Re: The best Elvis since Elvis!

Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:16 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=73168&hilit=cody+slaughter

Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:37 pm

Elvis was a singer.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:59 pm

I seriously don't see how anyone could like this, knowing the original (elvis)...

Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:09 pm

Jovan wrote:I seriously don't see how anyone could like this, knowing the original (elvis)...

Well, since the original checked out of the heartbreak hotel literally over 35 years ago, I think this guy does the best I've seen yet to give us a vision of what it was like back in the 50's when TV was in black & white.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:57 pm

:shock:
phpBB [video]

Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:13 pm

Couple things...

1) this belongs in the Off-Topic section
2) the video would have more appeal if it was silent

he is purdy though...

Re: Cody Slaughter - Greatest 50's Elvis?

Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:05 am

The thing is that people need to realize that Elvis was a great singer,That's what he was known for!!! I've only heard about 2 or 3 guys who's voice could be said to even be somewhat comparable to Elvis'. This guy's is not! To me,the most important thing should be vocals or it's an insult. Anyone can put on a black wig and the clothes and pretend they are Elvis.But can they sing?

Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:24 am

JimmyCool wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:I think his attention to detail is quite staggering.

But his voice sounds nothing like Elvis'.

On lower notes, he is quite good. But he struggles on higher notes.

Compared to other guys, he is really good.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:54 am

Compared to who? C'mon man. Let's be real here.Theres better out there.He's not bad,but it's no justice to the king.

Thu May 16, 2013 2:01 pm

phpBB [video]

Thu May 16, 2013 8:20 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:
phpBB [video]

Great clip.

Thanks for posting it up.

Re: Cody Slaughter as young Elvis.

Fri May 17, 2013 4:13 pm

JaneTLC wrote:Want a voice? Here's a voice. He doesn't try to look like an ETA.
Steve Binder loves him and is working on promoting him in the USA.

phpBB [video]

Yowza. That guy is GOOD!!

Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:29 pm

Cody and Ben Portsmouth are both unbelievably talented; they both won the Memphis Ultimate Contest held during Elvis Week. The winner of that contest is sponsored by EPE,; it is a fantastic deal for the winner. The winner is considered to be the best ETA in the world, because EPE says so! I admit I do like to watch the really good ones, more important these guys are very respectful of Elvis' reputation and the want to paint a portrait of Elvis at his best. My secret dream is for them to undo some of the damage done by the loathsome 'impersonators' we all despise.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:31 pm

Cody and Ben Portsmouth are both unbelievably talented; they both won the Memphis Ultimate Contest held during Elvis Week. The winner of that contest is sponsored by EPE,; it is a fantastic deal for the winner. The winner is considered to be the best ETA in the world, because EPE says so! I admit I do like to watch the really good ones, more important these guys are very respectful of Elvis' reputation and the want to paint a portrait of Elvis at his best. My secret dream is for them to undo some of the damage done by the loathsome 'impersonators' we all despise.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:39 pm

LAURAW wrote:Cody and Ben Portsmouth are both unbelievably talented; they both won the Memphis Ultimate Contest held during Elvis Week. The winner of that contest is sponsored by EPE,; it is a fantastic deal for the winner. The winner is considered to be the best ETA in the world, because EPE says so! I admit I do like to watch the really good ones, more important these guys are very respectful of Elvis' reputation and the want to paint a portrait of Elvis at his best. My secret dream is for them to undo some of the damage done by the loathsome 'impersonators' we all despise.

It will never happen. They are outnumbered 1,000,000 to 2.

Re: Cody Slaughter as young Elvis.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:44 pm

KHoots wrote:
JaneTLC wrote:Want a voice? Here's a voice. He doesn't try to look like an ETA.
Steve Binder loves him and is working on promoting him in the USA.

phpBB [video]

Yowza. That guy is GOOD!!

agree, can't remember if Jane posted on here a while back, or it was somewhere else....he's not bad though

Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:40 am

I read something recently that the way they are multiplying, in 20 years (maybe 40) every other person will be an Elvis Impersonator! All I can say is......RUN!!!

Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:05 pm

I found this guy his names Silas
I think he's from the UK
Not sure about him performing but I heard some audio
And the likeness is incredible
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.