Off Topic Messages

Rolf Harris Arrested in Yewtree Investigation

Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:44 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22212131

If true, quite a shock.

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested in Yewtree Investigation

Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:51 am

This has been on the gossip vine for sometime. As yet, the media have refused to name the high profile Australian recently arrested. If true it's a disgrace. If not, his reputation will be in tatters. Let's wait and see.....

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested in Yewtree Investigation

Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:08 am

londonflash wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22212131

If true, quite a shock.


It is !

Just imagine having past transgressions coming back to bite you when you're in your eighties !

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested in Yewtree Investigation

Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:03 pm

"Can you tell what it is yet?"

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested in Yewtree Investigation

Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:03 pm

It gives a whole new meaning to "Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport" ...

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested in Yewtree Investigation

Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:05 pm

If he is convicted he should be shipped out to Australia.....oh wait he comes from there.

It is a surprise.

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested in Yewtree Investigation

Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:54 pm

With Savile, there was always something offputting and creepy about him. But Rolf?!?! I really hope he hasn't been playing his didgeridoo in A minor.

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested in Yewtree Investigation

Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:43 pm

We've had all the obvious jokes, but nobody has mentioned "Two Little Boys" yet. You all need to up your game considerably.

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested in Yewtree Investigation

Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:48 pm

God I hope not! He's one of my favourites!

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested in Yewtree Investigation

Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:51 pm

ColinB wrote:Just imagine having past transgressions coming back to bite you when you're in your eighties !

Colin

You must be approaching your eighties. Your arse must be twitching every time there's a knock at the door? :shock:

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested in Yewtree Investigation

Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:05 pm

I don't think it would be Colin's arse twitching.

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested in Yewtree Investigation

Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:38 pm

Delboy wrote:
ColinB wrote:Just imagine having past transgressions coming back to bite you when you're in your eighties !

Colin

You must be approaching your eighties. Your arse must be twitching every time there's a knock at the door? :shock:


I've only just scraped into my seventies, actually.

And there are no skeletons in my cupboard !

The only under-age girl I've ever been involved with ended up as my wife, so no problem there !

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested in Yewtree Investigation

Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:53 pm

It was Delboy, he's always been a bad influence :wink:

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested in Yewtree Investigation

Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:45 pm

londonflash wrote:It was Delboy, he's always been a bad influence :wink:

Hey, don't blame me. I was between 8 & 9 years old when all of this was going on. If anything, I'm a VICTIM! Although I can't prove anything I have Max Clifford on standby.

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested in Yewtree Investigation

Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:49 pm

Delboy wrote:
londonflash wrote:It was Delboy, he's always been a bad influence :wink:

Hey, don't blame me. I was between 8 & 9 years old when all of this was going on. If anything, I'm a VICTIM! Although I can't prove anything I have Max Clifford on standby.


Wasn't he questioned as well?

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested in Yewtree Investigation

Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:49 pm

With Savile we the public were able to make reasonably informed decisions due to the amount of evidence that came our way from victims, etc and the various documentaries. We're not at that stage with Harris - the police are still making further enquiries and we are not aware at all of the nature of the allegations in question.

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested in Yewtree Investigation

Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:29 pm

If he is innocent, it is very upsetting that Rolf should be publicly shamed this way. It does seem strange that I have never heard even a whisper of such accusations until the man is 82 years old.

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested in Yewtree Investigation

Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:07 pm

What ARE the allegations?

Rolf is such a lovely guy, I'd be heartbroken if anything came of this. I went to the Glastonbury Festival just to see him and he was unreal and so nice to everyone!

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested in Yewtree Investigation

Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:23 pm

All we know is that involves 1 occasion with 1 adult female.

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested in Yewtree Investigation

Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:56 pm

poormadpeter wrote:All we know is that involves 1 occasion with 1 adult female.

If that's the case we're all in trouble. :shock:

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested in Yewtree Investigation

Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:35 pm

If they're guilty HANG THE BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested in Yewtree Investigation

Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:45 pm

Delboy wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:All we know is that involves 1 occasion with 1 adult female.

If that's the case we're all in trouble. :shock:


And obviously we don't know the nature of the allegation beyond that - ie. what he is supposed to have done to the woman in question.

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested in Yewtree Investigation

Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:04 pm

The media love to destroy celebrities lives.

Even contributing to the tragic death of Princess Diana hasn't fazed them.

I think its a disgrace that Rolf and other celebs have been named and publicly shamed without any charges brought against them.

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested in Yewtree Investigation

Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:10 pm

Bodie wrote:The media love to destroy celebrities lives.

Even contributing to the tragic death of Princess Diana hasn't fazed them.

I think its a disgrace that Rolf and other celebs have been named and publicly shamed without any charges brought against them.

I totally agree.

Even if they are found to be wholly innocent, the mere fact that they were reported in the press to be involved in such and such will stay with them and be forever associated with them for ever. It was this kind of thing that ruined the totally innocent Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle. He was one of the biggest stars on the planet one day - and a total social pariah the next.

Even though his innocence was reported and his pardon granted, the public in general chose to ignore it to the startling effect that even now, almost a century later, he is still often referred to as a murderer and rapist.

There's some definite band-wagon jumpage going on since Sir Jimmy lost his right to be a sir. If they get the right men, I'm all for it. But don't go ruining everyone in the process.

Re: Rolf Harris Arrested in Yewtree Investigation

Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:04 am

:shock: i am shocked by this he was pretty much my fav Australian Entertainer since as long as i remember first seeing television, even if its not true now his name is shamed and they took off air all his programes in UK +Australia. :cry: