Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

blue eyes crying in the rain

Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:22 pm

i wish ftd would release blue eyes crying in th e rain unddubbed in brilliant sound i have never heard it that way :D

Re: blue eyes crying in the rain

Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:40 pm

I would also like them release the version he sang at the Raquet ball court.

It was the last song he ever sang.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:01 am

and they shot me down when I opened a thread about the 77 Elvis losing hair... :?

Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:17 am

Elvis was finished in 1977. By that i mean that he was burned up. What happened was inevitable. Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain is a very fitting song to conclude a momentous career.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:28 am

i know its not his best but still love it though

Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:28 am

epf wrote:Elvis was finished in 1977. By that i mean that he was burned up. What happened was inevitable. Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain is a very fitting song to conclude a momentous career.

He could have been saved if the right people knew how to deal with a person like Elvis.

But the wall Elvis built around himself kept the good people out.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:35 am

ekenee wrote:
epf wrote:Elvis was finished in 1977. By that i mean that he was burned up. What happened was inevitable. Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain is a very fitting song to conclude a momentous career.

He could have been saved if the right people knew how to deal with a person like Elvis.

But the wall Elvis built around himself kept the good people out.

That is what i meant. Ofcourse Elvis could have been saved if he had changed his attitude. Also Parker was in need of money so he should have been severed from Elvis so Elvis would have had the opportunity to clean up.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:42 am

At 42, he looked and sounded much older. Very sad man. His voice changed so much in the last few years, its hard to believe. I don't like hearing that song or any of the Jungle Room songs. Its depressing as hell.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:36 am

r&b wrote:At 42, he looked and sounded much older. Very sad man. His voice changed so much in the last few years, its hard to believe. I don't like hearing that song or any of the Jungle Room songs. Its depressing as hell.

I take it you don't like the later Elvis.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:58 am

r&b wrote:At 42, he looked and sounded much older. Very sad man. His voice changed so much in the last few years, its hard to believe. I don't like hearing that song or any of the Jungle Room songs. Its depressing as hell.

I think part of it is genetics.

Look at the ages of his parents and their looks.

If you look at pics of Vernon and Gladys in say 1957 and 1958, they are in thier 40's but look like a couple in thier 60's.

The Presley's just seem to age alot faster than normal.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:13 am

r&b wrote: I don't like hearing that song or any of the Jungle Room songs. Its depressing as hell.

I got the same feelings about most of these songs ..just heavy and sad ballads...you get the autumn blues..

Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:15 am

elvisland wrote:i wish ftd would release blue eyes crying in th e rain unddubbed in brilliant sound i have never heard it that way :D

The master IS undubbed isn't it?
ekenee wrote:I would also like them release the version he sang at the Raquet ball court.

Yeah...

I forgot that Felton was there with Big red to record this mini wind-down session.

Come on Ernst for the love of Pete!!! Issue the complete Raquetball Session!!!

Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:45 am

The master has backup vocals overdubbed on February 16, 1976.

Has the complete unedited master been released elsewhere except for the inferior sounding "Among Friends" bootleg?

Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:44 am

luckyjackson1 wrote:The master has backup vocals overdubbed on February 16, 1976.

Has the complete unedited master been released elsewhere except for the inferior sounding "Among Friends" bootleg?

No....but we have the complete previous take.....should be very similar to the master.
I love the 76 sessions but not this song,I find it boring/poor....take a pick :(
Havent played it in a long time..........
And dont get me started on Danny Boy.... :smt044

Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:47 pm

ekenee wrote:I would also like them release the version he sang at the Raquet ball court.

:lol: Good one!

Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:53 pm

ekenee wrote:I think part of it is genetics.

I am pretty sure that Elvis' lifestyle was the main reason for the state he was in at the age of 42.

ekenee wrote:If you look at pics of Vernon and Gladys in say 1957 and 1958, they are in thier 40's but look like a couple in thier 60's.

