Re: U.S.S. Arizona Memorial Benefit Show --> Golden Annivers

Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:12 pm

Great thread, only just caught it. Am in a rush but will read with care later this evening. Thanks Doc ::rocks

Re: U.S.S. Arizona Memorial Benefit Show --> Golden Annivers

Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:08 pm

JaneTLC wrote:Great thread, only just caught it. Am in a rush but will read with care later this evening. Thanks Doc ::rocks

Thanks so very much.

Re: U.S.S. Arizona Memorial Benefit Show --> Golden Annivers

Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:05 am

JaneTLC wrote:Great thread, only just caught it. Am in a rush but will read with care later this evening. Thanks Doc ::rocks


It's one of the great posts/threads ever on FECC,enjoy it.

norrie

Re: U.S.S. Arizona Memorial Benefit Show --> Golden Annivers

Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:23 am

norrie wrote:
JaneTLC wrote:Great thread, only just caught it. Am in a rush but will read with care later this evening. Thanks Doc ::rocks


It's one of the great posts/threads ever on FECC,enjoy it.

norrie

Oh, norrie, you are too kind. It was really fun creating this topic, it's such a wonderful moment in Elvis' career, one that most people don't even know about.

Re: U.S.S. Arizona Memorial Benefit Show --> Golden Annivers

Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:37 am

ritchie valens wrote:would make a great ftd book and cd set.

Yes, it sure would! ;-)

Re: U.S.S. Arizona Memorial Benefit Show --> Golden Annivers

Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:53 am

A significant time in Elvis history. A very worthwhile thread.

As the originator wrote in his first post:- "Yes, most of the show may be found online, but this performance certainly deserves a proper reissue (hello, FTD?"


Thank God for MRS.

Re: U.S.S. Arizona Memorial Benefit Show --> Golden Annivers

Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:09 pm

KiwiAlan wrote:A significant time in Elvis history. A very worthwhile thread.

Thank you for the kind words!

Re: U.S.S. Arizona Memorial Benefit Show --> Golden Annivers

Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:20 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:Here's one from the day at the press conference preceding the show
Image


Is that Red West in the short sleeved shirt to the right of The Colonel ?

Re: U.S.S. Arizona Memorial Benefit Show --> Golden Annivers

Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:25 pm

jinjoe wrote:
JamesVRoy wrote:Here's one from the day at the press conference preceding the show
Image


Is that Red West in the short sleeved shirt to the right of The Colonel ?


Yes, it's Red West.

Re: U.S.S. Arizona Memorial Benefit Show --> Golden Annivers

Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:24 am

EPA4368 wrote:Yes, it's Red West.

Elvis brought along several of the Memphis Mafia for this concert and film expedition. You can also see Joe Esposito in the photo posted.

Re: U.S.S. Arizona Memorial Benefit Show --> Golden Annivers

Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:35 am

KiwiAlan wrote:A significant time in Elvis history. A very worthwhile thread.

As the originator wrote in his first post:- "Yes, most of the show may be found online, but this performance certainly deserves a proper reissue (hello, FTD?"


Thank God for MRS.


Wasn't this concert supposed to be released during the summer called "For God and Country" or something like that? The Doc was involved in the project so maybe he can let us know what is happening with it.

Re: U.S.S. Arizona Memorial Benefit Show --> Golden Annivers

Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:47 am

Christopher wrote:thank you for your fast reply!

You are most welcome!

Re: U.S.S. Arizona Memorial Benefit Show --> Golden Annivers

Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:40 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
EPA4368 wrote:Yes, it's Red West.

Elvis brought along several of the Memphis Mafia for this concert and film expedition. You can also see Joe Esposito in the photo posted.

Good eye, Doc!

Red seems like he's enjoying the press conference, just another day being on tour with Elvis. But Joe appears to be a little overwhelmed… I hope they don't see me kind of look.

Re: U.S.S. Arizona Memorial Benefit Show --> Golden Annivers

Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:34 am

Well, Joe was quite the rascal!

Re: U.S.S. Arizona Memorial Benefit Show --> Golden Annivers

Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:59 am

Funny story from a number of years ago. A co-worker of mine heard I was a big fan and thought he would stump me with a trivia question. "What connection did Elvis have with the USS Arizona?" And my reply shocked him, "Elvis did a benefit concert in 1961 to raise funds to build a memorial in Hawaii. Would you like to hear a recording of the concert?" He agreed I must be a pretty big fan. Apparently, he was in the service in Hawaii in 1961 and heard about it at the time.

Re: U.S.S. Arizona Memorial Benefit Show --> Golden Annivers

Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:42 am

stevelecher wrote:Funny story from a number of years ago. A co-worker of mine heard I was a big fan and thought he would stump me with a trivia question. "What connection did Elvis have with the USS Arizona?" And my reply shocked him, "Elvis did a benefit concert in 1961 to raise funds to build a memorial in Hawaii. Would you like to hear a recording of the concert?" He agreed I must be a pretty big fan. Apparently, he was in the service in Hawaii in 1961 and heard about it at the time.


That's a great story, especially the part about offering to share the concert audio!

Re: U.S.S. Arizona Memorial Benefit Show --> Golden Annivers

Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:36 am

Great thread. ::rocks