Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Funniest thing that happened on stage ?

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:59 pm

hi

i dont really remember what was the Funniest thing that happened on stage for you know who .....

could you refresh my memory ? 8)

Re: Funniest thing that happened on stage ?

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:34 pm

Once, during the same engagement, Elvis said "F#ck you" to a member of the audience. Three days later, he called someone a "son of a bitch" and threatened to break their "G*d damned neck" and pull their tongue out by the roots. Not just out, mind you, but by the roots themselves. That was pretty funny.

But that was just Elvis being Elvis.

There are things that make me laugh every time....

Glen D. going into I Can't Stop Loving You instead of Release Me is kinda funny.

Elvis introducing Buck Buckles in Indy..."You can never tell by looking at him that he has a beautiful voice. He's a big ol' son of a bitch."

In December 1976 as he is getting ready to introduce his band members, he says something like, "They say a man is judged because of the people around him. Look at these freaks."

He could be a funny feller.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:39 pm

Rob wrote:Once, during the same engagement, Elvis said "F#ck you" to a member of the audience. Three days later, he called someone a "son of a bitch" and threatened to break their "G*d damned neck" and pull their tongue out by the roots. Not just out, mind you, but by the roots themselves. That was pretty funny.

Glen D. going into I Can't Stop Loving You instead of Release Me is kinda funny.

Elvis introducing Buck Buckles in Indy..."You can never tell by looking at him that he has a beautiful voice. He's a big ol' son of a bitch."

In December 1976 as he is getting ready to introduce his band members, he says something like, "They say a man is judged because of the people around him. Look at these freaks."

LOL!

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:40 pm

thanx for the story
i'd like to know if the story of all those girls throwing their panties & bras on stage is exaggerated ?
a serious answer please ? :smt001

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:50 pm

I don't know about the girls, but I saw him twice and threw two pairs of my panties to him.

I am dead serious.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:32 am

tcb4 wrote:thanx for the story
i'd like to know if the story of all those girls throwing their panties & bras on stage is exaggerated ?
a serious answer please ? :smt001

Oh, not at all, not at all!

However, it was actually 50% girls and 50% boys throwing their panties and bras on stage.

As Rob's post proved.

Hope this helps.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:45 am

In Philadelphia on Monday evening, June 28, 1976, Elvis was performing at the Spectrum. That was one of the shows I attended. During the part of that show where Elvis had the house lights turned on he walked over to the side of the stage where the back up singers were seated. He looked up into the third deck of the Spectrum and says, "Are there people up there?" To which everyone there screamed back "yes." Elvis says, "How can you see up there?" He then quickly added, "If I go bald you'll be the first to notice." That recieved a lot of laughter by us all.

rlj

Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:14 am

I think Elvis riding on Lamar with monkey riding on Elvis must have been pretty funny to see. The same show Elvis singing on a bed that was wheeled on stage. That must have been a funny show but must also have left a few wondering if Elvis had gone completely bonkers!

That closing show in Sep 1973 would defo be a show i'd like to have attended.

elvisonline
Last edited by elvisonline on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:01 am

1969 Are You Lonesome Tonight with the giggles. Can't top that really.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:00 pm

or the funny versions of Love Me Tender & Fever of the september 3 1973 CS show :D Cracks me up everytime

''Bye Bye Papa Too, The Hell with the hilton hotel, and the showroom to!''
''When her daddy tried to kill him, she saw nothing but teeth and hair, she had a deep voice''

Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:10 pm

I always found the scene from TTWII with the multiple microphones kinda comical..

Rob - which show was it where Glen goes into 'I Can't Stop Loving You' instead of 'Release Me'?
I know I've seen it, but can't remember where :oops:

Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:26 pm

elvisonline wrote:I think Elvis riding on Lamar with monkey riding on Elvis must have been pretty funny to see. The same show Elvis singing on a bed that was wheeled on stage. That must have been a funny show but must also have left a few wondering if Elvis had gone completely bonkers!

That closing show in Sep 1973 would defo be a show of like to have attended.

elvisonline

That was one incredible show, to be sure.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:46 pm

elvisonline wrote:I think Elvis riding on Lamar with monkey riding on Elvis must have been pretty funny to see.

That monkey was funny. However, the other monkey on his back wasn't that amusing.... :cry:

Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:59 pm

KevinK wrote:I always found the scene from TTWII with the multiple microphones kinda comical..

Rob - which show was it where Glen goes into 'I Can't Stop Loving You' instead of 'Release Me'?
I know I've seen it, but can't remember where :oops:

Hampton Roads, Elvis says : ''Please Release Me Baby'' And glen Starts I cant stop loving you, Elvis follows Glen instead of the opposite.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:57 am

March 17,1976 Hound dog! he's in the back eating alpo.alpo is our stage hand.

Fri May 24, 2013 6:43 am

The all time funniest moment is the spoken part in "Are You Lonesome Tonight" 1977 --> "pabla blablaa llaa puba lla la ..plus tax"

Nothing beats it!

Fri May 24, 2013 8:13 am

Charlie and Elvis' "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" "routine" from 1977? That was a good one.

Fri May 24, 2013 8:19 am

Rob wrote:Once, during the same engagement, Elvis said "F#ck you" to a member of the audience. Three days later, he called someone a "son of a bitch" and threatened to break their "G*d damned neck" and pull their tongue out by the roots. Not just out, mind you, but by the roots themselves. That was pretty funny.

Elvis was a master at dark humor.

Fri May 24, 2013 8:24 am

ekenee wrote:

Elvis was a master at dark humor.

And Karate! :wink:

Fri May 24, 2013 9:03 am

When a girl screemes loud Elvis asks: "are you the girl from the Exorcist?"...funny!

Fri May 24, 2013 9:46 am

The April Fool's Day show where after the opening show Elvis goes straight into Can't help falling in love, the audience making sounds of disappointment for a real short show and then Elvis laughing saying "Fooled ya!".

Fri May 24, 2013 10:17 am

Is it really necessary to reveal Elvis dark side fuel on drugs on each and every occasion? The drug fuelled rants are not funny and will never be and they are a footnote in the story.

I found the "Get out of the stable grandma, you are to old to be horsin' around" joke in Las Vegas 1956 quite funny.

Fri May 24, 2013 10:21 am

"This is a concert not an orgie please" Birmingham 1976

Fri May 24, 2013 11:54 pm

Elvis doing a version of hound dog while charlie is encouraging him during elvis in concert.

Sat May 25, 2013 12:27 am

Alexander wrote:Is it really necessary to reveal Elvis dark side fuel on drugs on each and every occasion? The drug fuelled rants are not funny and will never be and they are a footnote in the story.

I roll every time I hear them.

LOL!

See there? I just thought of it again.