Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: The 1975 Las Vegas Happening - Is OUT NOW!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:19 pm

promiseland wrote:
MB280E wrote:This is probably yet another b u l l s h i t release by someone playing around with some soundfiles on their laptop...nothing extraordinary about it and no earlier generation tapecopy at all.

Sincerely MB280E

BINGO!


not really?, A b u l l s h i t release would mean it would be just a piece of copy and paste, But this is a good job done, A better sound on the mainshow, 2 unreleased tracks, a unreleased pre-show and a good looking design.

Re: The 1975 Las Vegas Happening - Is OUT NOW!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:30 pm

There is a :10 second portion of this escape that I've replayed about a dozen times since the package arrived. Listen to the last line of Trilogy.

It's also nice to revisit the 3/22 performance. Elvis was so sharp at this show. It's light on the oldies. It's heavy on his recent recordings. I love the racket the Sweets make at the end of Green Green Grass of Home. "That's alright! That's nice, baby!" They were his cheering section.

Was disappointed that Sherrill is not featured prominently on either of the Voice songs. He was so head-and-shoulders above the other two members, in terms of talent.

The nature of the Kahane recording (soundboard, with little audience noise) makes his unfunny segment even more unfunny, as there are virtually no laughs. Jackie would, amazingly, play a major role at Elvis' funeral. I hate to agree with Goldman, but the fact is that Elvis could have been eulogized by any number of celebrities, politicians and law enforcement professionals. What he got, was a minister from a church he didn't attend, and Jackie Kahane.

Re: The 1975 Las Vegas Happening - Is OUT NOW!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:48 pm

elvisjock wrote:There is a :10 second portion of this escape that I've replayed about a dozen times since the package arrived. Listen to the last line of Trilogy.

It's also nice to revisit the 3/22 performance. Elvis was so sharp at this show. It's light on the oldies. It's heavy on his recent recordings. I love the racket the Sweets make at the end of Green Green Grass of Home. "That's alright! That's nice, baby!" They were his cheering section.

Was disappointed that Sherrill is not featured prominently on either of the Voice songs. He was so head-and-shoulders above the other two members, in terms of talent.

The nature of the Kahane recording (soundboard, with little audience noise) makes his unfunny segment even more unfunny, as there are virtually no laughs. Jackie would, amazingly, play a major role at Elvis' funeral. I hate to agree with Goldman, but the fact is that Elvis could have been eulogized by any number of celebrities, politicians and law enforcement professionals. What he got, was a minister from a church he didn't attend, and Jackie Kahane.


American trilogy is a great version! ''his truth is marching oooooon, His truth, looord is marching iii-n onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn''

Re: The 1975 Las Vegas Happening - Is OUT NOW!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:22 pm

Can`t the 2 "unreleased" songs stem from another show of this time..?

FTDs Big Boss Man is a contender..

Re: The 1975 Las Vegas Happening - Is OUT NOW!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:25 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Can`t the 2 "unreleased" songs stem from another show of this time..?


if we have a audience version of this show i could compare?

Re: The 1975 Las Vegas Happening - Is OUT NOW!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:28 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Can`t the 2 "unreleased" songs stem from another show of this time..?

FTDs Big Boss Man is a contender..

I'll remember you and hound dog are not from FTD's big boss man i just compared, elvis jokes alot more in this version from las vegas happening.

Re: The 1975 Las Vegas Happening - Is OUT NOW!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:31 pm

Thank you..for the efforts.. ::rocks

Re: The 1975 Las Vegas Happening - Is OUT NOW!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:40 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
Elvis2001.net wrote:where can i get these releases?
Joe K


on Ebay, That's where i got it from
for $21 (Uk pounds)

The seller i bought it from still has 1!! available http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elvis-Collect ... 1022642593
It's a safe bet, as this is the same seller i bought my straight arrow from


A concert we have already had TWICE. I'm not interested in a few songs by the 'warm up' acts or a useless comedian, so I vote this one yet another;
WASTE OF MONEY..jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: The 1975 Las Vegas Happening - Is OUT NOW!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:41 pm

We've heard I'll Remember You before. He makes a remark about "ruining" the song.

The Trilogy performance is way overblown, but the last line is performed in a way that is new to us. I was waiting for the disc to end, thinking it would go on the shelf permanently, in the "rarely if ever to listen to again" section, when that little segment reached out and grabbed me by the scarf.

Re: The 1975 Las Vegas Happening - Is OUT NOW!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:42 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Thank you..for the efforts.. ::rocks


here is the unreleased bonuses: a funky themed hound dog & i'll remember you

http://picosong.com/FwRu/ ---- Hound Dog

http://picosong.com/FwRE/ ---- I'll Remember You

Re: The 1975 Las Vegas Happening - Is OUT NOW!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:45 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
YDKM wrote:what are 2 tracks unreleased as well as pre-show Ciscoking? :?


it's a good deal for me, atleast 2 unreleased track, unreleased pre show (i like goin back to memphis, and the sweets) and you get the main show in a better sound then back with a bang.


Will you buy it a 4th time when it is re-released AGAIN with 'improved' sound (probably on FTD)?

