Off Topic Messages

Paul McCartney Releases Details for ‘Wings Over America’

Thu May 16, 2013 3:20 am

Anyone getting this.? Looks good.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/paul-mcc ... e-reissue/

Re: Paul McCartney Releases Details for ‘Wings Over America’

Thu May 16, 2013 3:32 am

jake wrote:Anyone getting this.? Looks good.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/paul-mccartney-releases-details-for-wings-over-america-deluxe-reissue/

I'm pretty sure nevermind and rocknroller have it on pre-order.

Thu May 16, 2013 3:53 am

Thank you for the post. I am looking forward to this release.

Fri May 17, 2013 10:25 pm

A great album. McCartney's voice was still pristine in 1976. People like to make fun of the very tongue-in-cheek "Silly Love Songs" but I dare anyone to try playing the brilliant bass line while singing.

I am probably going to see the restored version of Rockshow: Paul McCartney & Wings at the Rafael Film Center in San Rafael tomorrow.

http://www.cafilm.org/rfc/films/1866.html

Sat May 18, 2013 9:40 am

An awesome ab, album and Paul is so cool!!!!! 8)

Sat May 18, 2013 9:46 am

I saw him on this tour-

Sat May 18, 2013 9:48 am

I saw him on this tour-

Sat May 18, 2013 9:50 am

cartoonland wrote:I saw him on this tour-

That's awesome! 8) My brother saw him in Seattle during the Wings over America tour and I just saw him for the very first time, this past November in Vancouver! 8)

Sat May 18, 2013 9:52 am

If I had the money :( , I'd be pre-ordering myself!!!!! 8)

Sat May 18, 2013 4:53 pm

Saw him in 1976 also. At his peak then.

Sun May 19, 2013 2:26 am

r&b wrote:Saw him in 1976 also. At his peak then.

Awesome, where did you see him?

Sun May 19, 2013 3:17 pm

ian wrote:

New York, Madison Sq Garden, May '76. Very enjoyable.

Sun May 19, 2013 5:38 pm

I attended a show during that tour at the Los Angeles Forum. I seem to recall that the tour was delayed by a band member's hand being injured. Is that correct?

In the audience that evening were Elton John, Cher and Ringo.

Mon May 20, 2013 7:39 am

r&b wrote:
ian wrote:

New York, Madison Sq Garden, May '76. Very enjoyable.

That must have been really exciting to be there!!!!! 8)

Mon May 20, 2013 7:42 am

mjsantafe wrote:I attended a show during that tour at the Los Angeles Forum. I seem to recall that the tour was delayed by a band member's hand being injured. Is that correct?

In the audience that evening were Elton John, Cher and Ringo.

Through My Eyes: A Jimmy McCulloch Story

Spring-Fall 1976

We were set to conquer America in April and May but I got into a fist fight with an American tv and recording star and broke a finger on my left hand. I forgot the star’s name but I remember it was in a bar one night and I was really drunk and we got into a fight and then he broke a beer bottle over my left hand. Needless to say, after that happened I punched him in the face and broke his nose and he ran off crying like a little baby. Need I say again, you don’t mess with Jimmy McCulloch.
The only problem about having a broken finger on my left hand was that it prevented me from playing guitar so the American tour was rescheduled for May and June. A couple of days after I broke my finger, this reporter asked if he could inspect my broken finger, so I held it up and said, “Look, it’s fine now,” to which Paul replied, “Yeah, we’re going to break his arm next week.”

The first concert was on May 3rd, in Fort Worth, Texas. The show went smoothly and we awoke the next morning to the headlines of “Wings soar over Texas” and “Wings show what live rock and roll should be, both musically and visually.” When we were in New York, we went in one of those Town Trolley city tours and it was great. It was a really cool way to learn about the history of New York and its’ landmarks. I saw the World Trade Centers and sh*t they are huge. They are going to be here forever.

After the concert in Kansas City, I met Paul and his mom backstage. They are both down to earth and sincere people. Paul had a great amount of energy and was aw struck by the whole thing. Mrs. Salley was extremely nice and she’s a very hardworking and dedicated mother. Paul is lucky to have her as his mom. After talking for about a half hour and having my picture taken with Paul, it was time for me to go. It is really cool to get to know your fans on a personal level.

When we did the Boston show, we had just done the 1st encore, and the sound wasn’t quite right and it pissed me off and so I told one of the roadies to tell Paul that I wasn’t coming back on to do the 2nd encore. He came down to the dressing room and we both started cussing and arguing and then he whacked me in the face. I went on stage after that. I played a blinder, according to Paul. After the show, Paul apologized for hitting me in the face.

I was really excited for our show in St. Paul-Minneapolis, Minnesota on June 4. I turned 23 years old. Before the show, I had a birthday party. I love parties. I had a great birthday, I received some awesome gifts and I got whacked in the face with my birthday cake. Mmm birthday cake.

We closed the world tour with 3 concerts in 3 nights at the Wembley Empire Pool in late October. The Rolling Stones performed there in May and their performance were judged a failure but we triumphed with our concerts there. The world tour was a huge success, in Seattle, we broke the record for the largest turnout for an indoor concert by a single act, 67,100 people showed up at the Kingdome and it was the tour was something completely different from all of the normal concerts.

It's impossible to overlook this quote from Jimmy-

"I saw the World Trade Centers and sh*t they are huge. They are going to be here forever."

And Paul getting mad at Jimmy, Paul talks about this on the following video I've watched on YouTube, it's from Wingspan! 8)

http://youtu.be/2YTJCdJ5rog

Here's the birthday Jimmy talked about (including getting the cake in his face!), and he shows his injured hand!-

http://youtu.be/uzMM6nMfPoI

Here is a complete timeline of Jimmy's career up to his very sad and untimely passing-

http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/i ... gh-My-Eyes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 20, 2013 8:26 am

A few more pics! 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.