Off Topic Messages

Re: The Just Thought I'd Share Thread

Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:06 am

iplayastrat wrote:
rjm wrote:I think I'd better NOT share tonight.


rjm (you got a kidney stone??? For real? That BAD!)



You should share here. Easy to vent or just be silly.
It usually dies a quick death in this thread.

And yes...kidney stones are bad. But thank the Lord
this time wasn't as bad as times past.

Note to self, drink plenty of water.


And Mister Mike I don't even want to Google what you
mentioned.


Thanks, man. :smt006

Share . . . rough day at work. Just got the logistics all messed up . . . things didn't go as planned and I'm bummed. I am easily discouraged, but then I try to play some recordings, spoken word stuff even, and I get back up again.

And yesterday I found out I have to have a root canal. Seriously! Never had one before, and I am totally freaked. Next Thursday. (So, if I fly off the handle on next Friday, you'll know why!!! :mrgreen: )

Right now, I have "Sand Castles" on repeat . . . puts my soul at peace.

Several kidney stones?? Good grief! Hope you're ok.

Thanks for asking. :smt023

rjm

Re: The Just Thought I'd Share Thread

Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:29 am

rjm wrote:

And yesterday I found out I have to have a root canal. Seriously! Never had one before, and I am totally freaked. Next Thursday. (So, if I fly off the handle on next Friday, you'll know why!!! :mrgreen: )

Right now, I have "Sand Castles" on repeat . . . puts my soul at peace.

Thanks for asking. :smt023

rjm



Let me put your soul at peace. I worried about having a root canal
for years after hearing stories about them. A couple years back I had
to have one. It honestly wasn't a big deal. No more so than a regular
dentist visit. So don't worry about it.

My advice would be to eat Oreo's before you go. And be sure not to
brush.

Re: The Just Thought I'd Share Thread

Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:09 am

iplayastrat wrote:
rjm wrote:

And yesterday I found out I have to have a root canal. Seriously! Never had one before, and I am totally freaked. Next Thursday. (So, if I fly off the handle on next Friday, you'll know why!!! :mrgreen: )

Right now, I have "Sand Castles" on repeat . . . puts my soul at peace.

Thanks for asking. :smt023

rjm



Let me put your soul at peace. I worried about having a root canal
for years after hearing stories about them. A couple years back I had
to have one. It honestly wasn't a big deal. No more so than a regular
dentist visit. So don't worry about it.

My advice would be to eat Oreo's before you go. And be sure not to
brush.


:smt005

I'll remember that. (Actually, I'd better have some chocolate, because I probably won't be eating for a while.)

Thanks. It was like getting hit by a ton of bricks. I feel somewhat better now. :)

rjm

Re: The Just Thought I'd Share Thread

Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:33 am

It's Record Store Day!!!

How I wish I lived closer to Nashville.
I would go to Third Man Records and
purchase some really cool vinyl.

I'm a seventh son.

Re: The Just Thought I'd Share Thread

Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:35 am

It was a Jack White, White Stripes, Johnny Cash and Dwight Yoakam
kind of day. And I'm thinking another guitar setup is due.


Note Duffy was played during a guitar break.

Re: The Just Thought I'd Share Thread

Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:08 am

At this time tomorrow night, I will be mute. The endodontist will have silenced me.

{I hear applause in the distance}

But I may well be able to type! :!:

rjm
::rocks

Re: The Just Thought I'd Share Thread

Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:35 am

rjm wrote:At this time tomorrow night, I will be mute...

rjm
::rocks



I hope you're doing good rjm.

Re: The Just Thought I'd Share Thread

Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:52 am

iplayastrat wrote:
rjm wrote:At this time tomorrow night, I will be mute...

rjm
::rocks



I hope you're doing good rjm.


I'm okay, but he wouldn't do it: he wants the tooth pulled. :(

Since I'm having periodontal surgery soon, they may pull it when I'm unconscious. {very sad} Then I would need an implant.

I used to have teeth like iron, but something happened in 2001. PM me if you wanna know.Ruined my bones/teeth. A doctor prescribed a bad medication. That's all for here.

But I'm okay.

Thanks for asking. You're a cool guy.:)

rjm

Re: The Just Thought I'd Share Thread

Thu May 16, 2013 4:29 am

rjm wrote:
iplayastrat wrote:
rjm wrote:At this time tomorrow night, I will be mute...

I hope you're doing good rjm.


I'm okay, but he wouldn't do it: he wants the tooth pulled. :(

Thanks for asking. You're a cool guy.:)

rjm



Sorry to hear about your problem. Hope everything works out.
I know those dentist visits are expensive.

And you're right, I am a cool guy.

Re: The Just Thought I'd Share Thread

Mon May 20, 2013 3:27 am

This place (off topic) kind of dies out without
any political threads.

Could be good or bad, but it sure is boring.

Now, back to my guitar.

Re: The Just Thought I'd Share Thread

Mon May 20, 2013 5:09 am

iplayastrat wrote:This place (off topic) kind of dies out without
any political threads.

Could be good or bad, but it sure is boring.

Now, back to my guitar.


