Off Topic Messages

Steve Forrest (Flaming Star) has died

Fri May 24, 2013 4:12 am

" 'S.W.A.T.' star Steve Forrest dies at 87
May 23, 2013, 1:53 PM EST
By Greg Gilman
TheWrap

Steve Forrest, an actor best known for his role as Lt. Dan 'Hondo' Harrelson on ABC's "S.W.A.T.," died in Thousand Oaks, Calif., on Saturday. He was 87.

A cause of death was not made available, but he passed away peacefully surrounded by family, according to a statement from his publicist, Amanda Nguyen."

Forrest portrayed Elvis' brother Clint in the film FLAMING STAR.

Re: Steve Forrest (Flaming Star) has died

Fri May 24, 2013 4:19 am

87! That's a pretty good life. May he R.I.P.

Fri May 24, 2013 5:32 am

Good actor, RIP.

Fri May 24, 2013 6:53 am

R.I.P. Steve.

Fri May 24, 2013 8:24 am

Steve Forrest at 0:29 and 1:25 ~
phpBB [video]

Steve Forrest photos at 1:23, 2:01, and 2:16 ~
phpBB [video]

Steve Forrest
September 29, 1925 ~ May 18, 2013

Fri May 24, 2013 3:22 pm

He was always a good, reliable actor. Particularly in westerns. Although he worked in a diversity of roles, as did his late, older brother, Dana Andrews. He was certainly an asset to Flaming Star. His presence was also welcome on numerous television dramas from the fifties through to the nineties. S.W.A.T. springs to mind here, of course, but his performances in Murder, She Wrote, The Twilight Zone and Gunsmoke are among my favourites of his.

R.I.P.

Fri May 24, 2013 4:20 pm

He was a very good actor. I continue to enjoy his work. I really enjoyed his work with Elvis in Flaming Star. Thanks for all you gave, Steve. R.I.P

rlj

Fri May 24, 2013 8:00 pm

A good actor and will be missed.

But I knew from the start he wasn't Jock Ewing.

Fri May 24, 2013 8:59 pm

Rob wrote:A good actor and will be missed.

But I knew from the start he wasn't Jock Ewing.

Wow, Rob, that's right. I had forgotten he played Jock Ewing. Come on, even though it is difficult to replace Jim Davis, Steve did a good job in his role.

rlj

Fri May 24, 2013 9:24 pm

He portrayed an impostor. He wasn't Jock. He had Miss Ellie fooled.

But he couldn't fool J.R.

Fri May 24, 2013 9:28 pm

Rob wrote:He portrayed an impostor. He wasn't Jock. He had Miss Ellie fooled.

But he couldn't fool J.R.

Wow, that was a long time ago..., I guess I'm still fooled by the role :oops:
Thanks for refreshing my memory. And to think, I used to watch Dallas every week. I guess I'm slipping in my memory, Rob. :wink:

rlj

Fri May 24, 2013 9:29 pm

He looked more like Jerry Lee Lewis than Jim Davis.

Sat May 25, 2013 7:30 am

I suppose everyone has their time, and he had a good run, for sure. But I feel awful about it. Does anyone really go away "peacefully"? (I suppose I'll find out one day.) I guess I just love the movie . . .

RIP.

rjm

Sun May 26, 2013 5:34 am

I just found out earlier, as I was watching a Gunsmoke episode on Me-TV, and they broadcast a Bonanza episode with him featured after that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 26, 2013 12:42 pm

I remember Steve Forrest as a reformed gunfighter in an episode of The High Chaparral also staring Kurt Russell as his son. Another film I have with him in is 'Heller in Pink Tights' 1960, taken from a novel by my favourite western author Louis L'amour, 'Heller With A Gun'. He was also a gunfighter in this movie which co stared Sophia Loren and Anthony Quinn.

R.I.P Steve Forrest.

Mon May 27, 2013 4:20 am

Rob~

You had me laugh out loud at the Jock Ewing comment. Jim Davis was irreplaceable on Dallas. In 1985 Forest played mysterious ranch hand Ben Stivers on Dallas. However when Pam wakened from her year long dream, the events of that season (starting with Bobby's death) never happened. However, Wes Parmalee was introduced (played by Steve Forrest) as ...a mysterious ranch hand! So Pam, in her slumber, was also a soothsayer.

phpBB [video]

JosephC