Post here your Elvis' pictures

The Jungle Room, 1957

Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:36 am

E sitting in the middle of what is now known as the "Jungle Room".

Image

Re: The Jungle Room, 1957

Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:12 am

TCB-FAN wrote:E sitting in the middle of what is now known as the "Jungle Room".

Image


Um, you forgot this:


elvisjock wrote:Very cool photo! He is sitting right in the middle of what would become the Jungle Room. The staircase over his right shoulder (under the railing) is the same one we tourists use today, when coming up from the basement rooms.

Sitting In Back Of Graceland 1957 - Unpublished
Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:45 am
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=77663&p=1186479#p1186479



Give the man his due! ;-)

Re: The Jungle Room, 1957

Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:05 am

Yeah, baby...

Re: The Jungle Room, 1957

Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:27 am

elvisjock wrote:Yeah, baby...


I care. ;-)

Re: The Jungle Room, 1957

Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:20 am

Oops...oversight. My bad.

Re: The Jungle Room, 1957

Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:29 am

Image


This is the original back door that leads straight from the kitchen. If you were to go through that door and turn right, it would take you into the kitchen where you would see a door which leads to a small apartment which was used by Aunt Delta after Elvis died.... but when she passed away ,Vernon moved into Graceland and used the apartment which is now used as a storage room, but sadly it's unable to be used on the tour as there is no real way to access the room.

Re: The Jungle Room, 1957

Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:52 am

What ever site that stole the image that TCB-FAN got it from, doesn't realize that when they stole the image here from FECC needed to credit me for it, because I'm the one who reshaped and skewed back to its original perspective in CS6 from this camera image below.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=77663

Image

BTW TCB-FAN let them know I also know it's my image because of the unique color tone that I added that's unique to the same image in my topic. :wink:


Also Thank You Doc for the credit, very cool of you for looking out. :smt023

Re: The Jungle Room, 1957

Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:46 pm

promiseland wrote:What ever site that stole the image that TCB-FAN got it from, doesn't realize that when they stole the image here from FECC needed to credit me for it, because I'm the one who reshaped and skewed back to its original perspective in CS6 from this camera image below.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=77663

Image

BTW TCB-FAN let them know I also know it's my image because of the unique color tone that I added that's unique to the same image in my topic. :wink:


Also Thank You Doc for the credit, very cool of you for looking out. :smt023




Thank you, promiseland for you contribution, and Doc for letting me know that this was posted before. All is good with FECC ::rocks

Re: The Jungle Room, 1957

Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:08 pm

promiseland wrote:What ever site that stole the image that TCB-FAN got it from, doesn't realize that when they stole the image here from FECC needed to credit me for it, because I'm the one who reshaped and skewed back to its original perspective in CS6 from this camera image below.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=77663

Image

BTW TCB-FAN let them know I also know it's my image because of the unique color tone that I added that's unique to the same image in my topic. :wink:


Also Thank You Doc for the credit, very cool of you for looking out. :smt023


I didn't know you did all that fixin'!

I only noticed that elvisjock nailed down the spot from a historical point of view, and as a huge fan of "This Is Our Dance," I felt he deserved the love.

But yes -- Thank You for making it look great.

Re: The Jungle Room, 1957

Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:40 am

promiseland wrote:What ever site that stole the image that TCB-FAN got it from, doesn't realize that when they stole the image here from FECC needed to credit me for it, because I'm the one who reshaped and skewed back to its original perspective in CS6 from this camera image below.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=77663



Thanks for your work, promiseland. You posted that on a tuesday and it was posted on this site on a thursday


https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

I am sorry I do not have a Facebook account so I cannot comment there.

Re: The Jungle Room, 1957

Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:55 am

TCB-FAN wrote:Image


This is the original back door that leads straight from the kitchen. If you were to go through that door and turn right, it would take you into the kitchen where you would see a door which leads to a small apartment which was used by Aunt Delta after Elvis died.... but when she passed away ,Vernon moved into Graceland and used the apartment which is now used as a storage room, but sadly it's unable to be used on the tour as there is no real way to access the room.


Vernon passed away in 1979. Aunt Delta passed away in 1993 and continued to live at Graceland until then. From what I understand this is the garage apartment that was used many years by Charlie Hodge who left Graceland in early 1978. After that Vernon moved into the apartment. After Vernon passed away Delta moved into the apartment. The garage apartment is nowdays a part of the VIP tour package with an exclusive exhibition. There is an outside access to the apartment.