Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: BOXCAR “ELVIS ALOHA via SATELLITE” BOOK INFO & TRAILER

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:00 am

midnightx wrote:
YDKM wrote:There was absolutely Nothing wrong with Elvis's REPERTOIRE for the Aloha show.....

Oh, it wasn't without flaws.

well of cource some versions of songs are less than the best, but the RANGE variety and mixture was absolutely 'fine' for an exciting show set list!~ :? :D

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:01 am

YDKM wrote:There was absolutely Nothing wrong with Elvis's REPERTOIRE for the Aloha show...

Sure there was.

Like the fact that only a third of the set were hit songs that ELVIS had recorded.

Only 7 out of 22 numbers. And only 4 were #1 hits.

As of January 1973, Presley actually cut twenty #1 hits in the U.S. alone, one might imagine those would be the selections audiences around the world would be most hoping to see and hear.

Elvis Presley
Sunday, January 14, 1973
Honolulu International Center, Honolulu, HI
Introduction: Also Sprach Zarathustra
C.C. Rider
Burning Love
Something
You Gave Me A Mountain
Steamroller Blues
My Way
Love Me
Johnny B. Goode
It's Over
Blue Suede Shoes
I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
I Can't Stop Loving You
Hound Dog
What Now My Love
Fever
Welcome To My World
Suspicious Minds
Elvis introduces singers, musicians, orchestra, celebrities
I'll Remember You
Long Tall Sally / Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On
An American Trilogy
A Big Hunk O' Love
Can't Help Falling In Love

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:25 am

Right or wrong our opinions of the show would be much
different if we had only seen the show one time.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:35 am

Matthew wrote:
PEP wrote:Not sure why?? As I'm sure it would have made
No difference when I provided my opinion for "Boy From Tupelo"
You did not ask this question then. But I think we know why now. Don't we?

No PEP, "we" don't. All it would have taken on the first page is a "no" PEP - which would not have been hard to write. Hell, a disclaimer in your adverts would help dispell the confusion they create. If you're going to be so brazen endlessly promoting product from preferred companies it is helpful to know whether you're getting a nice backhander for such work because when you make statements like:

this looks' like another WINNER
This is going to be another Quality book which should be a must for most Elvis Fans' !
Totaly "ESSENTIAL" !
The Ultimate Elvis Aloha Book !

..when you haven't even SEEN the book it begs the question how you can otherwise make such statements. How can you expect to be taken seriously unless a) you're being paid in someway to advertise the product or b) you've actually seen the product to draw your conclusions.

If I had an agenda against this release I wouldn't be praising the promo and complimenting what looks like a nicely put together package based on the available information. And since that is all we have to go on, it STILL looks like a nicely put together package and the promo is STILL a slick promo with a fun Superman: The Movie nod. As before, hopefully the essay is an honest reflection on the event.

Matthew get over yourself, your words are pathetic, once you do something of worthwhile in the Elvis world, then we shall judge you, but as per usual you sit there alone, just bitching about everything and how bad it sounds how Elvis should not of done this he should not have done that and this is not very good only Elvis could have made it better?

I think Elvis has a reasonably successful career, and none of it was down to your input, thankfully. :wink:
But as usual you’ll bitch your life away, this book will like everything else sell out, as the person behind this label, is very clever like it or not, he knows how to make quality products that sell, and he knows the secret of making collectable items.
And as with all things you don’t need to buy it, its not aimed at you, so be happy your money is firmly in your pocket :wink:

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:41 am

As usual the chap behind E-1 (and other select login names) jumps in and writes drivel no one is interested in. He thinks he's helping some sort of cause, but just comes off as a boorish oaf. (sigh)

"Ignore" - double click on Yes.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:30 am

ooooh this books going sell well :D

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:49 pm

Yes Matthew is the hidden sales rep, whose job is keeping this post high profile. :wink:
as he points out the ignore button, but just can't find it in his little hart to press it, because then he would not have anything to say or do with his life.
So that ignore button on his PC remains unlike him untouched. :oops: :wink:

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:28 pm

E-1 wrote:Yes Matthew is the hidden sales rep, whose job is keeping this post high profile. :wink:
as he points out the ignore button, but just can't find it in his little hart to press it, because then he would not have anything to say or do with his life.

But the sound quality of this book is nice and clear, bright and warm! :lol:

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:34 pm

midnightx wrote:
YDKM wrote:There was absolutely Nothing wrong with Elvis's REPERTOIRE for the Aloha show.....

Oh, it wasn't without flaws.