Vernon's hair is grey, but in total he doesn't look old to me. Gladys' condition was bad and it was mirrored in her look. But you have to consider that she drank quite a lot. So it's the lifestyle again.

But back to topic: I like BLUE EYES CRYING IN THE RAIN a lot, but the echo is unbearable. It really would be great if we got to hear the overdubbed master take without the artificial echo.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:16 pm

epf wrote:

I take it you don't like the later Elvis.

It is not my favorite period for sure. His last great LP IMO, is Elvis Country. After that, the 70's were hit & miss, mostly miss as far as LPs. There were some nice single releases in 1975-77, but the albums did nothing for me overall. I never understood the fascination with the Jungle Room sessions. He did not sound good on most of the material and the new material was subpar with a few exceptions (WAY DOWN, FOR THE HEART). An 1970's Elvis would have nailed these songs.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:59 pm

elvisland wrote:i wish ftd would release blue eyes crying in th e rain unddubbed in brilliant sound i have never heard it that way :D

This track may very well be one that cannot be heard in "brilliant sound," depending on what you mean. There are outtakes that are undubbed sans vocals drowned in reverb. Many fans seem to discard this track because of Elvis' less-than-compelling vocal. However, I tend to consider it a highlight from the Jungle Room sessions -- it is one of the best songs he sings during the '76 sessions and that alone is worthy of support, regardless if he isn't in his best form.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:50 am

midnightx wrote:

This track may very well be one that cannot be heard in "brilliant sound," depending on what you mean. There are outtakes that are undubbed sans vocals drowned in reverb. Many fans seem to discard this track because of Elvis' less-than-compelling vocal. However, I tend to consider it a highlight from the Jungle Room sessions -- it is one of the best songs he sings during the '76 sessions and that alone is worthy of support, regardless if he isn't in his best form.

Yep!

At least it has some kind of beat!

Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:28 am

midnightx wrote:

Liked the song and even Elvis' version from the very first moment I heard it - because it was one of the very few "faster" numbers on the FEPB album. At first I found the echo annoying (kinda reminded me of the SUN echo) but soon I liked it. The best to me is Ronnie's drum work on that track. I wonder why the original unedited master hasn't been released yet.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:38 am

luckyjackson1 wrote:
midnightx wrote:

Liked the song and even Elvis' version from the very first moment I heard it - because it was one of the very few "faster" numbers on the FEPB album. At first I found the echo annoying (kinda reminded me of the SUN echo) but soon I liked it. The best to me is Ronnie's drum work on that track. I wonder why the original unedited master hasn't been released yet.

Venus where are you?

Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:02 pm

promiseland wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:
midnightx wrote:

Venus where are you?

Exactly my thoughts. It was neither included on their great Jungle Room-Sessions series nor on the FEPB FTD. :(

I might "remaster" the "Among Friends" version.
I once did a sloppy splicing job by splicing the ending from the bootleg onto the master - boy, that sounded bad! :wink:

Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:18 pm

Over the years I've come to the point where I can listen to and somewhat like Elvis' version. But the ultimate version of this song for me belongs to Willie Nelson.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:57 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Here is a rip of Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain-Take 1 with a snippet of the song America and extra dialogue as included on the cd Welcome To The Jungle-Way Down by the import Venus label 8). Bye for now :smt006.

http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/34601483/file.html

Source: http://www.keithflynn.com/recording-ses ... 60207.html

Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am

If you mean the raw track before backing vocals were overdubbed, and processing done, you might be a bit disappointed. The reason Felton Jarvis gave it so much reverb was to fill out a thin sound. I recall once being excited at the rumour it was Elvis playing bass on the track, but that rumour was unfounded. The great Norbert Putnam was holding down the bottom. The true highlight of the track is Billy Sanford's superb lead guitar solo. Sadly, Elvis was apparently in a not-so-good mood that night, and said some mean things to the first-time session man.