Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: My new website

Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:45 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
bripet56 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
bripet56 wrote:I just updated my website with a page about the October 18, 1956 gas station incident with all (to me) known photos from that day.
I´ll try and make one on October 19 as soon as possible but there is a WHOLE lot of text to be written.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Isn't this awesome cover photo from October 18, 1956?

570000_Rock n Roll No. 2_HMV.JPG
Elvis Presley - Rock 'n' Roll No. 2 (HMV CLP 1105, 1957)

I´m not sure Doc. I´ve always had this photo down as taken during the Love Me Tender period, perhaps the day he was interviewed by Trude Forsher.

August 1956? Which day?

I don´t have the exact date for that interview Doc. I placed it on that day due to the upper button in Elvis´ shirt being unbuttoned while in the October 18 photos it was buttoned.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:43 pm

bripet56 wrote:I don´t have the exact date for that interview Doc. I placed it on that day due to the upper button in Elvis´ shirt being unbuttoned while in the October 18 photos it was buttoned.

We'll have to mark it as circa August-September 1956 then.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:17 am

I have this photo dated August 56, too, but i don't know the exact day. May be late August-early September, or August-September.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 02, 2013 9:38 pm

Latest update is from 1964.
Take a look.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Fri May 03, 2013 3:12 pm

Just did a page on Elvis´ September 1970 show in Detroit.
I think you´ll like it.

Sincerely
Brian

Fri May 03, 2013 5:48 pm

bripet56 wrote:Just did a page on Elvis´ September 1970 show in Detroit.
I think you´ll like it.

Sincerely
Brian

Cool.

Fri May 03, 2013 7:04 pm

Really cool page.

Fri May 03, 2013 7:42 pm

Nice work, bripet56.

The inclusion of the cover to Musiek Expres is a nice touch to the 1964 page. Who handed that to him, one wonders?

Elvis looked so deadly cool in Detroit back in 1970. The entire page is a blast.

Again, each update is like a little present from you to all of us. Thank you!

Wed May 08, 2013 12:23 am

Just made a new page from March 1960 with two brand new photos.
Enjoy.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Wed May 08, 2013 12:29 am

Great photos !! :lol:

Wed May 08, 2013 1:38 pm

Francesc wrote:Great photos !! :lol:

Thanks my friend.
Check out the new info I forgot to supply. :)

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Wed May 08, 2013 9:14 pm

bripet56 wrote:Just made a new page from March 1960 with two brand new photos.
Enjoy.

Wonderful update. I don't recall this charity promotion, on the train in Nashville. Which one of the images is with Catherine Newcomb? And did the other girl get credited?

Also, is that David Halberstam, future Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist, author and historian, walking next to Elvis in that third photo?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Halberstam

Thu May 09, 2013 6:51 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
bripet56 wrote:Just made a new page from March 1960 with two brand new photos.
Enjoy.

Wonderful update. I don't recall this charity promotion, on the train in Nashville. Which one of the images is with Catherine Newcomb? And did the other girl get credited?

Also, is that David Halberstam, future Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist, author and historian, walking next to Elvis in that third photo?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Halberstam

He's a ringer! Could be! (That's some eye you got there, Doc. :smt023 )

From the website, the young man with Elvis (hope you don't mind my linking the image -- I wanted them side-by-side for comparison purposes):

What do people think?

If it is him, I'd sure love to have been a fly on the outside of that train. Wonder what they discussed? If it's him, and sure looks like him. Nashville is the right place, all right.

rjm

Thu May 09, 2013 7:11 am

According to this music forum's "Elvis Presley Section," you are correct, Doc!

In Bristol, Tennessee, a young reporter from the Nashville Tennessean™ David Halberstam, boards the train to cover the story.

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t26539-50.html

Dunked that one!

rjm

Fri May 10, 2013 4:03 pm

Thanks Doc and rjm for identifying the reporter. I have added the info on the website.

Also Doc, I changed the text to the two upper photos a bit so it shows which one of the girls is Catherine Newcomb and that th eother patient is unidentified.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sat May 11, 2013 2:49 pm

Great site Brian!!

Sat May 11, 2013 11:59 pm

Joe Car wrote:Great site Brian!!

Thanks Joe, more to follow soon.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Tue May 14, 2013 9:44 pm

Newest update is from Opening night, July 31, 1969.
I also added a couple of links in the "Elvis Stuff" section.

Enjoy.

SIncerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Thu May 16, 2013 9:59 pm

July, August and September 1954 updates are the latest addition to my website.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Tue May 21, 2013 9:08 pm

bripet56 wrote:July, August and September 1954 updates are the latest addition to my website.

Thanks for the updates!

Each one of those modest ads reminds us of another great performance we will never hear. Elvis didn't just do both sides of Sun 209 at his Eagle's Nest appearances, and to hear the 19 year-old spinning his magic to an enthusiastic, local club audience would be such a thrill. He was "Sittin' On Top Of The World," with Dixie Locke, Ed Leek, other school pals, the Tiplers and his parents watching with pride.

Also, you should check this FECC topic for discussion about when the alternate July 27, 1954 portrait was published:

First press article
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=76786

Thu May 23, 2013 10:24 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
bripet56 wrote:July, August and September 1954 updates are the latest addition to my website.

Thanks for the updates!

Each one of those modest ads reminds us of another great performance we will never hear. Elvis didn't just do both sides of Sun 209 at his Eagle's Nest appearances, and to hear the 19 year-old spinning his magic to an enthusiastic, local club audience would be such a thrill. He was "Sittin' On Top Of The World," with Dixie Locke, Ed Leek, other school pals, the Tiplers and his parents watching with pride.

Also, you should check this FECC topic for discussion about when the alternate July 27, 1954 portrait was published:

First press article
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=76786

Thanks Doc for the link.
I have corrected the date of the newspaper. Had them mixed up on my page.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Tue May 28, 2013 7:51 pm

Had a few problems with my website but I think I have solved tham now.

Latest update is from July 21, 1975.
Hope you enjoy.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Wed May 29, 2013 10:10 pm

Excelent update, thank you very much!

Wed May 29, 2013 11:19 pm

You´re most welcome my friend.

More to come soon.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:48 am

Fantastic website with articles I've never read and pictures I've never seen showing up every week. I have two questions about dates. I have some doubts about the pic used for August 1973. I think it's from February as he looks quite slim in the different pics from this occation. One of them is with Khang Ree who according to Guralnick was in Vegas in February. Of course he could have been there in August as well, but the February visit is documented.

The other question is on the pic used for December 1971. December can't be ruled out, but I think it's a little too early for the delivering of the poem for Lisa's birthday. As Graceland is not visibly decorated for christmas, except for a lttle christmas tree on the table, my guess would be around his 37th birthday.