Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: The all NEW "Elvis Movie/Publicity Photo Shoots"...

Sun May 19, 2013 8:24 pm

matilda wrote:from one of the magazines on gers website.....i would say its from fun in acapulco

You're close Matilda. It's actually Viva Las Vegas, this one > http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/V ... vlv-yllww6

"J" has been giving the folders a clean up and sorting them all out these past few days and they are looking better than ever thanks to him and his hard work.

Check them out, they are growing very nicely :)

http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/

Mon May 20, 2013 8:35 am

Shouldn't the photo on the album, Elvis Golden Records, Vol. 1, be in the Jailhouse Rock pictures? Looked for it there and thought I saw a group of pictures that it might have been amongst. Any ideas?

For your entertainment, on the Loving You page, about half way down, it looks like he may be doing an early dive bomb routine. Check it out. :lol:

Mon May 20, 2013 9:01 am

I think I've read this observation before but the truth of it really hit me when looking at the "World's Fair" shots. Elvis looks like Mickey Alba from Jailhouse Rock in that suit with the guitar.

Mon May 20, 2013 4:00 pm

stevelecher wrote:Shouldn't the photo on the album, Elvis Golden Records, Vol. 1, be in the Jailhouse Rock pictures? Looked for it there and thought I saw a group of pictures that it might have been amongst. Any ideas?

For your entertainment, on the Loving You page, about half way down, it looks like he may be doing an early dive bomb routine. Check it out. :lol:

Glad you're enjoying the site, Steve.

The "Golden Records" (vol.1) shot should be in the JHR folder - I think we have the right one in, it's just a bit different looking than on the LP sleeve as it's a more full shot although unfortunately in pretty lousy quality. You can use the search bar to find shots that were used in US LP/45 releases quickly - just type in either the name or the catalog number of the release and they should pop up with a search. In this case "Golden Records" or "LPM-1707" should direct you to the shot.

Let me know if it doesn't work and we'll try to fix it.

Tue May 21, 2013 2:16 am

I looked and I guess that's the correct photo. Like you said, it looks a lot different. He doesn't seem as turned sideways here and the face just looks a little different. Always liked that shot of EP on the album.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:10 pm

Don't think I seen this one in the LY folder.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:31 pm

rizzy56 wrote:Don't think I seen this one in the LY folder.

That's because it's in the King Creole one :wink:

http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/K ... ole-1958/k

Thanks anyway :D

Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:15 pm

Thanks for all the positive comments. Yes, we went through tons of photos recently correcting the levels, fixing sizes, removing watermarks/other "extra" where possible and upgraded some shots to better versions as we were going as better versions pop up constantly.

One of the more interesting finds (for me) as of late was a photo from the LY shoot - this is the clearest one we have from this 'shoot' and it was so cool to finally properly see what the clothes really look like, and in color! The shot looks even better in the gallery as I re-sized it for better display here.
--> http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/Loving-You-1957
ly-brn1hq.jpg

We also found a slightly better version for one of the SW shots. This is one of the folders that desperately need more photos and it's pretty certain there has to be more... so if someone has any, feel free to post. We don't care if they're watermarked or anything like that, just as long as they're 'new'.
--> http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/Speedway-1967
sw10.jpg

I personally got a good kick out of seeing some co-stars being photographed in front of a very similar "set" as Elvis was. Nothing earth-shattering, just neat to find small things like this.
--> http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/Roustabout-1964
--> http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/co-stars
roust-altgtr3e-re.jpg
joanfreeman001.jpg
roust-le-3.jpg

Again, thanks for all the comments and keep looking in as we're adding stuff almost all the time.

--> http://elvicities.com/~epss/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:52 pm

Honky Tonk Angel wrote:
rizzy56 wrote:Don't think I seen this one in the LY folder.

That's because it's in the King Creole one :wink:

http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/K ... ole-1958/k

Thanks anyway :D

sorry mybad don't know what I was thinking lol

Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:48 pm

The fool wrote:Ann-Margret in Viva Las Vegas.

I just got this Singapore Movie News magazine, so here is a better quality photo and another one from the Viva Las Vegas article in this magazine.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:11 am

Fun in Acapulco. You already have this one from EPE, watermarked.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:18 am

Paradise Hawaiian Style. You already have this one, but this magazine cover from Chile is a little better qualitywise.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:26 am

Fun in Acapulco. I think this is new for you. Unless I´m blind.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:39 am

Follow That Dream. I think this UK cover is new for you.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:46 am

Wild in the Country. You already have this EPE photo, watermarked.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:51 am

Viva Las Vegas. You already have this EPE photo, watermarked.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:53 am

Roustabout. And again, you already have this EPE photo, watermarked.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:10 am

Roustabout. I think this magazine cover from Hong Kong is new to you.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:13 am

Roustabout. This magazine cover from Holland is new to you.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:26 am

It Happened at the World´s Fair. I think this magazine cover from Singapore is new to you. (I´m sorry about the sticker. I tried to remove it, but it would just ruin the cover completely. Maybe you can photoshop it off - and reverse the image?)

Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:34 am

Roustabout. I think this US magazine cover if new to you.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:37 am

Paradise Hawaiian Style. This 1970 magazine cover is new to you.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:58 am

Flaming Star. This 1994 magazine cover is new to you.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:07 am

It Happened at the Word´s Fair. This one you already have. I just thought it would be funny to show this. Elvis has been on the cover of all sorts of magazines. Like this one from 2003.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:19 am

Viva Las Vegas. I think there are two new photos for you in this one. I can scan these bigger if and when I find this Elvis Insiders leaflet. Please, remind me if I forget to do this.