Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

From "Denise" to "Denis" - Randy meets Blondie

Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:14 pm

Great morphing of one classic song into another.

Unbelievably, during a four week stint at number 2 in the UK, Blondie's seminal recording was kept off the top spot by [of all things] "Matchstalk Men and Matchstalk Cats and Dogs"!

Ah, those were the days...

phpBB [video]

Randy & The Rainbows - Denise

phpBB [video]

Blondie - Denis

Re: From "Denise" to "Denis" - Randy meets Blondie

Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:23 pm

Always liked that song... dubidu...

And boy, Deborah Harry... :smt007

Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:15 pm

I was head over heels in lust with Debbie Harry when i was a schoolboy,loved these pics of her then
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:58 am

:smt121

Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:18 am

keninlincs wrote:I was head over heels in lust with Debbie Harry when i was a schoolboy,loved these pics of her then

I was a little young for all that back then, Ken!

But I can always remember my friends older brother having posters up of her all over the living room, lol.

She had such a strong indelible image/persona; which was a perfect match for the terrific sounds Blondie were constantly coming up with during their peak years.

Although it wasn't a mega hit; "Union City Blue" remains one of my all-time Blondie faves.

Such a massive sounding cool record, quite unlike anything else out at the time. Love the line "Oh power, passion plays a double hand."

Plus, you get the added bonus of a McCartney cameo on drums, too. :smt002

There's so many classics actually. Do you have a favourite?

phpBB [video]

Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:40 am

elvisalisellers wrote:
keninlincs wrote:I was head over heels in lust with Debbie Harry when i was a schoolboy,loved these pics of her then

This one is my favorite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udi0-Fhw7g4

Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:08 am

elvisalisellers wrote:

But I can always remember my friends older brother having posters up of her all over the living room, lol.

She had such a strong indelible image/persona; which was a perfect match for the terrific sounds Blondie were constantly coming up with during their peak years.

Although it wasn't a mega hit; "Union City Blue" remains one of my all-time Blondie faves.

Such a massive sounding cool record, quite unlike anything else out at the time. Love the line "Oh power, passion plays a double hand."

Plus, you get the added bonus of a McCartney cameo on drums, too. :smt002

phpBB [video]

Yeah, absolutely agree about "Union City Blue"! :D Love this song.

And I remember watching her performance of "Heart Of Glass" as a little bitty kid on the german show "Disco"... boy, my boy... :smt007

phpBB [video]