Off Topic Messages

VOTE for my brother please!!

Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:04 pm

hello eveyone I need your help. My brother is a new graphic designer who is about to graduate. His school is throwing an awards show to determine the best ones from their top students in our country. All we need is your vote/like in the following link.The web site is in GREEK

http://www.education-awards.gr/art-desi ... s-dhmhtrhs

thank you!!

Re: VOTE for my brother please!!

Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:48 pm

I cannot read Greek, so I will be unable to vote for him.

I can send him a free CD if it will help.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:25 pm

I voted for Spieros Zorba Panatha Georgiados for his incredible painting of a milk truck. Sorry. I hope your brother is a runner up....

Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:48 pm

Rob wrote:I cannot read Greek, so I will be unable to vote for him.

well technically you dont need to read the text (which is a small bio with an interview) just to "like" the facebook link. witch btw it not an aplication so it wont ask you to access your fb profile .

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:I voted for Spieros Zorba Panatha Georgiados for his incredible painting of a milk truck. Sorry. I hope your brother is a runner up....

Glad you are beeing honest :smt004

Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:58 pm

CHR1S wrote:well technically you dont need to read the text (which is a small bio with an interview) just to "like" the facebook link. witch btw it not an aplication so it wont ask you to access your fb profile .

I never have and never will do Facebook. I never agree to anything that I cannot read, whether I need to or not.

Good luck to your bro.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:58 pm

Rob wrote:
CHR1S wrote:well technically you dont need to read the text (which is a small bio with an interview) just to "like" the facebook link. witch btw it not an aplication so it wont ask you to access your fb profile .

I never have and never will do Facebook. I never agree to anything that I cannot read, whether I need to or not.

Good luck to your bro.

thanks for your honesty and good thoughts man ;)

Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:12 am

Rob - there's an easy solution for this!!! Google translate: http://translate.google.com/

Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:27 am

BrianTCB wrote:

Rob - there's an easy solution for this!!! Google translate: http://translate.google.com/

My IPad can't translate it, but if you could provide a translation, then it's very likely to get liked! :D

rjm

Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:21 am

a quick google translation for those who are interested

Papaminas Dimitris

IEK XYNI Thessaloniki - Graphic Print & Electronic Media

Excellent in all subjects, with the best score with the best dissertation.

Make Like And Voted the Best!

What are the reasons that led to study the particular specialty?
From an early age I had a tendency to arts also small like to deal with advertising. After completing my studies in the "Business Administration" of the TEI, I did my practice in an advertising company. There I discovered that with equal interest and the field of graphic design. At the instigation of a very dear friend, graphic designer decided to study graphic design. It is a profession that expresses me perfectly as humans. It is also one of the professions which are still in demand in the labor market.

What are your professional goals? How do you see yourself in 10 years?
One of the main goals is my professional course I have to work on my studies and then worked at some time in the advertising industry as a graphic designer. Also would like to have in the future a graphic distinction of any kind such as eg a contest. I would like to create something that could exceed the borders of Greece and stay in people's minds over chronou.Se 10 years from now I hope to still work as a graphic designer and I have a long experience from the world of advertising.

What would you change in our society?
In Greece the economic and moral crisis if I could change something it would initially be no merit in how to claim jobs. But to do this there must be a responsible and honest government, and finally I would like better protection against violence and crime that unfortunately has reached stratospheric heights.

How do you think the initiative of IEK XYNI and Educational Group XYNI create new standards, through the Education Awards;
It is very positive that the group XYNI decided to make such a move. I find it very good for the group but also for us. The recognition of our efforts and our skills are motivation for our difficult start on the labor market.

They said about Dimitri:

Leonidas Poulimenos - Graphic Design Student

"The first thing that stood out to Jim was the determination to succeed. Easily not accept second place is competitive but this helps creativity. Fullfil always work schedules and was always willing to help his fellow students to their questions because it was and is an example among them. "

Lisa Aktseli - Company Print It

"Our company print it, employs Dimitri Papamina as a graphic designer. For more than a year, Jim is responsible for a part of the creative and the printing department of our company. Dimitri is a highly capable and intelligent person.'s Ideal in coordination of a small group of people. Additionally, an organizational ability and excellent cooperation with our partners. As a graphic designer, Dimitri thinks he's devotion to his job, working hard and specific goals. adaptability, patience and perseverance to new situations is a key feature. "

Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:46 pm

Where do you submit the vote ? I can't find it on the page. I translated it with Bing, but cant find where to vote?

Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:29 pm

promiseland wrote:Where do you submit the vote ? I can't find it on the page. I translated it with Bing, but cant find where to vote?

I think you just need to click the Facebook like button and that counts as voting for it.

Alan.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:35 pm

you should be seeng this but in your native lauguage. You just facebook "like". Thats the vote, its not an application .Thanks everybody for your interest ::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:46 pm

CHR1S wrote:you should be seeng this but in your native lauguage. You just facebook "like". Thats the vote, its not an application .Thanks everybody for your interest ::rocks

It`s actually still in Greek for me but it`s still easy to do, Just click on the thumbs up then it registers that to your facebook page and the option is greyed out so you can`t vote again.

Alan.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:26 pm

BrianTCB wrote:Rob - there's an easy solution for this!!! Google translate: http://translate.google.com/

I never do internet translations.

I hear they are dangerous.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:40 pm

That's right Rob.

I once translated a message sent to me by a Greek woman and it came out as:

I would very much be liking to remove cheese from you manually if you be still and accept my knife.

I went off line for the rest of that year.... :shock:

Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:50 pm

I've heard stories about those Greek women.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:51 pm

Chad Gates wrote:
CHR1S wrote:you should be seeng this but in your native lauguage. You just facebook "like". Thats the vote, its not an application .Thanks everybody for your interest ::rocks

It`s actually still in Greek for me but it`s still easy to do, Just click on the thumbs up then it registers that to your facebook page and the option is greyed out so you can`t vote again.

Alan.

yeah you can vote just once. thanks to anyone who is voitng. ::rocks

Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:42 pm

Rob wrote:I've heard stories about those Greek women.

Nana Mouskouri has some wild songs

Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:19 am

He's got his "like" from me. Seems like a nice young man, so why not? As for Google Translate, I once told someone that I "bought a Chinese Resturant." When I only had some Chinese food that nght! So, they still have a little while to go. Bing's getting better. AND has Klingon! For real! rjm

Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:04 pm

Vote submitted. :smt024

Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:38 pm

rjm wrote:He's got his "like" from me. Seems like a nice young man, so why not? As for Google Translate, I once told someone that I "bought a Chinese Resturant." When I only had some Chinese food that nght! So, they still have a little while to go. Bing's getting better. AND has Klingon! For real! rjm

promiseland wrote:Vote submitted. :smt024

thank you so much guys!!!! ::rocks

Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:11 pm

Same here! :smt023

Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:25 pm

Bob-Holland wrote:

Same here! :smt023

thank you !!!! ::rocks

Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:37 pm

Its official my brother WON!!!! THANKS EVERYONE WHO VOTED FOR HIM!!!
::rocks

Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:38 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:That's right Rob.

I once translated a message sent to me by a Greek woman and it came out as:

I would very much be liking to remove cheese from you manually if you be still and accept my knife.

I went off line for the rest of that year.... :shock:

your a nutter Andy.... :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003