I really don't wanna talk about that umbrella! LOL!

rjm

P.S. -- I don't even like umbrellas. They always hit me in the eye when people open 'em up. I use a slicker with a hood. Just thought I'd share. ;)

Re: The Just Thought I'd Share Thread

Mon May 20, 2013 7:04 am

rjm wrote:I really don't wanna talk about that umbrella! LOL!

rjm

P.S. -- I don't even like umbrellas. They always hit me in the eye when people open 'em up. I use a slicker with a hood. Just thought I'd share. ;)



What?

Re: The Just Thought I'd Share Thread

Mon May 20, 2013 8:44 am

iplayastrat wrote:
rjm wrote:I really don't wanna talk about that umbrella! LOL!

rjm

P.S. -- I don't even like umbrellas. They always hit me in the eye when people open 'em up. I use a slicker with a hood. Just thought I'd share. ;)



What?


You haven't been keeping up! There's a whole brouhaha over a U.S. Marine holding an umbrella over the President. I think Sarah Palin got upset about it. And then someone found a picture of her where someone was holding an umbrella over her, coming off an airplane . . . and lots of pictures all over the 'net of former Presidents and umbrellas!

Look around, you'll see! Slower newsweek than you think! LOL!

The "Umbrella Story." http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-puts-marines-on-umbrella-duty-irking-conservatives/2013/05/17/cad75a5a-bf0f-11e2-97d4-a479289a31f9_story.html

Like I said, I don't like 'em. If a Marine tried to open one over me, I might elbow him. "Get that thing away from me!" (Unless he was good looking, not terribly young, and independently wealthy. And a good cook.)

rjm

Re: The Just Thought I'd Share Thread

Mon May 20, 2013 10:31 am

rjm wrote:
You haven't been keeping up! There's a whole brouhaha over a U.S. Marine holding an umbrella over the President.

rjm



Oh yeah! Forgot about that. There's enough "real" news out there
for that not to even be mentioned by any of the press.

Btw,
They ought to ban umbrellas at sporting events. There's just not
enough room.

Re: The Just Thought I'd Share Thread

Mon May 20, 2013 9:22 pm

JTIS:























IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!
I'M 37.....

Re: The Just Thought I'd Share Thread

Tue May 21, 2013 7:38 am

Tony Trout wrote:JTIS:























IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!
I'M 37.....


Oh, really? ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Tony!!!!!!!!!

Hope you had a wonderful day.

:grin:

rjm


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Re: The Just Thought I'd Share Thread

Tue May 21, 2013 7:42 am

iplayastrat wrote:
rjm wrote:
You haven't been keeping up! There's a whole brouhaha over a U.S. Marine holding an umbrella over the President.

rjm



Oh yeah! Forgot about that. There's enough "real" news out there
for that not to even be mentioned by any of the press.

Btw,
They ought to ban umbrellas at sporting events. There's just not
enough room.


When I used to walk around in NYC, people would pop 'em open without warning, often poking me in the eye!

I do not own one.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Re: The Just Thought I'd Share Thread

Tue May 21, 2013 7:55 am

Tony Trout wrote:JTIS:

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!
I'M 37.....



Happy birthday dude.

RJM is much older than you.

Re: The Just Thought I'd Share Thread

Tue May 21, 2013 8:10 am

iplayastrat wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:JTIS:

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!
I'M 37.....



Happy birthday dude.

RJM is much older than you.


:o :shock:

rjm


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Re: The Just Thought I'd Share Thread

Tue May 21, 2013 12:21 pm

rjm wrote:
iplayastrat wrote:

RJM is much older than you.


:o :shock:

rjm



It's cool. I'm older than him too.

Re: The Just Thought I'd Share Thread

Tue May 21, 2013 5:59 pm

iplayastrat wrote:
rjm wrote:
iplayastrat wrote:

RJM is much older than you.


:o :shock:

rjm



It's cool. I'm older than him too.



IPAS: Did you think I was going to ask RJM on a date or something? :?

Re: The Just Thought I'd Share Thread

Wed May 22, 2013 7:01 am

Tony Trout wrote:
IPAS: Did you think I was going to ask RJM on a date or something? :?



Hey Tony, I consider you and RJM friends. But if y'all are
having a "thing" that's none of my business.

Re: The Just Thought I'd Share Thread

Wed May 22, 2013 8:43 am

iplayastrat wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:
IPAS: Did you think I was going to ask RJM on a date or something? :?



Hey Tony, I consider you and RJM friends. But if y'all are
having a "thing" that's none of my business.


I go away for a few hours, and all heck breaks loose!

;)

rjm


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Re: The Just Thought I'd Share Thread

Wed May 22, 2013 8:46 am

Tony Trout wrote:
iplayastrat wrote:
rjm wrote:
iplayastrat wrote:

RJM is much older than you.


:o :shock:

rjm



It's cool. I'm older than him too.



IPAS: Did you think I was going to ask RJM on a date or something? :?


Yeah, it would really be a shocker for some guy to do that! ;)

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Re: The Just Thought I'd Share Thread

Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:08 am

Cannabis Rex and Tubes...sweet.