool on it...and in lifesize in your room.....seeing Elvis with that ultra cool look, his hands like john Wayne pose.....and small hips and broad shoulders.....incredible..

not so incredible is the quality of my scan.....since it's a scan from an old paper (not digital) photo some years ago....
maybe I will shoot another one with a digital one....quality should be amazing..

funny....most of the times the "usual suspects" are on the released posters.....but sometimes a really rare one is on a poster...I guessed accident....

Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:49 pm

An absolutely beautiful upgrade was found for "Fools" Wild in the Country shot from his "Elvis, 1971 Presley Album magazine" on page 13 of this topic.

Fantastic shot > http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/W ... witc-st5hq

We've had some really nice PM's from a few people expressing how much they enjoy EPSS which we are glad to hear. We're happy that so many are finding it useful and informative and also so willing to share any shots they may have in their collections or happen to come across.
EPSS started off as a little fun project to do as it was a part of Elvis' life we were not that familiar with, but it has grown into something we are very proud of.

There are some people that need to be thanked for helping us> Jordan, The Fool, Chris, Hilton22000, Dr K, Greggers, Bripet56, Rizzy56, Jinjoe, Jove, Honey Talk Nelson, and very special thanks to Rex Martin. He was our biggest supporter and played a major role in finding shots for us from his collection.

Hope we haven't forgotten anyone :D Thanks to everyone who uses EPSS and gets something out of it

http://elvicities.com/~epss/
Last edited by Honky Tonk Angel on Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:21 am

Bigger and better quality.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:24 pm

Here are two from LY that I believe are stil missing?

Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:26 pm

Bob-Holland wrote:Here are two from LY that I believe are stil missing?

Couple of great shots Bob. Unfortunately they on set ones used for publicity purposes and don't really qualify for the folder. Which is a shame, they're cool pictures. Thanks for posting them.

Thanks "Fool" for the LMT shot. Now added in > http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/L ... mt-swrl4nw

Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:43 pm

A litte bigger, from the Elvis Mobile app.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:08 pm

well, this alternate should be new than too....from a calendar....viva las vegas
makin it 3 with this jacket and this stool......the other in your folder is slightly different with the hands

Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:07 pm

Bigger, from the August 1997 issue of Life.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:23 pm

Your poster photo is a little bigger, but this is better quality. From the August 1997 issue of New Country magazine.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:26 pm

I ran across these w/ Rudy Vallee from Live A Little, Love A Little, and can't tell if they're on-set or photo shoot, since the movie has scenes with photo shoots! lol

Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:30 pm

I think you have not used this color photo, because you have a more uncropped b&w photo. But here is the cover of Country Music magazine, November 1975 issue.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:33 pm

greggers wrote:I ran across these w/ Rudy Vallee from Live A Little, Love A Little, and can't tell if they're on-set or photo shoot, since the movie has scenes with photo shoots! lol

I have raised this same question before. Elvis wears the white turtleneck and the black suit that he wears in other PR shots. I firmly believe these are from the photo shoot. But that is just my opinion.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:46 pm

You can see more fingers in this one. (No, I´m just being silly, DO NOT replace your high quality photo with this one.) This is from the Fall 1980 issue of Personality Parade magazine.