Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Whats so interesting about Elvis uneleased MONO masters?

Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:43 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:
Matthew wrote:Elvis' final album released in mono was Speedway, correct?
Can't recall what single was the final one released in mono - "Rags To Riches"?



From elvis in memphis was released in mono.....maybe not in the US.
No idea how the mono mixes sounds like or if they were "real"
I think It's Only Love / The Sound of your Cry was the last mono single,we got the mono mixes a few years ago from BMG japan.

Re: Whats so interesting about Elvis uneleased MONO masters?

Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:54 pm

LSP-4445 wrote:From elvis in memphis was released in mono.....maybe not in the US.
No idea how the mono mixes sounds like or if they were "real"
I think It's Only Love / The Sound of your Cry was the last mono single,we got the mono mixes a few years ago from BMG japan.

Correct... From Elvis In Memphis was not originally released in mono in the U.S.
The last official mono LP was "Elvis" from the '68 Special in November of 1968.

Re: Whats so interesting about Elvis uneleased MONO masters?

Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:28 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

elvis-fan wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:I don't have a problem in making a list but I don't have the knowledge to say which songs were really recorded in Mono...

Mike, when you say "recorded in Mono" do you mean songs that were mixed down to mono from multi-track masters and released in mono? For example, Kentucky Rain and Suspicious Minds? Is that what you mean?


elvis-fan I meant to say the original Mono mixes, not the fold-down from the Stereo masters :wink:. I understand that those two songs have original Mono mixes, that´s why it is so confusing and the reason I was asking for a complete Mono list. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: Whats so interesting about Elvis uneleased MONO masters?

Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:41 pm

For the most part, the movie recordings were primarily intended for mono mixing. That's why many had the music isolated to Elvis, the Jordanaires and music.

The only three films released in true stereophonic sound were the 20th Century Fox titles. JAILHOUSE was Perspecta in theatres, which is a mono signal mixed to three channels behind the screen. It utilized gain control and was quite effective, but it was not true stereophonic.

Re: Whats so interesting about Elvis uneleased MONO masters?

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:35 am

elvis-fan wrote:
LSP-4445 wrote:From elvis in memphis was released in mono.....maybe not in the US.
No idea how the mono mixes sounds like or if they were "real"
I think It's Only Love / The Sound of your Cry was the last mono single,we got the mono mixes a few years ago from BMG japan.

Correct... From Elvis In Memphis was not originally released in mono in the U.S.
The last official mono LP was "Elvis" from the '68 Special in November of 1968.

I can't even recall right now if the studio recordings on my german eighties pressing where in stereo or mono... :facep:

Does anybody know if special mono mixes were created for that mono album release?

Re: Whats so interesting about Elvis uneleased MONO masters?

Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:03 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Another nice song, perfect to spend a great evening with a beautiful woman, laying on the floor, a glass of wine and close to a chemeny :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/25152983/file.html

Re: Whats so interesting about Elvis uneleased MONO masters?

Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:02 am

Without knowing I would think it's "Almost In Love"? :wink:

Re: Whats so interesting about Elvis uneleased MONO masters?

Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:25 am

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

O.K, now the turn is for the excellent song: Clean Up Your Own Back Yard 8). Bye for now :smt006.

http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/53133535/file.html

I like it. I think it sounds better than the stereo version.

Re: Whats so interesting about Elvis uneleased MONO masters?

Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:43 am

Here's one from my original 45RPM (unfortunately not in the best condition anymore):

Rock-A-Hula Baby (Original 45RPM Mono Mix).wav (File size: 10MB)
http://www55.zippyshare.com/v/80364680/file.html

Re: Whats so interesting about Elvis uneleased MONO masters?

Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:18 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

luckyjackson1 wrote:Here's one from my original 45RPM (unfortunately not in the best condition anymore):

Rock-A-Hula Baby (Original 45RPM Mono Mix).wav (File size: 10MB)
http://www55.zippyshare.com/v/80364680/file.html


That´s not bad at all :wink:. Thanks!. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: Whats so interesting about Elvis uneleased MONO masters?

Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:34 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:Could anybody explain,why MONO masters are so interesting?


Because then! certain boxes or albums were released like that. I still have them like:

Image

Re: Whats so interesting about Elvis uneleased MONO masters?

Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:25 am

Mike's last two uploads polished:

Elvis Presley - Clean Up Your Own Back Yard (Original 45RPM Mono Mix).wav (File size: 16MB)
http://www45.zippyshare.com/v/39638840/file.html

I decided not to raise the volume on "Almost In Love" as it's a rather quiet song and it suits it better:

Elvis Presley - Almost In Love (Original 45RPM Mono Mix).wav (File size: 15MB)
http://www45.zippyshare.com/v/23573423/file.html

Re: Whats so interesting about Elvis uneleased MONO masters?

Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:13 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

luckyjackson1 wrote:Mike's last two uploads polished:

Elvis Presley - Clean Up Your Own Back Yard (Original 45RPM Mono Mix).wav (File size: 16MB)
http://www45.zippyshare.com/v/39638840/file.html

I decided not to raise the volume on "Almost In Love" as it's a rather quiet song and it suits it better:

Elvis Presley - Almost In Love (Original 45RPM Mono Mix).wav (File size: 15MB)
http://www45.zippyshare.com/v/23573423/file.html


Very nice work on both tunes luckyjackson1 and the hiss on the slower tune is less prominent ::rocks. Thank you my friend. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: Whats so interesting about Elvis uneleased MONO masters?

Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:22 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Here is another great tune with a fantastic range of voice 8). Would have been great if Elvis had decided to sing this in concert. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/53805466/file.html

Re: Whats so interesting about Elvis uneleased MONO masters?

Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:16 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Here is another great tune with a fantastic range of voice 8). Would have been great if Elvis had decided to sing this in concert. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/53805466/file.html


Well, he actually did... once. I know a lot of people here like the performance but although it's a rarity I can't listen to it. It hurts me.

Anyway, pretty cool, Mike! Thanks for that. Is there a way you can upload the B-Side too? :wink:

Re: Whats so interesting about Elvis uneleased MONO masters?

Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:30 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.


luckyjackson1 wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Here is another great tune with a fantastic range of voice 8). Would have been great if Elvis had decided to sing this in concert. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/53805466/file.html


Well, he actually did... once. I know a lot of people here like the performance but although it's a rarity I can't listen to it. It hurts me.

Anyway, pretty cool, Mike! Thanks for that. Is there a way you can upload the B-Side too? :wink:


Will do it this coming weekend buddy! :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: Whats so interesting about Elvis uneleased MONO masters?

Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:44 pm

Thank you, Mike!

Here's the polished version of "Rags To Riches":

Elvis Presley - Rags To Riches (Original 45RPM Mono Mix).wav (File size: 10MB)
http://www66.zippyshare.com/v/15358783/file.html

Re: Whats so interesting about Elvis uneleased MONO masters?

Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:34 pm

Are these downloadable? I've tried, but it won't let me. I like these mono mixes. I really do enjoy them and I'm grateful that you all have taken the time to upload them. I really would like to thank you all.

Re: Whats so interesting about Elvis uneleased MONO masters?

Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:31 pm

I'm not sure if it works via the jdownloader.

Just click on the link and zippyshare will open. Click on this box (on the right side):

download.png


Then automatically another window opens, which you have to ignore and close. Then your download should start immediately. Good luck! ::rocks

BTW, here's another mono mix (this side must've been played even more often):

Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love (Original 45RPM Mono Mix).wav (File size: 16MB)
http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/96706539/file.html


@Mike: I just found my original U.S. Male/Stay Away 45RPM... :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Whats so interesting about Elvis uneleased MONO masters?

Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:36 am

luckyjackson1 wrote:I'm not sure if it works via the jdownloader.

Just click on the link and zippyshare will open. Click on this box (on the right side):

download.png


Then automatically another window opens, which you have to ignore and close. Then your download should start immediately. Good luck! ::rocks

BTW, here's another mono mix (this side must've been played even more often):

Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love (Original 45RPM Mono Mix).wav (File size: 16MB)
http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/96706539/file.html


@Mike: I just found my original U.S. Male/Stay Away 45RPM... :roll:


Thanks very much.

Re: Whats so interesting about Elvis uneleased MONO masters?

Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:59 am

You're welcome. I hope the download worked this time for you.

Here's the title track of Elvis' worst movie from an original (german) 45RPM. The intro sounds like celluloid jam but otherwise I think it sounds a little cleaner. Just ripped my "Kissin' Cousins" album and it really sounds dreadful.

Not too sure if this was really a dedicated mono mix, though. At least the B-Side (which indisputably contains the better song and should have been the A-Side) is most likely just a fold-down.

Elvis Presley - Kissin' Cousins (Original 45RPM Mono Mix).wav
http://www56.zippyshare.com/v/39555362/file.html

Re: Whats so interesting about Elvis uneleased MONO masters?

Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:28 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D .

luckyjackson1 wrote:You're welcome. I hope the download worked this time for you.

Here's the title track of Elvis' worst movie from an original (german) 45RPM. The intro sounds like celluloid jam but otherwise I think it sounds a little cleaner. Just ripped my "Kissin' Cousins" album and it really sounds dreadful.

Not too sure if this was really a dedicated mono mix, though. At least the B-Side (which indisputably contains the better song and should have been the A-Side) is most likely just a fold-down.

Elvis Presley - Kissin' Cousins (Original 45RPM Mono Mix).wav
http://www56.zippyshare.com/v/39555362/file.html


luckyjackson1 that´s not bad at all, I like it very, very much! :smt007. Thank you for the download ::rocks. By for now :smt006.

Re: Whats so interesting about Elvis uneleased MONO masters?

Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:39 am

You're welcome, Mike! BTW, I found my "Rags To Riches" / "Where Did They Go, Lord" single. Have to check out if it's in monaural but it looks like it is.

Re: Whats so interesting about Elvis uneleased MONO masters?

Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:13 pm

Friends, Lucky, Mike, thanks for these great mono mixes, they give a fantastic insight in the recordings!!

Re: Whats so interesting about Elvis uneleased MONO masters?

Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:30 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

luckyjackson1 wrote:I'm not sure if it works via the jdownloader.

Just click on the link and zippyshare will open. Click on this box (on the right side):

download.png


Then automatically another window opens, which you have to ignore and close. Then your download should start immediately. Good luck! ::rocks

BTW, here's another mono mix (this side must've been played even more often):

Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love (Original 45RPM Mono Mix).wav (File size: 16MB)
http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/96706539/file.html


@Mike: I just found my original U.S. Male/Stay Away 45RPM... :roll:


Luckyjackson1 at first I thought you had downloaded the version of Can´t Help Falling In Love version minus The Jordanaires vocals as included on Elvis- A Legendary Performer Vol 1 LP :wink:. Thanks anyway! ::rocks. Find here below a fantastic song, one of the greatest. Enjoy!. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www55.zippyshare.com/v/16532271/file.html