Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

My Boy (1 liner) - My Way (footage & Sound)

Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:06 pm

Here is a clip of february 12 1977. I listened to the show today, while the pics show a sick elvis, the concert is still quite good.

phpBB [video]

Also elvis sung a 1 liner of my boy especially for the doc!

Re: My Boy (1 liner) - My Way (footage & Sound)

Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:11 pm

Thanks for posting. I was there at that show. For anyone who knows. Is "Hot Time In Miami" the only live release of this show? Would be cool to have a soundboard of the best show (performance not lookwise) of that 1st tour of 1977.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:37 pm

Juan Luis wrote:Thanks for posting. I was there at that show. For anyone who knows. Is "Hot Time In Miami" the only live release of this show? Would be cool to have a soundboard of the best show (performance not lookwise) of that 1st tour of 1977.

uhm keith flynn's site says that a soundboard does exist, it just needs to be found. and i agree i would like this one on soundboard to

Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:53 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:Here is a clip of february 12 1977. I listened to the show today, while the pics show a sick elvis, the concert is still quite good.

phpBB [video]

It is a shame it was only a one-liner.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:48 am

I can't tell he's sick from this video. :D Seriously, I always thought this was one of the better and more complete concert videos going around in the late 70's - early 80's.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:55 am

He definitely sounded better during this show than the day after (as on "Coming On Strong") where his vocals are downright painful. Only redeeming thing from that mess was an akward piano accompaniment to "Blueberry Hill" which brings a smile to my face (like in "what the hell was Tony thinking"?) :wink:

Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:16 am

I like this concert and it's setlist. Elvis guitar strap breaks off during the end of See see rider so elvis improvised some moves by holding it out in the air.
and i got a woman-amen was sung without the guitar

Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:19 am

Elvis does 22 songs here (I only count Early Morning Rain, Love Letters and School days from the band introductions as songs) leaving out the band intro's. Quite much for a 1977 show

Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:26 am

He could be up and running one day, and the next show sleepwalking in 1977. But I rather like this particular show too.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:51 am

Johnny2523 wrote:Elvis does 22 songs here (I only count Early Morning Rain, Love Letters and School days from the band introductions as songs) leaving out the band intro's. Quite much for a 1977 show

You are inflating the actual program. For example, "School Day" shouldn't be credited as an "Elvis performance."

Elvis did 20 songs that evening.

Elvis Presley
Hollywood Sportatorium, Hollywood, FL
Saturday, February 12, 1977

Introduction: Also Spake Tharathustra
C.C. Rider
I Got A Woman / Amen
Love Me
If You Love Me (Let Me Know)
You Gave Me A Mountain
Jailhouse Rock
O Sole Mio / It's Now Or Never
All Shook Up
Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel

My Boy (one-liner) / My Way
Little Sister
Help Me
Polk Salad Annie

Introductions by Elvis of singers, musicians, orchestra
Early Morning Rain (John Wilkinson)
What'd I Say (James Burton)
Johnny B. Goode (James Burton)
Drum solo (Ronnie Tutt)
Bass solo (Jerry Scheff)
Two Miles Pike (Tony Brown)
Love Letters (David Briggs)
School Day (Joe Guercio Orchestra)
Hurt
Hound Dog
Funny How Time Slips Away
Unchained Melody
Can't Help Falling In Love

Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:37 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:Here is a clip of february 12 1977. I listened to the show today, while the pics show a sick elvis, the concert is still quite good.

phpBB [video]

It is a shame it was only a one-liner.

Kinda funny. Elvis did the one liner as a joke knowing it would become one in the TWILIGHT ZONE! ::rocks

Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:38 am

Did David Briggs make it through this whole tour?

Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:07 am

stevelecher wrote:Did David Briggs make it through this whole tour?

Yup. His final "Love Letters" was done on 2-21-1977.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:18 am

From the Crazy Canuck on this very site:

On February 13th, 1977 in West Palm Beach, Fla. we went around the pool to relax and benefit from the Sunshine State weather, however while talking about different things with my friend ,Ronnie Tutt and Jerry Scheff who were right beside us began to play an audio-tape, and surprise surprise we were hearing the February 12th, 1977 Hollywood show my friends and I attended the night before with perfect sound quality, although after the beginning of " I Got A Woman " Ronnie stopped playing it as many fans started to gather around them.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:09 am

Yes indeed i'm afraid the footage shown is quite a poor copy of stuff i have seen about 40 minutes from Feb 12th in a better quality, but the 'source' of the footage doesn't want it released!~ which is why the majority of Feb 77' tour footage isn't on the final curtain boxed set.lt's my opinion is that Feb 12th & 13th shows were pretty awful Particularly Elvis's poor voice-as heard on unchained melody -with an aborted ending.He tried and over weight but it just isn't working. Thankfully voice and looks seemed to improve from Feb 14th onwards. :? 8)

Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:28 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:Elvis does 22 songs here (I only count Early Morning Rain, Love Letters and School days from the band introductions as songs) leaving out the band intro's. Quite much for a 1977 show

You are inflating the actual program. For example, "School Day" shouldn't be credited as an "Elvis performance."

Elvis Presley

C.C. Rider
I Got A Woman / Amen
Love Me
You Gave Me A Mountain
Jailhouse Rock
All Shook Up

Little Sister
Help Me
Polk Salad Annie

Drum solo (Ronnie Tutt)
Bass solo (Jerry Scheff)
Hurt
Hound Dog
Unchained Melody

And there were the few lines of "Wooden Heart" before "Unchained Melody". :wink:

Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:50 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Elvis Presley

C.C. Rider
I Got A Woman / Amen
Love Me
You Gave Me A Mountain
Jailhouse Rock
All Shook Up

Little Sister
Help Me
Polk Salad Annie

Drum solo (Ronnie Tutt)
Bass solo (Jerry Scheff)
Hurt
Hound Dog
Unchained Melody

I always count School days as a song elvis sang to as he usually sings throughout the whole track ''hail hail rock & roll''.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:25 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:I always count School days as a song elvis sang to as he usually sings throughout the whole track ''hail hail rock & roll''.

There is only one.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:03 pm

What a let down it must have been for the audience. For one split second they thought a rousing rendition of the international smash My Boy was coming.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:05 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
stevelecher wrote:Did David Briggs make it through this whole tour?

Yup. His final "Love Letters" was done on 2-21-1977.

That's right, and the question is, when did Elvis unplug him in anger over the Linda Thompson relatonship? Briggs says (Careless Love) right at the beginning of a show, before Elvis gets into See See Rider. We're getting the impression that it is in one of the shows in February, but if it incident occured at all it must have been at the END of the last show on the tour. Or maybe at the beginning of the first show on the next tour?

Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:26 pm

phpBB [video]

It is nowhere near good. We hear an unconvinsing My Way and we see a shadow of Elvis Presley struggeling with sheet music to make it through the song. It is a very sad clip.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:36 pm

I actually wonder if it happened at all, the tour is well documented and haven't seen any proof of Elvis unplugging Briggs.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:38 pm

Elvis tripped over the cord and unplugged it by mistake making his way to center stage.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:43 pm

Elvis in Feb was upbeat but out of breath and hoarse.
Compared to Dec a major drop and the Miami show wasn't the best of the tour I guess?

That said, Juan Luis you're so lucky you were in the same arena with Elvis, even in 1977.
I'm sure no 8mm footage, picture or soundboard or audience recording captures the feeling of being in the same building with our man.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:35 am

Alexander wrote:

phpBB [video]

It is nowhere near good. We hear an unconvinsing My Way and we see a shadow of Elvis Presley struggeling with sheet music to make it through the song. It is a very sad clip.

Elvis using sheet music for My Way is no different in this show than the rest of the shows he did this year. It was part of the act.