Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:38 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:Candid....

Apparently from 8-26-1970.

See more here -->
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid-central/fan70.html

Re: August '70 Backstage

Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:18 am

That could have been a sad time for Elvis with the cameras gone and all the build up to and the initial hullabaloo at the start of this season. Great pic.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:22 pm

pingpong wrote:

700826_backstage with fan_International Hotel.JPG

That could have been a sad time for Elvis with the cameras gone and all the build up to and the initial hullabaloo at the start of this season. Great pic.

You are well behind the times on your Elvis history. Assuming that the date is indeed 8-26-1970, it was actually about to be a very sad time for Elvis.

Strictly speaking, International Hotel security fielded a kidnapping threat on August 26, 1970 (Wednesday), and someone called Joe Esposito's private number in Los Angeles two days later, asking for money to reveal the name of the person seeking to kill Elvis during his appearances the next evening.

One imagines any tapes of August 29, 1970 (Saturday) would be laced with tension. The FBI was called in, and Presley contacted every friend he knew to add to his security detail.

The sad thing is Elvis never ventured into an audience again -- as seen in TTWII SE from the first week of the engagement -- and he became paranoid and gun-obsessed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Sun May 11, 2014 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:37 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
pingpong wrote:

You are well behind the times on your Elvis history. Assuming that the date is indeed 8-26-1970, it was actually about to be a very sad time for Elvis.

Strictly speaking, International Hotel security fielded a kidnapping threat on August 26, 1970 (Wednesday), and someone called Joe Esposito's private number in Los Angeles two days later, asking for money to reveal the name of the person seeking to kill Elvis during his appearances the next evening.

One imagines any tapes of August 29, 1970 (Saturday) would be laced with tension. The FBI was called in, and Presley contacted every friend he knew to add to his security detail.

The sad thing is Elvis never ventured into an audience again -- as seen in TTWII SE from the first week of the engagement -- and he became paranoid and gun-obsessed.

I was merely commenting on the photograph but I too can regurgitate other people's work if you think it add to the thread?

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:42 pm

pingpong wrote:I was merely commenting on the photograph but I too can regurgitate other people's work if you think it add to the thread?

You've done the best you could, and I hope my enlightening information was of value to you.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:45 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
pingpong wrote:I was merely commenting on the photograph but I too can regurgitate other people's work if you think it add to the thread?

You've done the best you could, and I hope my enlightening information was of value to you.

enlightening only if you witnessed it first hand and had something new to add. Otherwise, sadly again, you are repeating what we have all read elsewhere. Good try though.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:47 pm

anyway , back on topic, Elvis may look sad but he still looks great !!

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:48 pm

pingpong wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

enlightening only if you witnessed it first hand and had something new to add. Otherwise, sadly again, you are repeating what we have all read elsewhere. Good try though.

No, enlightening to any good member of this forum who cares about the man and his music. That apparently excludes you on both counts.

Carry on.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:47 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
pingpong wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

No, enlightening to any good member of this forum who cares about the man and his music. That apparently excludes you on both counts.

Carry on.

see... here's your problem and has always been your problem. You come across as rude, insulting, and arrogant to your fellow poster pingpong. therefore, you get the insulting reply and get back what you gave out initially. Hope this helps you as you go along enlightening us all!

Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:39 am

Kylan wrote:see...

You miss the point, you miss the context, you miss it all. And you're posting off-topic.

But this is what you do.

I replied on-topic, I provided a date and I offered a lot of additional information.

This is what I do.

Carry on.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:13 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Kylan wrote:see...

You miss the point, you miss the context, you miss it all. And you're posting off-topic.

But this is what you do.

I replied on-topic, I provided a date and I offered a lot of additional information.

This is what I do.

Carry on.

you provided second hand information all of which has been known for some time. This what you do. I was commenting on the photo and that Elvis looked sad. Your pathetic attempt to enlighten someone with information of kidnapping and threats to kill and then concocting a home spun myth that this would make Elvis sad ?? angry, frightened, confused maybe but sad?? this is indeed pathetic but sadly not for the first time has this forum seen your home spun conclusions. Still never mind ....

Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:08 pm

pingpong wrote:you ...

Move on.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:01 am

Apparently the photo is only apparently from August 26, 1970.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:08 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
pingpong wrote:you ...

Move on.

you move on sonny..

Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:24 pm

I'm a lady lover, but Elvis actually looks much better than most pretty women he's on pictures with during this period.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:41 pm

James27 wrote:I'm a lady lover, but Elvis actually looks much better than most pretty women he's on pictures with during this period.

No question, he looks fantastic. I don't see sadness at all with this pic. Just a typical backstage snapshot. No need to read any more into it than that.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:01 pm

KHoots wrote:
James27 wrote:I'm a lady lover, but Elvis actually looks much better than most pretty women he's on pictures with during this period.

No question, he looks fantastic. I don't see sadness at all with this pic. Just a typical backstage snapshot. No need to read any more into it than that.

it is indeed a typical backstage shot....what I actually wrote was

"That could have been a sad time for Elvis with the cameras gone and all the build up to and the initial hullabaloo at the start of this season. Great pic."
:wink:

Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:08 am

Yes, but you also said:

"anyway , back on topic, Elvis may look sad but he still looks great !!"

Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:13 am

KHoots wrote:Yes, but you also said:

"anyway , back on topic, Elvis may look sad but he still looks great !!"

His memory is short. He wrote this as well:

pingpong wrote:I was commenting on the photo and that Elvis looked sad.

Not to mention several very rude, uncalled for and erroneous declarations. Lucky us!

Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:54 am

Apparently so.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:54 am

When does he look his best 69 or 70? :smt020 posting.php?mode=smilies&f=8#

Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:12 am

:smt007