Davide

Re: 'Loving You' The Making Of

Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:45 pm

davide wrote:Image
Studio Barber Ramiro Jaloma and Elvis.
The image above, is improved in quality, which I have previously posted, but now have the caption to go alongside.

Also a new photo for me from the set of 'Loving You'. Elvis and Yvonne Lime.

Davide

From the same room as the top shot, this shot is said to be a scene cut from the film (as mentioned in the book "Elvis' man friday" by Gene Smith);
LY SHOT..jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:23 pm

Bob-Holland wrote:This is an amazing thread! Many thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the kind words

From the same room as the top shot, this shot is said to be a scene cut from the film (as mentioned in the book "Elvis' man friday" by Gene Smith);
LY SHOT..jpg
[/quote]

Really! have you got the a quote to hand from the book by any chance?

Davide

Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:33 pm

davide wrote:

LY SHOT..jpg

Davide[/quote]

Yes, it's on page 142......................"I have to admit that I was disappointed to discover that the barber shop scene in 'Loving you', wherin Deke Rivers gives me a haircut, had been cut from the film, and as I sat there and watched the movie and listened to Dolores Hart as Susan Jessup sing 'Detour' I reflected on the detours, wrong-turns, deadends and alternate routes on the roadmap of Elvis' life...................."

Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:43 pm

TONY. wrote:
davide wrote:

LY SHOT..jpg

Davide

Yes, it's on page 142......................"I have to admit that I was disappointed to discover that the barber shop scene in 'Loving you', wherin Deke Rivers gives me a haircut, had been cut from the film, and as I sat there and watched the movie and listened to Dolores Hart as Susan Jessup sing 'Detour' I reflected on the detours, wrong-turns, deadends and alternate routes on the roadmap of Elvis' life...................."[/quote]

Wow - thanks for finding that, I have never heard of a deleted barber shop scene.

Davide

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:40 am

davide wrote:
TONY. wrote:
davide wrote:

LY SHOT..jpg

Davide

Yes, it's on page 142......................"I have to admit that I was disappointed to discover that the barber shop scene in 'Loving you', wherin Deke Rivers gives me a haircut, had been cut from the film, and as I sat there and watched the movie and listened to Dolores Hart as Susan Jessup sing 'Detour' I reflected on the detours, wrong-turns, deadends and alternate routes on the roadmap of Elvis' life...................."

Wow - thanks for finding that, I have never heard of a deleted barber shop scene.

Davide[/quote]

OR Susan Jessop singing "Detour"!!!????!!!!

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:06 pm

TONY. wrote:
davide wrote:
TONY. wrote:
davide wrote:

LY SHOT..jpg

Davide

Davide

OR Susan Jessop singing "Detour"!!!????!!!![/quote]

There is a very brief appearance of the number 'Detour' with Dolores Hart in the finished movie at the 17:29 mark (NTSC) - though not Dolores Hart's vocal.

Question : We hear you singing a snatch of 'Detour' in the movie?
Dolores Hart : That was not my voice. I do all my own singing in the monastery now, but back then there just wasn't the time for me to do that. Everything happened so quickly and I wasn't able to work at it, so someone else did the singing
words and music by Paul Westmoreland.

Patti Page version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sqyC4Qoe-A, who was married to Charles O'Curran at the time of the movie.

From an Interview in ETMAHM 62.

Davide

Re: The Making Of 'Loving You' (Updated)

Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:19 am

Davide