Correct. Instead of "Something" (a poor cover of a Beatles song), "My way" (a middle of the road Sinatra dirge) and "Welcome to my world" (a nice Jim Reeves song but halfheartedly performed by Elvis), wouldn't the world rather have had "In the ghetto", "Return to sender", "It's now or never", "I'm leavin'", "It's only love", "The wonder of you" etc, etc as a few examples, NONE of which were included on any previous concert film or broadcast. Thank God he didn't include "You don't have to say you love me" again though.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:36 pm

Tony.. wrote:
E-1 wrote:Yes Matthew is the hidden sales rep, whose job is keeping this post high profile. :wink:

But the sound quality of this book is nice and clear, bright and warm! :lol:

It's the way you tell 'em! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:39 pm

Tony.. wrote:Thank God he didn't include "You don't have to say you love me" again though.

He easily could have.

It was in his normal setlist at the time.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:48 pm

Rob wrote:
Tony.. wrote:Thank God he didn't include "You don't have to say you love me" again though.

He easily could have.

It was in his normal setlist at the time.

Ernst would have LOVED it! :wink:

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:50 pm

Let me clarify so there's no confusion... it was a great show, great setlist and Elvis looked and sounded fantastic... there, now you can all move on. :smt023
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:51 pm

Screw you guys i'ma goin home |------>

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:52 pm

Couldn't agree more, Brad.

That picture would make great desktop wallpaper if it was a little bigger.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:53 pm

Rob wrote:Couldn't agree more, Brad.

That picture would make great desktop wallpaper if it was a little bigger.

or stretch it out then u have 1977's elvis in the aloha suite :smt003 :smt003

Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:32 pm

It's baffling why fans continue to ponder why Aloha From Hawaii wasn't full to the brim with previously recorded/released hits. :facep:

RCA rear sleeve blurb: "INCLUDES 8 SONGS never before recorded by ELVIS."

Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:05 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
robbie wrote:Its is known that there some ppl from the leftist fraction around here who are automatically on the side of the seemingly weak, I am confident, to them I might look like a mean vengeful thug, but to those who still have not abandon their brains, you look like a clown after the nonsense you have posted.

Yes, the nonsense I have posted. ;-)

No, you definitely don't come off as a "mean vengeful thug" ... :D

... is this a forward slash, or a italic "I"?

all kidding aside, you pls feel free to refute my points, no need to be shy, unless of course
you short on brains to do so ...

.. in that case you may feel free to come up with something else in order to bash your fellow humans. Not that you need to be encouraged to do that, but I heard that sociopaths actually do feel real sick when there is too much harmony around and when feeling sick they loose sight of how to solve the harmony problem (i.e. start some sh*t). Just a reminder.

So pls Doc do whatever it takes to make yourself feel good, just don’t catch anything.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:19 am

I am surprised Elvis did not include The Wonder Of You in the Aloha show.
It was a huge hit and not seen in either TTWII or EOT movies.

Nor was it a song that required him to move around a lot.

There are some strange absences of hits that would have been better choices I think.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:26 am

Aussie Jan wrote:There are some strange absences of hits that would have been better choices I think.

Maybe, but RCA had a smart strategy to include new songs and divest from previously released live material.
It's easy to question some of the song choices in 2013, but Aloha proved to be quite successful in 1973. :wink:

Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:08 am

robbie wrote:.. in that case you may feel free to come up with something else in order to bash your fellow humans. Not that you need to be encouraged to do that, but I heard that sociopaths actually do feel real sick when there is too much harmony around and when feeling sick they loose sight of how to solve the harmony problem (i.e. start some sh*t). Just a reminder.

Seek help.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:14 am

Aussie Jan wrote:I am surprised Elvis did not include The Wonder Of You in the Aloha show.
It was a huge hit and not seen in either TTWII or EOT movies.

Nor was it a song that required him to move around a lot.

There are some strange absences of hits that would have been better choices I think.

My point exactly. What ever RCA chose to do after the fact in regards to advertising is besides the point.

Had Presley done a killer set of ALL ELVIS HITS, fans might have seen:

RCA rear sleeve blurb: "INCLUDES 12 #1 SONGS never before recorded live by ELVIS."

Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:32 am

You nailed it Brad!

Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:15 am

elvis-fan wrote:Let me clarify so there's no confusion... it was a great show, great setlist and Elvis looked and sounded fantastic... there, now you can all move on. :smt023

Exactly! Elvis put out more excitement, more power, and more enjoyment in that one hr than all you pinheads put together if you lived a thousand lifetimes each. I know that's tough to handle but true nevertheless.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:28 am

Elvis was the bestest!