Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: The all NEW "Elvis Movie/Publicity Photo Shoots"...

Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:50 am

HoneyTalkNelson wrote:Oh my dear sweet Lord. :facep:

The image in question (the photograph itself which was needed for the website) was a fresh pull off the Life page linked to in my post. That's where I pulled the large image and cleaned it up in Photoshop.

As a comparison, here is your posted image on the left with my restoration on the right. See the difference? :wink:

Please quit doing this baby stuff. It is really very odd, and certainly not generous in spirit, which is the point in sharing these materials.

As anyone -- including you -- may see, I am clearly speaking about the other image in your post on page 10.

You know, the two-page spread. The first of the two images. The one that I just compared and showed everyone on page 11. That one, despite your implication on page 10, is not a "fresh pull." That one you took from one of my uploads.

Again, you love giving credit, so do it in all cases, that is fair.

Thanks! ;-)

Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:24 am

Johnny, with all due respect, you're making something out of this which doesn't exist.

When the question about the image was posted, I pulled the two page ad from an Elvis folder on my computer. (Whenever I've seen interesting images over the years, I've saved them.) It was not my intent to steal your thunder or rain on your parade by posting the two page ad, I didn't even realize that you were possibly the source. I then went to the original Life magazine page, blew up the key image to the largest possible size and pulled off the photo in question.

It was then taken into Photoshop and color corrected and contrast balanced. I posted the result so they could add it to their folder. That's it. I was doing it to help with their photo project, not to dig into Dr. John Carpenter. And I wasn't doing it for credit, points or some other personal agenda. It was to do what's right for people that have undertaken an ambitious - and significant - piece of scholarly research.

The fact that you took the time to analyze downloaded files is kind of sad. Did you see me claiming to "own" that image? No, if anything, I would have some claim to the Photoshop version but that's really not important to me.

Please stop this behavior. It's very unprofessional and rather absurd. This will be my last comment on this.

Now, kindly listen to Dr. HoneyTalk Nelson and drink from the Fountain of Love. You'll be glad that you did! :wink:

Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:25 pm

New photo. From the Elvis, The Memory Lingers On magazine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:34 pm

New photo. From the Elvis, The Memory Lingers On magazine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:42 pm

And one more new photo from the magazine Elvis, The Memory Lingers On.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:54 pm

This is a little bigger than the one you have now. From the magazine Elvis ...Remembered.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:59 pm

Bigger than what you have now. This is from the magazine Elvis - August 16 - A Time To Remember.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:15 pm

HoneyTalkNelson wrote:When the question about the image was posted, I pulled the two page ad from an Elvis folder on my computer. (Whenever I've seen interesting images over the years, I've saved them.) It was not my intent to steal your thunder or rain on your parade by posting the two page ad, I didn't even realize that you were possibly the source.

After I identified the origin of the two-page Life ad on FECC, your only reply was to smugly post a Google link that implied this was where you got it from (we see you have since edited the post). After it was made clear where your upload came from, it took you two more replies to get to the above.

That says it all. Have a nice day.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:17 pm

Color, you already have this in b&w. From the magazine Elvis Photo Album.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:38 am

Many thanks again "Fool" for yet another batch of pictures to add, most of which are now in.

Thanks so much for your continued support and enthusiasm for EPSS. I know we keep saying it, but we do greatly appreciate your help as well as the contributions and comments from other members too

:smt006

Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:02 pm

This is an outstanding thread, "The fool". Thank you very much for your hard work.

I can really imagine why Elvis didn't like these promo shootings.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:37 pm

They were usually done near the end of production and I imagine by that time, he was anxious to get back home!

This is a GREAT thread. I'm only sorry that it was derailed briefly by someone with an agenda. Thankfully, it's back on track.

Keep up the great work, it's important and very much appreciated.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:59 pm

Yes it is greatly appreciated by us too and it's fantastic that so many people are willing to help us out and are enthusiastic about it like "Fool". But I have to mention the hard work that "J" puts into this project after we get any new shots or upgrades from people.

He dedicates a lot of his free time to making EPSS look the best it can be.

It's not just a matter of getting new pictures and adding them in. So much thought and work goes into each and every one, cropping, resizing, the running order etc etc. We are constantly trying to improve it and keep it interesting. And it's "J" that deserves the most credit.

EPSS looks amazing mainly because of him > http://elvicities.com/~epss/
Last edited by Honky Tonk Angel on Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:51 pm

It is SO refreshing to see someone contributing here and doing good work not to score points and boost their ego, but doing it because it needs to be done.

I know all too well the work that goes into photo restoration. In fact, all of the images on my website have received the same TLC. Check it out: http://www.3dfilmarchive.com

The toughest ones were the newspaper ads from scratched and contrasty microfilm. Those had to be cleaned one scratch at a time. Tedious work and many hours can go into one single image, but the end results are certainly worth it. You'll see some examples on this page: http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/home/wides ... umentation

Concerning the Life magazine image that I cleaned up, perhaps my memory is playing tricks, but I seem to recall some color 8x10 photos being used in 1968 for publicity purposes. I wonder if this is one of them? If so, there may be a better copy out there. Somewhere. The search goes on...