Re: The 1975 Las Vegas Happening - Is OUT NOW!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:47 pm

Tony.. wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
YDKM wrote:what are 2 tracks unreleased as well as pre-show Ciscoking? :?


it's a good deal for me, atleast 2 unreleased track, unreleased pre show (i like goin back to memphis, and the sweets) and you get the main show in a better sound then back with a bang.


Will you buy it a 4th time when it is re-released AGAIN with 'improved' sound (probably on FTD)?


Nope. unless its multi-track

Re: The 1975 Las Vegas Happening - Is OUT NOW!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:49 pm

Tony.. wrote:Will you buy it a 4th time when it is re-released AGAIN with 'improved' sound (probably on FTD)?

I plan on paying top dollar for this.

Re: The 1975 Las Vegas Happening - Is OUT NOW!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:51 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
YDKM wrote:what are 2 tracks unreleased as well as pre-show Ciscoking? :?


it's a good deal for me, atleast 2 unreleased track, unreleased pre show (i like goin back to memphis, and the sweets) and you get the main show in a better sound then back with a bang.


Will you buy it a 4th time when it is re-released AGAIN with 'improved' sound (probably on FTD)?


Nope. unless its multi-track


That is probably a reality!! I'm still waiting for FTD to miraculously 'find' the stereo master of the "48 hours to Memphis" Richmond concert. :wink:

Re: The 1975 Las Vegas Happening - Is OUT NOW!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:52 pm

Tony.. wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
YDKM wrote:what are 2 tracks unreleased as well as pre-show Ciscoking? :?


it's a good deal for me, atleast 2 unreleased track, unreleased pre show (i like goin back to memphis, and the sweets) and you get the main show in a better sound then back with a bang.


Will you buy it a 4th time when it is re-released AGAIN with 'improved' sound (probably on FTD)?


Nope. unless its multi-track


That is probably a reality!! I'm still waiting for FTD to miraculously 'find' the stereo master of the "48 hours to Memphis" Richmond concert. :wink:


why?? so u can re-buy it :mrgreen:

Re: The 1975 Las Vegas Happening - Is OUT NOW!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:14 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:Thank you..for the efforts.. ::rocks


here is the unreleased bonuses: a funky themed hound dog & i'll remember you

http://picosong.com/FwRu/ ---- Hound Dog

http://picosong.com/FwRE/ ---- I'll Remember You


Both were already before on the A Legendary Performer series.

Re: The 1975 Las Vegas Happening - Is OUT NOW!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:36 pm

Some say NO ..say say..YES,..what now..?

On which volumes..? Gents.....please.. :lol:

Re: The 1975 Las Vegas Happening - Is OUT NOW!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:12 pm

Jamba wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:Thank you..for the efforts.. ::rocks


here is the unreleased bonuses: a funky themed hound dog & i'll remember you

http://picosong.com/FwRu/ ---- Hound Dog

http://picosong.com/FwRE/ ---- I'll Remember You


Both were already before on the A Legendary Performer series.



Yep. That's (unfortunately) true. I've just listened (again) and compared the tracks in questions. Both "Remember" and "Hound Dog" were previosuly released on "A Legendary Performer, Volume 7" where they were said to have come from February 1973 and May 1974, respectively.

In other words, none of the bonus songs on CD2 of "The Happening" are previosuly unreleased.

Re: The 1975 Las Vegas Happening - Is OUT NOW!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:35 pm

I knew it..friends...

Thank you for your help and input..much appreciated.... ::rocks

Re: The 1975 Las Vegas Happening - Is OUT NOW!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:47 pm

Interesting though that the same people who praise the latest re-release in improved sound quality from GR - while accusing others of having an agenda - now come out with c-r-a-p comments on this one.
Oh wait! Agenda, right?

Re: The 1975 Las Vegas Happening - Is OUT NOW!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:57 pm

I don`t read the whole thread again ..but who said it was crap..?..I can`t recall comments like this..
For newbies who hadn`t had the chance to grab The Profile Box or Back With A Bang and those who are
interested in unreleased pre-show program..it is worthwhile in any case..also the bonus SBs from the Legedary
series are rare..here we have them again..I am sure..many missed them..

Re: The 1975 Las Vegas Happening - Is OUT NOW!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:54 pm

elvisjock wrote:Was disappointed that Sherrill is not featured prominently on either of the Voice songs.


This is very bad news indeed.

Re: The 1975 Las Vegas Happening - Is OUT NOW!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:56 pm

May I please have your attention?

I will not be getting this release.

Thank you, and good afternoon.

Re: The 1975 Las Vegas Happening - Is OUT NOW!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:55 pm

Ciscoking wrote:I knew it..friends...

Thank you for your help and input..much appreciated.... ::rocks


argh i thought so also......
now i ask myself IS it really worth buying for just a pre-programme?? :?

Re: The 1975 Las Vegas Happening - Is OUT NOW!

Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:27 am

YDKM wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:I knew it..friends...

Thank you for your help and input..much appreciated.... ::rocks


argh i thought so also......
now i ask myself IS it really worth buying for just a pre-programme?? :?


And improved sound!