Post here your Elvis' pictures

Need help with image

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:20 pm

Maybe someone can help me with this image. Is this the wedding photo of Vernon and Gladys? Does anyone have more information about it? First publication and in which book I can find it?

parents.jpg

Re: Need help with image

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:41 am

Winston wrote:Maybe someone can help me with this image. Is this the wedding photo of Vernon and Gladys? Does anyone have more information about it? First publication and in which book I can find it?

parents.jpg

Vernon looks like a burn victim.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:41 am

I've seen it "confirmed" on Facebook by a Tupelo site that it IS the wedding photo, but . . . it's Facebook. You never know. I have not seen this in a book, but perhaps someone has. Only on the 'net.

I think maybe Vernon looks SO bad, so completely unnatural (look at the mouth - his lips, the seeming line on the face), that a damaged photograph was "repaired" badly. Those could have been rips, scratches, and crumples in the photo that have been "smoothed out." And very badly. I mean, no one could actually LOOK quite like that, right?

If anyone possibly has access to where it was originally found, that would be extremely cool! (This has been in circulation on the 'net quite a bit, lately.)

rjm

Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:58 am

Here's a slightly better version

parents.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:05 pm

rjm wrote: ...If anyone possibly has access to where it was originally found, that would be extremely cool!...

Yes, it is so sad, that the Pictures in the web have no Dates. Don't know, why they scan them and put no Information with them. :(

Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:07 pm

piretos wrote: ...a slightly better Version...

Thank You for this on! ::rocks

Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:31 am

piretos wrote:Here's a slightly better version

parents.jpg

Not slightly better, much better!

Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:39 am

I see the Ricin suspect was wearing them on his shirt. Breaking news says the FBI have let him go. They had the wrong man. Yeah! 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:01 am

piretos wrote:Here's a slightly better version

this looks very photoshopped and doctored to me (just look at the nose, lips and teeth, compared to the original) and has fake written all over it!