Bravo to "J" and your entire team!

Bob

Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:37 pm

The search certainly does go on and lots of fun it is too.

Thanks for the links to your site. Cool stuff Bob :)

Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:55 pm

i was searchin for a picture from the time around 1965 which i am sure nobody saw ever....him sitting with another guy. i got that pic in 1987...but its somewhere in my childhood drawers...did not find it:-(
maybe another time

so here some pics,,,which are not that unknown but maybe not seen ..or at least in this quality on the website...

startin with one colour shot for king creole...i guess, you dont have this one

ps....in your Kings creole section .....there are the shots missing of him with his knife....one alone and One with Carolyn on his side....
Last edited by matilda on Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:57 pm

roustabout (this one you don`t have either, i think, so far

Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:03 pm

and tickle me (this one also not in your files).

Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:39 pm

Hi Matilda... thanks for taking the time to post the photos.

The KC photo we discussed quite a while back but came to the conclusion that they're on-set photos. There's another one from the same "shoot" and you can see something like a door behind Elvis... I'll try to find the photos for you.

The TM photo we have as part of a poster, although I think we could use your shot... essentially it's just as cropped but it's in a tad better quality and without the rest of the "stuff". This is the one I'm talking about --> http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/T ... 4/tm-yllw6

Also the Roustabout photo is in the folder but I can see why it would fool someone. It's not the first time someone did that "trick" to a photo - it's a hugely cropped version of one of the shots with Joan... this one --> http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/R ... 1964-04-79

PS... also thanks Bob, for your kind words. Your site looks very cool... love the posters! They're almost like art.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:54 pm

onelove wrote:Hi Matilda... thanks for taking the time to post the photos.

The KC photo we discussed quite a while back but came to the conclusion that they're on-set photos. There's another one from the same "shoot" and you can see something like a door .

i think you mean the one with the serious face and armes folded ...the same session like this one

http://elvicities.com/%7Eepss/index.php/King-Creole-1958/1958-03-49r

same clothes....exactly same hairstyle....so I doubt there are snapshots on the set....besides....the arms folded one....and mine...are clearly posed pics....and, like I said...exactly the clothes and hairdo.
at least they are less snapshots on the set then all of the change of habit pics....none of them were done in a professional photo studio.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:00 am

matilda wrote:
onelove wrote:Hi Matilda... thanks for taking the time to post the photos.

The KC photo we discussed quite a while back but came to the conclusion that they're on-set photos. There's another one from the same "shoot" and you can see something like a door .

i think you mean the one with the serious face and armes folded ...the same session like this one

http://elvicities.com/%7Eepss/index.php/King-Creole-1958/1958-03-49r

same clothes....exactly same hairstyle....so I doubt there are snapshots on the set....besides....the arms folded one....and mine...are clearly posed pics....and, like I said...exactly the clothes and hairdo.
at least they are less snapshots on the set then all of the change of habit pics....none of them were done in a professional photo studio.

We're very much aware the "Change Of Habit" shots are not from a "real" studio shoot but since they are posed shots snapped for publicity purposes, and most importantly - they're all there is (at the moment) so we decided to add them in in order to have at least something for that film as well. There are tons of similar shots from other movies (ie. taken 'on set' but clearly posed/meant for publicity purposes) but the difference between them and the COH shots is that the other movies also have tons of real photo shoot shots, hence we don't add them in... see the difference?

What comes to the King Creole shots, they're pretty much on the same lines as the COH shots... here are the shots I was referring to;
kc.jpg

Yes, clearly they are posed but to my eyes, they're not from the same shoot as this one --> http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/K ... 958-03-49r
Not only does the shirt look different but so does the scarf - it's seems to be much lighter on the two above... and the setting is much more 'on set' looking than photo studio.

Still, thanks for taking the time to search for shots. We do appreciate it.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:22 pm

This Italian trading card was on eBay just recently. Really rare. I don´t remember seeing this shirt before. At first, I thought this might be fake, but the platform Elvis is sitting on is the same as in other Loving You photos, here for example:

http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/Loving-You-1957/1957-03-56

But what do you think? Is this photo real?

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:29 pm

The fool wrote:This Italian trading card was on eBay just recently. Really rare. I don´t remember seeing this shirt before. At first, I thought this might be fake, but the platform Elvis is sitting on is the same as in other Loving You photos, here for example:

http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/Loving-You-1957/1957-03-56

But what do you think? Is this photo real?

That's a really cool find! Never seen that one and it's certainly very unusual... I'd say you're right about it being from the same photo shoot "set" as the one you linked to your post - if you look at the very end corner of the platform (circled), it looks to be the exact same one on both shots, the other one just has a 'rug' on top of it so they're probably from different days.
ly-odb5mrk.jpg

An interesting shot for sure - thanks for posting it... wonder if there are any 'alternates' from the same shoot...?

Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:05 pm

onelove wrote: it looks to be the exact same one on both shots, the other one just has a 'rug' on top of it so they're probably from different days.

I think there´s a rug in the new photo as well, it is just placed differently.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:30 am

A little bigger than the one you have now. (Still bad quality, though.) From the magazine Teen Bag presents The Elvis Story.