Off Topic Messages

Re: where is Springsteen on your list ?

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:52 pm

r&b wrote:As a live performer, possibly number one. As a recording artist, in the top 20.

I have never rated Stringsteen and any other opinions from people on here will not change my mind. To me his voice sounds like a "braying ass". And i dislike him even more after watching Roy Orbison in black & white.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:22 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:
r&b wrote:As a live performer, possibly number one. As a recording artist, in the top 20.

I have never rated Stringsteen and any other opinions from people on here will not change my mind. To me his voice sounds like a "braying ass". And i dislike him even more after watching Roy Orbison in black & white.

And to think my cousin's interest in Springsteen BEGAN when he saw him in "A Black and White Night". We're all different I guess.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:03 pm

First saw Bruce in 1976 in NYC (not the Bottom Line). At the time he only had a few albums out, so a lot of the concert was old rock and roll songs. I must say, I saw Elvis the year before, and this was by far, a more robust performance and pleasant concert experience, probably ranked in my top 3. There was no schtick, or schmatlz, just great music. I remember thinking at the time, I wonder if Elvis was this way in the 50's.

Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:32 am

r&b wrote:First saw Bruce in 1976 in NYC (not the Bottom Line). At the time he only had a few albums out, so a lot of the concert was old rock and roll songs. I must say, I saw Elvis the year before, and this was by far, a more robust performance and pleasant concert experience, probably ranked in my top 3. There was no schtick, or schmatlz, just great music. I remember thinking at the time, I wonder if Elvis was this way in the 50's.

And he's still not slowing down in 2013.

norrie

Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:23 am

Didn't contribute to this thread yet as I'm not really into The Boss. But "Glory Days" and "Tougher Than The Rest" are among my all-time favourite songs. :D

Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:09 pm

To me, the true King of Rock.

Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:19 pm

Springsteen does factory rock like no other.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:57 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:Springsteen does factory rock like no other.

Madonna does poseur rock like no other.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:32 pm

r&b wrote:First saw Bruce in 1976 in NYC (not the Bottom Line). At the time he only had a few albums out, so a lot of the concert was old rock and roll songs. I must say, I saw Elvis the year before, and this was by far, a more robust performance and pleasant concert experience, probably ranked in my top 3. There was no schtick, or schmatlz, just great music. I remember thinking at the time, I wonder if Elvis was this way in the 50's.

Bruce did an incredible series of seven shows in Oct-Nov 1976 at the Palladium, his last gigs of the year. Among the great songs from Born To Run, he included covers like "Raise Your Hand" and a towering rendition of "It's My Life" that is perhaps the single most crucial unissued live track of his career.

Do you recall which night you attended?

1976-10-28 - PALLADIUM, NEW YORK CITY, NY
1976-10-29 - PALLADIUM, NEW YORK CITY, NY
1976-10-30 - PALLADIUM, NEW YORK CITY, NY
1976-11-02 - PALLADIUM, NEW YORK CITY, NY
1976-11-03 - PALLADIUM, NEW YORK CITY, NY
1976-11-04 - PALLADIUM, NEW YORK CITY, NY

http://brucebase.wikispaces.com/Palladium,+New+York+City,+NY