Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis with Dean Martin’s daughters ?

Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:39 pm

just came across this pic on some site today, I have never seen it before.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Elvis with Dean Martin’s daughters ?

Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:31 pm

davide posted the image on FECC almost exactly four years ago:

The Making Of 'Loving You' (Updated)
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=46709

Dean Martin's daughters pictured with Elvis around the time 'Mean Woman Blues' production number was being filmed, Barbara Gail, Deana, Elvis and Claudia Dean, dated around the 11th of February 1957.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:35 am

Interesting to note that Dean was not filming at the time. He would have made this special trip to the studio for his children to meet Elvis. Nice man!

Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:53 am

Elvis sure looks a lot like Vernon in that shot. Thanks

Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:53 am

ranskal wrote:Elvis sure looks a lot like Vernon in that shot. Thanks

How can that be?

Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:59 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

How can that be?

What is the purpose of your reply to my comment? Are you trying to be funny or trying to be rude? I simply made an observation that in that photo, there is a strong resemblance to his father...look at my avatar or look at your avatar, there isn't a strong resemblance. In the posted photo, his face looks wider and he has an expression similar to one I've seen on Vernon...that's all.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:29 pm

ranskal wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

How can that be?

What is the purpose of your reply to my comment? Are you trying to be funny or trying to be rude? I simply made an observation that in that photo, there is a strong resemblance to his father...look at my avatar or look at your avatar, there isn't a strong resemblance. In the posted photo, his face looks wider and he has an expression similar to one I've seen on Vernon...that's all.
Funny, I think. Uh, I was going to make a follow-up joke about that insane rockabilly singer Charlie Feathers. He once said Vernon was not the dad. He was largely seen as a lunatic, of course. That's all I thought he meant. Yes. He looks and has the manner of his Daddy there. rjm

Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:34 pm

Now, everybody relax and have a good night, or morning as the case may be. Time to turn off the Big Smart TV, which only lets me write a few characters, like Twitter. :| rjm

Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:51 pm

Are you sure it's not Dean in that picture? :wink:

Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:28 pm

ranskal wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

How can that be?

I think the Doc was being facetious.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:43 pm

ranskal wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

How can that be?

It's a joke. Laughter is the best medicine.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:24 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
ranskal wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

How can that be?

No problem...I didn't see your famous winking emoticon.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:26 am

ranskal wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
ranskal wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

How can that be?

You need an emoticon in order to know when to laugh? ;-)

Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:53 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
ranskal wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
ranskal wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

How can that be?

You need an emoticon in order to know when to laugh? ;-)

No, just to know when you're playin' or pokin' ;-)

Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:44 am

You know what they say, if you have to explain the joke, it couldn't have been that good...or funny. Just sayin' ;-)

Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:13 pm

paulsweeney wrote:You know what they say, if you have to explain the joke, it couldn't have been that good...or funny. Just sayin' ;-)

Can you please explain? ;-)

Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:27 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:You know what they say, if you have to explain the joke, it couldn't have been that good...or funny. Just sayin' ;-)

Can you please explain? ;-)

Clearly an explanation is in order. :)