Post here your Elvis' pictures

Analyse that!

Fri May 24, 2013 10:26 pm

From the British Picturegoer magazine, December 13 1958 issue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Analyse that!

Sat May 25, 2013 7:50 am

Thanks, very much!

I've gone over his handwriting a lot over the years, using various books on the subject. I don't pretend to have studied it, but it is "drawing," after all, and that reveals much about anyone: drawing. I don't know how accurate it is, especially concerning known celebrities (one brings one's knowledge of the person to it, which contaminates any analysis). But it's fun, in any event.

I noticed that the ovals in this sample differ greatly from the writing at the end of 1970. There, you'll see "stabbed ovals." (Y'all can look that one up. ;) )

Thanks again. Cool!

rjm

Sun May 26, 2013 3:34 am

Wonder how he would interpret the Nixon letter. :shock:

Sun May 26, 2013 4:35 am

Pseudoscience.

N8
... just a fan ....

Sun May 26, 2013 10:05 am

N880EP wrote:Pseudoscience.

N8
... just a fan ....

Well, that's a given. Different graphologists come up with entirely different interpretations. But when the handwriting of an individual shows very stark changes, or looks either very confident, or extremely disordered, that's just obvious. I enjoy reading the books; I don't take them all that seriously. Sometimes, a good point is made: if the words suddenly become far apart from one another, and the pressure increases, the person is thinking hard, and carefully about what they are writing. It doesn't just flow. Common sense is all it is.

You can tell when someone is altered by substances, or severe mental instability. But you could probably tell that by just looking at them, too.

It's still fun.

rjm

Sun May 26, 2013 10:15 am

promiseland wrote:Wonder how he would interpret the Nixon letter. :shock:

The ovals, stabbbed, over-looped, squished: they are in the Nixon letter, along with writing that is just nearly impossible to read. You don't need graphology to see that he was "under pressure." (Excuse the pun.)

I've gone over it dozens of times. Every "expert" ends up with a different, uh, slant on what you see there, but it never comes out very positive. And you didn't need the books to tell you that, anyway. It's hard to imagine Bud Krogh seeing that, and giving him the green light.

It wouldn't be Bud Krogh's only little mistake, poor guy. (He did seem well-intentioned.)

rjm

Sun May 26, 2013 11:15 am

rjm wrote:You can tell when someone is altered by substances, ......

'77 EP sigs. and private annotations in his personal books demonstrate this, sometimes dramatically so.

N8
... just a fan ....

Sun May 26, 2013 11:02 pm

The fool wrote:From the British Picturegoer magazine, December 13 1958 issue.

581213_Picturegoer_UK.jpg

That was fun to read, "pseudoscience" (sniff-sniff) or not. What Frazier White's analysis reveals is the ability to ascertain character traits in an interview setting.

My curiosity on this article is to when and where the stated interview took place, and whether it was published. And it would be interesting to learn what Presley thought of the analysis. Do you know?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 30, 2013 2:52 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

My curiosity on this article is to when and where the stated interview took place, and whether it was published. And it would be interesting to learn what Presley thought of the analysis. Do you know?

This article was published in three parts, in Picturegoer magazines on November 29, December 6, and December 13. The part "His Secret Character" that I posted was only a part of the last article.