Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis gas station fight Memphis Oct 56??

Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:42 am

I am doing a follow up article on Elvis's gas station fight at the Harwell Gulf Station at Second and Gayose. Elvis and the two attendants were arrested and it was big news. Does anyone have a picture of the station as it appeared in the 1950"s? I know it was sold in 1959. If anyone could direct me to links or has photos from this incident it would be very helpful. Thanks, Bruce Frey

Re: Elvis gas station fight Memphis Oct 56??

Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:38 am

bfrey wrote:I am doing a follow up article on Elvis's gas station fight at the Harwell Gulf Station at Second and Gayose. Elvis and the two attendants were arrested and it was big news. Does anyone have a picture of the station as it appeared in the 1950"s? I know it was sold in 1959. If anyone could direct me to links or has photos from this incident it would be very helpful. Thanks, Bruce Frey

They are in the picture section. Not from the fight, but from the courtroom, and that night. I think it was the night before, and he got his mother the little dog.

Also, read June Juanico's book! Wow.

But you just have to search the picture section and it's there.

Welcome!

rjm

Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:27 pm

bfrey wrote:I am doing a follow up article on Elvis's gas station fight at the Harwell Gulf Station at Second and Gayose. Elvis and the two attendants were arrested and it was big news. Does anyone have a picture of the station as it appeared in the 1950"s? I know it was sold in 1959. If anyone could direct me to links or has photos from this incident it would be very helpful. Thanks, Bruce Frey

Sorry Bruce, I don´t think I´ve ever seen a photo of the gas station itself. I´m not at home right now, so I don´t have my newspaper-clippings at hand but I don´t think there were any photos from the gas station.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:34 pm

Surprising none of the many fans on scene didn't snap a pic! But nothing has appeared. In addition to June Juanico, Barbara Hearn was also waiting for him. June was waiting for her carfare to Memhis down in Biloxi, while Barbara was supposed to get picked up by him. He had two girls going at once, and the arrest left them both in difficulty. Pretty funny! Barbara was his "at home" girlfriend. :roll: He was something! rjm

Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:07 am

Gayoso Ave, not Gayose.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:51 pm

I just updated my website with a page about the October 18, 1956 gas station incident with all (to me) known photos from that day.
I´ll try and make one on October 19 as soon as possible but there is a WHOLE lot of text to be written.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk