Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Girls! Girls! Girls! is Great! Great! Great!

Sat May 04, 2013 5:22 am

I've been watching the Encore Elvis Marathon and DVR'd Girls! Girls! Girls! from Monday night and that has to be one of the top 5 best Elvis films that he ever made. Some good acting from all the cast and great singing by Elvis (not Stella Stevens though) but good all around entertainment. Funny as hell too. I saw a tweet the other day from E.P.E. about the movie that it was the 6th highest grossing film of the year. The soundtrack was #1 too.

Re: Girls! Girls! Girls! is Great! Great! Great!

Sat May 04, 2013 5:36 am

Girls! Girls! Girls! Blows! Blows! Blows!

He looks good and he sings mostly bad songs very well but it's a bad movie. I'm guessing it was about now that he started getting physically ill over these films.

Sat May 04, 2013 5:40 am

SuspiciousMind wrote: ... Girls! Girls! Girls! from Monday night and that has to be one of the top 5 best Elvis films that he ever made.

:roll: You are easily entertained.

SuspiciousMind wrote:The soundtrack was #1 too.

The soundtrack album peaked at #3 (better than it deserved, imo).
Last edited by Blue River on Sat May 04, 2013 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 04, 2013 5:40 am

stevelecher wrote:Girls! Girls! Girls! Blows! Blows! Blows!

He looks good and he sings mostly bad songs very well but it's a bad movie. I'm guessing it was about now that he started getting physically ill over these films.

I can understand personal likes, but bad songs? The soundtrack was a MONSTER hit!!! It featured his last #1 hit single Return To Sender until Suspicious Minds nearly 8 years later. There's not a bad song on that soundtrack. We're not talking about Kissin' COusins or Franky & Johnny here.

Sat May 04, 2013 5:42 am

Blue River wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote: ... Girls! Girls! Girls! from Monday night and that has to be one of the top 5 best Elvis films that he ever made.

Says the guy who has one of the worst soundtrack albums of Elvis' career as his avatar. :roll:

Sat May 04, 2013 5:43 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:It featured his last #1 hit single Return To Sender until Suspicious Minds nearly 8 years later.

What charts are you going by? "Return To Sender" peaked at #2 on Billboard.

Sat May 04, 2013 5:45 am

Blue River wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:It featured his last #1 hit single Return To Sender until Suspicious Minds nearly 8 years later.

Well it was featured on 30 Number One Hits so it was a #1 hit somewhere.

Sat May 04, 2013 5:48 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:
Blue River wrote:

Says the guy who has one of the worst soundtrack albums of Elvis' career as his avatar. :roll:

:shock: What the crap does that have to do with anything?!

I use it as my avatar because I like the photo of Elvis, not because I think it was a great album.

Dude, you seriously need to get out more often if you think Girls! Girls! Girls! is a great movie.

Sat May 04, 2013 5:49 am

Blue River wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:
Blue River wrote:

:shock: What the crap does that have to do with anything?!

I use it as my avatar because I like the photo of Elvis, not because I think it was a great album.

Dude, you seriously need to get out more often if you think Girls! Girls! Girls! is a great movie.

Dude, you need to not worry about what I like and worry about your own damn self. :x

Sat May 04, 2013 5:52 am

Girls! Girls! Girls! wasn't the sixth highest grossing film of 1962.

Not even close.

Sat May 04, 2013 5:53 am

brian wrote:Girls! Girls! Girls! wasn't the sixth highest grossing film of 1962.

Not even close.

That's what E.P.E. tweeted. Surprised me at first. Until seeing the movie again for the first time in years.

The female costar was one of the sexier women that Elvis had in his films. Great chemistry.

Sat May 04, 2013 5:57 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:
Blue River wrote:

:facep: That makes no sense whatsoever.

If you're going by the ELV1S 30 #1 Hits cd, then where does "Devil In Disguise", "Crying in The Chapel", and "In The Ghetto" fit into your equation?

In the future please do some research before you start posting nonsense.

Thanks.

Sat May 04, 2013 6:00 am

Blue River wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:
Blue River wrote:

If you're going by the ELV1S 30 #1 Hits cd, then where does "Devil In Disguise", "Crying in The Chapel", and "In The Ghetto" fit into your equation?

Thanks.

How about you do your research first. There was the cashbox charts, Jukebox and the UK charts. If they were not #1's they would not have been included.

Sat May 04, 2013 6:05 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:
Blue River wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:
Blue River wrote:

Thanks.

How about you do your research first.
There was the cashbox charts, Jukebox and the UK charts. If they were not #1's they would not have been included.

Exactly! So why did you post the following?...
SuspiciousMind wrote: It featured his last #1 hit single Return To Sender until Suspicious Minds nearly 8 years later.

Are you so confused that you can't think straight?

Sat May 04, 2013 6:13 am

Blue River wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:
Blue River wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:
Blue River wrote:

Thanks.

There was the cashbox charts, Jukebox and the UK charts. If they were not #1's they would not have been included.

SuspiciousMind wrote: It featured his last #1 hit single Return To Sender until Suspicious Minds nearly 8 years later.

I think you're the one who is confused. Return To Sender WAS a #1 single. It may not have been #1 on the Billboard top 40 chart, but it WAS #1 on one of the chart that counted enough to be used for that album. Why are you trying to disclaim it?

This is the problem I am having on here with some of you.

Sat May 04, 2013 6:23 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:
Blue River wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:
Blue River wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:
Blue River wrote:

Thanks.

I think you're the one who is confused. Return To Sender WAS a #1 single. It may not have been #1 on the Billboard top 40 chart, but it WAS #1 on one of the chart that counted enough to be used for that album. Why are you trying to disclaim it?

You must be bringing these problems on yourself then.

You wrote that "Return To Sender" was "his last #1 hit single Return To Sender until Suspicious Minds nearly 8 years later."
Again...
If you're going by the ELV1S 30 #1 Hits cd...
SuspiciousMind wrote:Well it was featured on 30 Number One Hits so it was a #1 hit somewhere.

... then where does "Devil In Disguise", "Crying in The Chapel", and "In The Ghetto" fit into your equation?

Going by that cd, then "In The Ghetto" was his last #1 hit single until "Suspicious Minds" just months later.

Sat May 04, 2013 6:28 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:I've been watching the Encore Elvis Marathon and DVR'd Girls! Girls! Girls! from Monday night and that has to be one of the top 5 best Elvis films that he ever made. Some good acting from all the cast and great singing by Elvis (not Stella Stevens though) but good all around entertainment. Funny as hell too. I saw a tweet the other day from E.P.E. about the movie that it was the 6th highest grossing film of the year. The soundtrack was #1 too.

I agree with you regarding the film's storyline. But some of the production numbers (songs) leaves a lot to be desired.

Sat May 04, 2013 6:30 am

Most of us appreciate Return To Sender. No argument there. The rest of that album seems better than it is because Elvis makes garbage sound good, as he would for another year or so, until he couldn't keep the enthusiasm up anymore. Most of the rest of those songs are junk.

This is a poor movie and I think it features one of his plainest leading ladies. This one's embarrassing I'm sorry to say.

Sat May 04, 2013 6:31 am

Blue River wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:
Blue River wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:
Blue River wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:
Blue River wrote:

Thanks.

You wrote that "Return To Sender" was "his last #1 hit single Return To Sender until Suspicious Minds nearly 8 years later."
Again...
SuspiciousMind wrote:Well it was featured on 30 Number One Hits so it was a #1 hit somewhere.

... then where does "Devil In Disguise", "Crying in The Chapel", and "In The Ghetto" fit into your equation?

Going by that cd, then "In The Ghetto" was his last #1 hit single until "Suspicious Minds" just months later.

Oh, OK, I see your point then. My fault. I was wrong about Return To Sender being his last #1.

Sat May 04, 2013 6:35 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:
Blue River wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:
Blue River wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:
Blue River wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:
Blue River wrote:

Thanks.

Again...

Oh, OK, I see your point then. My fault. I was wrong about Return To Sender being his last #1.

smt134

Sat May 04, 2013 6:36 am

BTW, what about Good Luck Charm? Going by Billboard, that was the last number one until Suspicious Minds.

Sat May 04, 2013 6:38 am

stevelecher wrote:BTW, what about Good Luck Charm? Going by Billboard, that was the last number one until Suspicious Minds.

Yes... Billboard, but ELV1S 30 #1 Hits isn't based only on the Billboard charts, and that's what SuspiciousMind was referring to.

Sat May 04, 2013 7:39 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:
brian wrote:Girls! Girls! Girls! wasn't the sixth highest grossing film of 1962.

Not even close.

That's what E.P.E. tweeted. Surprised me at first. Until seeing the movie again for the first time in years.

The female costar was one of the sexier women that Elvis had in his films. Great chemistry.

That doesn't matter it wasn't close to being the sixth highest grossing film of that year.

If EPE tweeted that they are wrong.

Sat May 04, 2013 8:37 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:I was wrong about Return To Sender being his last #1.

Actually, you are not wrong.

When it comes to Presley singles that reached #2 on Billboard's chart, if the same disc hit #1 on CashBox then it is not incorrect to call it a #1 single.

Thus, "Return To Sender" was Elvis' last chart-topper until "In The Ghetto" in 1969. ;-)

CashBox - "Return To Sender" #1, December 15, 1962
http://tropicalglen.com/Archives/60s_files/19621215.html

CashBox - "In The Ghetto" #1, June 28, 1969
http://tropicalglen.com/Archives/60s_files/19690628.html

You are, however, completely off-base about "Girls ! Girls! Girls!" It's good, light entertainment, but the soundtrack is mediocre at best, save the title track (a Coasters cover) and "Return To Sender."

Finally, your topic title is quite excellent.
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 04, 2013 9:21 am

Girls! Girls! Girls! was actually the # 13th top grossing film of 1962:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1962_in_film

The # 6th top grossing film of 1962 was Dr. No with Sean Connery.